ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British wife, turkish husband, family visit visa refused

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dinagul
Newly Registered

British wife, turkish husband, family visit visa refused

Post by dinagul » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:32 pm

Hello,

I hope someone can give me advice on our situation.

I am a british citizen my husband is turkish. We married in Istanbul. I live in London, he is still in Istanbul. In July we had a baby girl, she is now british citizen too. My husband just applied for family visitor visa to come to London for 10 days only and was refused. I knew I didn't earn enough for him to get Spouse visa, but to be refused even visitor visa was a big surprise. He has not seen his daughter yet! He has a job in Istanbul earning $3000 per month, but his company has a strange way of paying only small part of salary into his bank account and the rest he receives as cash. The visa officer did not believe his salary is $3000, even after seeing a letter from company boss stating this salary and on this basis refused his visa.

Has anyone been in similar situation? What are our options now? Is me and baby moving to Turkey the only option for us to be together?

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I did look through other threads but didn't find the answers to my questions...

flozo64
United Kingdom

Re: British wife, turkish husband, family visit visa refused

Post by flozo64 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:39 pm

Have you considered ss or the Turkish business visa?
Flr(fp) application.

Applied - 29/07-14
HO Received - 31/07/14
Biometrics done - 12/08/14
Decision - Granted - 10/10/2014

dinagul
Newly Registered

Post by dinagul » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:54 pm

What is SS?

Does turkish business visa require my husband to set up business in the uk? He will not have enough money for setting up business I'm afraid.

He is in the meantime looking for a job in London. He has been trying since January 2014 but no luck yet, as companies don't want to get involved with his visa and work permit I guess. He works in IT as an Agile Business Analyst and we feel that if he was already here, he would get a job soon.

flozo64
United Kingdom

Post by flozo64 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:04 pm

You could apply for a different visa, say work in which he can then contribute to the income requirement for the spouse visa.

SS is where you move to another eu country for 6ish months, in which you would live together and you would need to work a min of 12 hours. He would also be able to work. Eventually after 6 or so months you can apply to come back to the uk. Once here getting a visa is cheap and simple because you will be classed as an eu, not British citizen
Flr(fp) application.

Applied - 29/07-14
HO Received - 31/07/14

dinagul
Newly Registered

Post by dinagul » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:56 pm

Does it mean that if my husband gets a Work Visa he can later apply for a Spouse Visa using his salary in the UK for financial requirements? I thought only my salary is considered for a Spouse Visa...

As I understand SS stands for the Surinder Singh route, which I have looked into. This is not possible for us, as I have an older daughter, who is in Primary School in London. I cannot quite imagine how I will be able to settle her in a school in another EU country and work as well as look after a 3 months old baby. But thank you for suggestion!

flozo64
United Kingdom

Post by flozo64 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:07 pm

Yes, if he is in the uk legally with valid work they will take his wage into account. It would be worth looking into :wink:
Flr(fp) application.

Applied - 29/07-14
HO Received - 31/07/14

Sedanday

Post by Sedanday » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:08 am

@cankaya123
Thanks for your research
You've already done a seperated post about it which is a good idea
I don't believe spamming other posts again with the same thing is a good idea especially when it's not related to the topic

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:14 am

Unrelated post for some reason tagged onto this aging topic has been removed.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.