ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

June 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

madhudwh.s
Newly Registered

Re: June 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by madhudwh.s » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:45 pm

garry15 wrote:Eligibility criteria: HSMP+Tier1+ILR (6 yrs in total)
Language criteria met: Degree taught in english Language, University Degree, PBS printout
Current nationality: Indian
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Leeds
Date of application: 27/06/2014
Payment method: DC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 30/06/2012
Date of acknowledgment: 10/07/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 04/07/2014
Date approval received: Received on: 04/10/2014 Dated: 30/09/2014
Date of ceremony: To Be made

Thanks All, I am an Silent watcher of this blog...Its been really useful and answered most of my question that I had filling in the form. Once Again Thanks and keep up the good work :0)

Hello brother
I have received a letter from home office stating that,the qualification must be deemed by NARIC to meet the recognised standard of bachelor's or masters degree in the uk and need to provide original degree certificate with application plus a pass notification letter stating that i have passed submit naric letter.
And they asked me to submit these docs before 13/10/2014.Even if i apply in NARIC for fast track it will take time for 2 days.and sat and sunday holiday i will receive it monday or tuesday.

so can you please let me know how can i do it early.Do i need to send a mail to home office regarding this or any idea please suggest.

And in NARIC there are 2 types of certificates which one i need to select

1.English Language Assessment(ELA) from NARIC
2.Statement of comparability (SOC) from NARIC.

please its urgent.

Thanks
Madhu

madhudwh.s
Newly Registered

Post by madhudwh.s » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:46 pm

Hello Everybody,

CAn you please help me I have received a letter from home office stating that,the qualification must be deemed by NARIC to meet the recognised standard of bachelor's or masters degree in the uk and need to provide original degree certificate with application plus a pass notification letter stating that i have passed submit naric letter.
And they asked me to submit these docs before 13/10/2014.Even if i apply in NARIC for fast track it will take time for 2 days.and sat and sunday holiday i will receive it monday or tuesday.

so can you please let me know how can i do it early.Do i need to send a mail to home office regarding this or any idea please suggest.

please its urgent.

Thanks
Madhu

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:54 pm

madhudwh.s wrote:Hello Everybody,

CAn you please help me I have received a letter from home office stating that,the qualification must be deemed by NARIC to meet the recognised standard of bachelor's or masters degree in the uk and need to provide original degree certificate with application plus a pass notification letter stating that i have passed submit naric letter.

please its urgent.

Thanks
Madhu
English language Assessment is a letter from UK NARIC which will provide you with information on whether your degree was taught in english..for that you need a letter from the university stating that your degree was taught in english..you can use the PBS calculator to prove that you get 10 points for your degree.

Statement of comparability is the letter which will compare your degree from outside the UK to a degree in the UK. Call them up and check whether they will pick up your case immediately. I belive they have a cut off time after which it is picked up next day. you can call the British citizenship helpline and check if your original degree would be enough for your case.

kris_g
Newly Registered

Post by kris_g » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:55 pm

please its urgent.

Thanks
Madhu
I got similar letter. I showed only 10 points in the PBS Calculator along with application. i sent the printout again showing 35 pts for qual. and 10 pts for english.

Did you submit the print-out of points based calculator at the time of application showing atleast 20points for qualification and 10 points for Level of English? If not then that may the reason they are asking for UK Naric letter. You should send the printout of points based calculator to the caseworker and tell him that this is what mentioned in the Guide, Gov.uk website and in caseworker's note.

Please see the link for caseworker's notes

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 5.0EXT.pdf

garry15
Newly Registered

Post by garry15 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:58 pm

kris_g wrote:

please its urgent.

Thanks
Madhu
I got similar letter. I showed only 10 points in the PBS Calculator along with application. i sent the printout again showing 35 pts for qual. and 10 pts for english.

Did you submit the print-out of points based calculator at the time of application showing atleast 20points for qualification and 10 points for Level of English? If not then that may the reason they are asking for UK Naric letter. You should send the printout of points based calculator to the caseworker and tell him that this is what mentioned in the Guide, Gov.uk website and in caseworker's note.

Please see the link for caseworker's notes

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 5.0EXT.pdf

I think you must send them PBS Calculator print out ASAP and Also print the PDF mentioned in the above link or use this link https://www.gov.uk/english-language where its state that PBS Calculator recognised University are approved by NARAIC.

below is what I have copied from this link https://www.gov.uk/english-language

Degrees taught or researched in English
You’ll need to prove your degree was both:

taught or researched in English
confirmed by UK NARIC as the equivalent of a bachelor’s, master’s or PhD degree in the UK
You’ll need your original degree certificate and one of the following:

a printout from the points-based calculator with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English
an original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name and degree confirming that your degree was taught in English
an original and official certificate from your university confirming the degree was taught or researched in a majority English-speaking country (except Canada).

Also when you are filling in qualification section on the PBS Calculator click on the Help Button(Help on this question (opens new window)) you can see these below wording wording. take the print out of that as well and attach it.

Points-based calculator - help
Qualification database
The information in the database is supplied to us by the National Academic Recognition Information Centre (UK NARIC). You can enter a maximum of ten qualifications and then select the one which scores the highest points.
To score points for your qualifications, your qualification must be the same as a UK Bachelor's degree, Master's degree or PhD.
Awarding institution or body
'Recognised' institutions or bodies, including universities, have their own UK degree awarding powers. 'Listed' institutions or bodies are able to provide courses which can lead to a UK degree; however, they are not able to award the qualification themselves. If you have studied for a degree at a Listed institution or body, the qualification must be awarded by a Recognised Body in order to qualify for the award of points. For details of which bodies are Listed or Recognised, please see the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills website.

In the mean time also request NARAIC to issue you the Certificate.

Hope this will give some room and time for Home office to process, if Home Office still insist they want the NARIAC certificate, I think they will write you a second letter. By this time you should have received a NARAIC Certificate.

Hope this helps!!

slimshizzy
Newly Registered

Post by slimshizzy » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:55 pm

Hi guys..i've been lurking on this forum since I started planning to apply in May, so this is my first post...
Firstly I would like to thank everyone who has contributed and continues to offer support to people like me, your help has been invaluable..Secondly as this is my first post it may be a little bit long, so please bear with me.

Anyway here is my timeline:

Eligibility criteria: 3yrs + 6 yrs ILR
Language criteria met: LIUK + Trinity B1 test
Current nationality:
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Hillingdon
Date of application: 2nd June 2014
Payment method : CC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 4th June 2014
Date of acknowledgment: 18th June 2014 (Dated 11th June 2014)
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 11th June 2014
Date approval received: 8th October 2014 (Dated 6th October 2014)
Date of ceremony: TBC

Thanks be to God.

A little background on my application just incase it may be of use to anyone facing similar circumstances:

There was a delay in my approval, me being a first week of June applicant, as I had initially applied using my UK degree transcript for the English language requirement. I received a letter from my case worker on 11th September (dated 12th September) asking me to send my original degree certificate by the 3rd October as my transcript was insufficient. However as I was unable to provide my degree certificate (I don't have it and it would take ages to get it) I quickly booked a B1 test at Trinity and did it on the 20th September, received the certificate on 25th September and sent it off same day 1st class recorded, and I tracked it received by UKVI on 29th September.
I also included a 1st class recorded S.A.E with my B1 certificate and they sent back the approval letter along with my B1 certificate in this envelope, so in my case I never received the classic "brown envelope". I also received the letter fairly quicker than if they had posted it 2nd class as is their norm, so I well pleased. (This may be a tip to anyone applying now to include an S.A.E with their application).
Coincidentally, I'd rang UKVI on 7th October and they informed me that a decision had been made on my application the previous day (6th) and that I should receive a letter and my documents by the end of this week :). I'm now just waiting for my ceremony invitation letter from the council.

Good luck to anyone still waiting, I'm sure your approvals are also on the way!

kris_g
Newly Registered

Post by kris_g » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:39 pm

Eligibility criteria: WP+Tier 1 + 1 Yr ILR
Language criteria met : Indian Master Degree, Points Based Calculator Document with 10 points for English based on degree
Method of application: Postal
Council name if NCS used: N/A
Date of application: 12/06/2014
Payment method : Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 13/06/2014
Date of acknowledgment: 20/06/2014 (Letter received on 26/06/2014 dated 20/06/2014). Took six days for 2nd class mail to be delivered to northern ireland from liverpool.
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 20/06/2014
Date approval received: 9/10/2014 dated 6/10/2014

madhudwh.s
Newly Registered

Post by madhudwh.s » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:55 pm

kris_g wrote:Eligibility criteria: WP+Tier 1 + 1 Yr ILR
Language criteria met : Indian Master Degree, Points Based Calculator Document with 10 points for English based on degree
Date of acknowledgment: 20/06/2014 (Letter received on 26/06/2014 dated 20/06/2014). Took six days for 2nd class mail to be delivered to northern ireland from liverpool.
Date approval received: 9/10/2014 dated 6/10/2014
Congrates Gopi....
As you said i sent Indian Master Degree, Points Based Calculator Document with 10 points for English based on degree.and i had taken print from AN form guide and case worker guide..

kris_g
Newly Registered

Post by kris_g » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:24 pm

You will also need to show atleast 20 points for the level of degree quivalent to UK.

You should get 20 points for degree and 10 points for english.

lovebanana
Newly Registered

Post by lovebanana » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:29 pm

Hello
First time poster, long time looker.
I got my approval letter today!!

Eligibility criteria: ILR since 2009
Language criteria met: from English speaking country
Method of application: NCS Camden, London
Date of application: 30/06/2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: 07/07/2014
Date of debit of fees: 08/07/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement:
Date of approval letter being received: 09/10/2014 (letter dated 01/10/2014)
Date of Ceremony: TBC

My partner also applied, 3 days before me:
Name: likemonkey
Eligibility criteria: ILR since 2008
Date of receipt by UKBA: 04/07/2014
Date of debit of fees: 06/07/2014
Date of approval letter being received: ??????
Date of Ceremony: ??????

My partner phoned the helpline on 1 October and was told he should receive a decision within two to four weeks. They told him that if he didn't receive a letter within four weeks to call them back.

I called them on 2 October and was told that the waiting period was six months. My approval letter was dated 1 October!! So there is hope, there is hope...!!

Good luck to everyone still waiting, and thank you to all those who have taken the time to post their timeline, we have been glued to the screen watching the progress!! And massive thanks to arvindnaththakur!!! :D

kris_g
Newly Registered

Post by kris_g » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:42 am

Can someone please advice me on this?

Got approval for me and my wife. But the letter doesn't say anything about my Son's approval.
Is HO going to send another letter for my Son's approval?

shaik719

Post by shaik719 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:33 am

Your son will receive naturalisation certificate not approval letter MN1 gets certificate as they don't need to take oath.

lovebanana
Newly Registered

Post by lovebanana » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:22 pm

My partner has received his confirmation also:
Name: likemonkey
Eligibility criteria: ILR since 2008
Date of receipt by UKBA: 04/07/2014
Date of debit of fees: 06/07/2014
Date of approval letter being received: 11/10/2014 (letter dated 01/10/2014)
Date of Ceremony: 29/10/2014

Thanks again to everyone posting their details on this forum. It has been so helpful. xxx

arvindnaththakur
Newly Registered

Post by arvindnaththakur » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:41 am

Hi Folks, The updated Sheet...
Attachments
Tracking.JPG
Tracking.JPG (198.55 KiB) Viewed 2040 times

arvindnaththakur
Newly Registered

Post by arvindnaththakur » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:47 am

Can somebody help?? I understand this is not the right forum...

I am in a situation, My ceremony is on 22/10/2014. I have few questions..
  • How many days does it takes to get the Passport after the ceremony?
  • How many days to get the VISA for India?
  • Can I travel to India after the ceremony on my Indian Passport?
Recently, my dad had a cardiac arrest. By gods grace things are stable as of now but i need to travel to India to ensure further treatments which might have to be a bypass surgery.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

waitingobserver

Post by waitingobserver » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:01 am

arvindnaththakur wrote:Can somebody help?? I understand this is not the right forum...

I am in a situation, My ceremony is on 22/10/2014. I have few questions..
  • How many days does it takes to get the Passport after the ceremony?
  • How many days to get the VISA for India?
  • Can I travel to India after the ceremony on my Indian Passport?
Recently, my dad had a cardiac arrest. By gods grace things are stable as of now but i need to travel to India to ensure further treatments which might have to be a bypass surgery.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Hello Arvind,

-I just checked online and it shows that a tourist visa gets procesed between 3 to 10 days at the latest.
-As to passport applications, the passport department is currently processing passport applications quicker than before after reducing their backlog ( so many people got their in less than 3 weeks)
-Maybe in your case the quickest way would be to travel on your Indian passport.

Hope everything is well.

kris_g
Newly Registered

Post by kris_g » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:12 am

Arvind

You will have 3 months grace period from date you get naturalization certificate. Please go through below link

https://www.hcilondon.in/renunciation.html

There is a grace period of three months after acquisition of foreign nationality (to be counted from the date of registration / Naturalisation Certificate and not from the date of foreign passport) for using Indian passport for travel.

My best advice is to call HCI, London and clarify.

kris_g
Newly Registered

Post by kris_g » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:16 am

Eligibility criteria: WP+Tier 1 + 1 Yr ILR
Letter sent by Caseworker asking to provide UK NARIC Letter: 24/09/2014
Reply sent to Caseworker: 30/09/2014 (With print-out of points based calculator showing 35 pts for degree and 10 pts for english)
Date approval received: 9/10/2014 dated 6/10/2014 (Along with original documents)
Date of ceremony: 14/10/2014

arvindnaththakur
Newly Registered

Post by arvindnaththakur » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:17 am

Thanks WaitingObserver & kris_g for the prompt reply.

Ill call the helpline to assert my best choice.

oyioko
Newly Registered

Post by oyioko » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:02 pm

UPDATE! UPDATE!! UPDATE!!!

oyioko"]Eligibility criteria: 5 years Residence (EEA FAMILY MEMBER) + 1 year Permanent Residence
Language criteria met: ESOL B1
Method of application: Applied via NCS
Council name if NCS used: Rochdale Council
Date of application: 06/06/2014
Payment method : Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 10/06/2014
Date of acknowledgment: 21/06/2014 Dated 17/06/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 17/06/2014
Date approval received: 13/10/2014 but dated 02/10/2014.Took more than 10 days to get to me

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank immigration board's administrators,
You guys are doing a wonderful job by keeping this site alive and kicking, well done.

Took me nearly 4 months to get my approval and I hope u all gets urs pretty soon too, just keep
positive and keep hoping for the best. Goodluck all :)

nkim2222

Post by nkim2222 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:08 pm

Hi all apllied thru -10 years residency :
Application received -16 june
Acknowledgement-30 of June:
Called home office today : -status under consideration,
The man was very polite , he said it takes 6months, so I shouldn't worry. .hehehe :but the guy was so cool.
Congrats to those waiting:
Am still on the waiting boat..nothing to worry. .God is working behind closed doors. .xx

farhan_tai
Newly Registered

Post by farhan_tai » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:20 pm

i applied on 19th June. no response yet. I rang them today morning and got same reply "under consideration".

trees
Newly Registered

Post by trees » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:57 pm

Eligibility criteria: 1 yr ilr + married to BC
Method: Postal Hammersmith
Date of application: 21-06-14
Payment method: DC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 24-06-14
Date of acknowledgment: about 1 week later (not sure)
Date of debit or clearance of fees: about 1week later
Date approval received: ...
Date of ceremony: ...

Called homeoffice twice since application. Still in process

kris_g
Newly Registered

Post by kris_g » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:06 pm

kris_g wrote:Eligibility criteria: WP+Tier 1 + 1 Yr ILR
Letter sent by Caseworker asking to provide UK NARIC Letter: 24/09/2014
Reply sent to Caseworker: 30/09/2014 (With print-out of points based calculator showing 35 pts for degree and 10 pts for english)
Date approval received: 9/10/2014 dated 6/10/2014 (Along with original documents)
Holding the Citizenship Certificate now. Thanks for all your help and all the best for people still waiting. Now its time for me to follow passport application forum. But I will check this forum for few more months for all those still waiting to share my experience or knowledge that I have acquired during this process or journey of Citizenship. :)

farhan_tai
Newly Registered

Post by farhan_tai » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:54 pm

I have received registration certification of my child today. i applied on 19th June. It took around 80 days. I rang them in the morning and found out application status was "under consideration". I have not received supported documents yet, which i sent over with this application. I think they will update application status once they send all docs back.