ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

May 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

waitingobserver

Re: May 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by waitingobserver » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:15 pm

omargb wrote:Hi sheen.

Can you do some updates.
Applied on the 27th of May.
Aproval received on the 27th of 09.
Dated 22nd of 09.
Best of luck to you all.

Hello Omar :) are you eligible for citizenship as spouse of British citizen or 5 years residency?

waitingobserver

Post by waitingobserver » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:51 pm

Hello Shaheen,

Can you please post an updated spreadsheet. (preferrably with percentage of approvals by applications)

Thank you.

kash81
Newly Registered

Post by kash81 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:36 pm

MonkeyBusiness wrote:Updated list for the awaiting bunch

amk_amk
fazhaque
muryphy1
skk27
king hassi
Serina26
[iD]
Monkeyusiness
kash81
Iva_rocher
please as soon as anyone received approval update us thanks.

waitingobserver

Post by waitingobserver » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:57 pm

amk_amk
fazhaque
muryphy1
skk27
king hassi
Serina26
[iD]
Monkeyusiness
kash81
Iva_rocher

Is this list of applicants for all of May or just the first week of May ?

romford1
Newly Registered

Post by romford1 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:03 pm

And the wait goes on........ :twisted:
Applied on 12th of May
Can't belie I was told on 29th of August that I will get a decision within 2 weeks!
It is getting to the point of ridiculousness.
My brother, a June applicant is already naturalised and waiting for passport now, happy for him and eagerly waiting for my brown envelope!

waitingobserver

Post by waitingobserver » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:06 pm

waitingobserver wrote:

amk_amk
fazhaque
muryphy1
skk27
king hassi
Serina26
[iD]
Monkeyusiness
kash81
Iva_rocher

And sorry to break this bad news... Serina26 application has been declined ( apparently due to a Parking Ticket).

MonkeyBusiness

Post by MonkeyBusiness » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:17 pm

the ones applied in May and waiting
waitingobserver wrote:

amk_amk
fazhaque
muryphy1
skk27
king hassi
Serina26
[iD]
Monkeyusiness
kash81
Iva_rocher

waitingobserver

Post by waitingobserver » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:36 pm

Hey Monkeybusiness,

I'm just gonna add my name to the list then. I applied on 28-MAY and still waiting.

Updated list for the awaiting bunch (May 2014)

amk_amk
fazhaque
muryphy1
skk27
king hassi
Serina26 ( Application Declined )
[iD]
Monkeyusiness
kash81
Iva_rocher
Waitingobserver

Hope we get our approvals soon.

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:11 pm

waitingobserver wrote:
waitingobserver wrote:

amk_amk
fazhaque
muryphy1
skk27
king hassi
Serina26
[iD]
Monkeyusiness
kash81
Iva_rocher

And sorry to break this bad news... Serina26 application has been declined ( apparently due to a Parking Ticket).
sorry to know this..

I think everyone will have a parking ticket at some point in their thier life.. Is the application declined becoz the parking fine has not been paid ? or is it mandatory to delcare the parking ticket in application?

waitingobserver

Post by waitingobserver » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:20 pm

Full story is in Topic: "Unsuccessful applications"

chrisonrails
Newly Registered

Post by chrisonrails » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:58 pm

amk_amk
fazhaque
muryphy1
skk27
king hassi
[iD]
Monkeyusiness
kash81
Iva_rocher
Waitingobserver
chrisonrails

Added myself to the list

waitingobserver

Post by waitingobserver » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:31 pm

I am seriously considering writing to the MP.

I just realised some people who applied in June and July got their approval before my application was even allocated to a caseworker. They can't tell me that they have no visibility or none of those robotic answers cuz I've got the name of the people who applied after me and got their approvals I also have the names of the call centre agents who told me that my case hasn't been allocated yet along with the time and duration of call.

If anyone's application was considered complex or if any further documents were needed I shoulda been told within 12 weeks as mention in the UKVI website.

The service is not worth £906 at all and I think the excuse of staff deployment to the passports department is just outrageous cuz we shouldn't pay for staff that's supposed todeal with applications we paid for while they are deployed doing tasks that have nothing to do with naturalisation.

mhsadique
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by mhsadique » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:10 pm

waitingobserver wrote:I am seriously considering writing to the MP.

I just realised some people who applied in June and July got their approval before my application was even allocated to a caseworker. They can't tell me that they have no visibility or none of those robotic answers cuz I've got the name of the people who applied after me and got their approvals I also have the names of the call centre agents who told me that my case hasn't been allocated yet along with the time and duration of call.

If anyone's application was considered complex or if any further documents were needed I shoulda been told within 12 weeks as mention in the UKVI website.

The service is not worth £906 at all and I think the excuse of staff deployment to the passports department is just outrageous cuz we shouldn't pay for staff that's supposed todeal with applications we paid for while they are deployed doing tasks that have nothing to do with naturalisation.
UK immigration is most secure and reliable in this universe. Every little movement/history/record in their Hard Disk. For naturalisation 1 month more then enough. If everything on their record, then why need to wait for 6 month??

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Post by Aryan2013 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:11 pm

I think the best way forward is Complaints procedure; Set out your complaint clearly and briefly, including dates and any reference numbers where possible, then email or send it to:

Email: complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Address:
Complaints Allocation Hub
Central Point of Receipt
11th Floor
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

Jav0786
Newly Registered

Post by Jav0786 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:46 am

chrisonrails wrote:amk_amk
fazhaque
muryphy1
skk27
king hassi
[iD]
Monkeyusiness
kash81
Iva_rocher
Waitingobserver
chrisonrails

Added myself to the list

Hi all,

I have been on this forum from long time. Thanks for all information for helping each other.

Date of application : 14 May 14
Acknowledgement received : 26 May 14
Approval : WAITINGG ------- :!: :!: :!: :!:
Nationality: Pak

Jav0786
Newly Registered

Post by Jav0786 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:58 am

waitingobserver wrote:Hey Monkeybusiness,

I'm just gonna add my name to the list then. I applied on 28-MAY and still waiting.

Updated list for the awaiting bunch (May 2014)

amk_amk
fazhaque
muryphy1
skk27
king hassi
[iD]
Monkeyusiness
kash81
Iva_rocher
Waitingobserver

Hope we get our approvals soon.
please guys add nationality to it.

MonkeyBusiness

Post by MonkeyBusiness » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:20 am

you can only raise a complaint if it goes over 6 months and they fail to contact you

as they are supposed to tell you before the 6 months expiry that your application is dealyed
Aryan2013 wrote:I think the best way forward is Complaints procedure; Set out your complaint clearly and briefly, including dates and any reference numbers where possible, then email or send it to:

Address:
Central Point of Receipt
11th Floor
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

Vadio
Newly Registered

Post by Vadio » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:54 pm

mhsadique wrote:
waitingobserver wrote: UK immigration is most secure and reliable in this universe. Every little movement/history/record in their Hard Disk. For naturalisation 1 month more then enough. If everything on their record, then why need to wait for 6 month??
With all due respect, the 'Hard Disk" has no record of your tax situation, speeding or other traffic offenses or details of persons used as referees. Neither does the UKVI record anything if you travel to/from Ireland, among other things.

I don't know how many staff are in the department, but based on the number of applications typically submitted in the past 2-3 years, roughly 3500 applications per week have to be reviewed/processed, and not all are straightforward as can be seen from multiple posts & questions posed here. For every applicant who submits under a 'discretionary' clause, 'forgot' something, or who fails to submit some/all of the required documents, more of the caseworker's time is required and the rest of us drop back in the queue.

I too am frustrated when I see approvals of applications made long after mine, particularly as mine is about as straightforward as an application can be. However, I have to remind myself that life isn't fair and I am no more 'special' than anyone else.

dks100

Post by dks100 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:40 pm

I think approval delay started since last six months only but before that possibly they were doing withing 3 weeks time, some of my friends has got appovals within 3 months this year feb ad last year July.
DKS

mhsadique
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by mhsadique » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:18 pm

Vadio wrote:
mhsadique wrote:
waitingobserver wrote: UK immigration is most secure and reliable in this universe. Every little movement/history/record in their Hard Disk. For naturalisation 1 month more then enough. If everything on their record, then why need to wait for 6 month??
With all due respect, the 'Hard Disk" has no record of your tax situation, speeding or other traffic offenses or details of persons used as referees. Neither does the UKVI record anything if you travel to/from Ireland, among other things.

I don't know how many staff are in the department, but based on the number of applications typically submitted in the past 2-3 years, roughly 3500 applications per week have to be reviewed/processed, and not all are straightforward as can be seen from multiple posts & questions posed here. For every applicant who submits under a 'discretionary' clause, 'forgot' something, or who fails to submit some/all of the required documents, more of the caseworker's time is required and the rest of us drop back in the queue.

I too am frustrated when I see approvals of applications made long after mine, particularly as mine is about as straightforward as an application can be. However, I have to remind myself that life isn't fair and I am no more 'special' than anyone else.
Dear Video,

I do agree part of it. But still 3 month is long time.

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Post by Aryan2013 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:31 pm

MonkeyBusiness wrote:you can only raise a complaint if it goes over 6 months and they fail to contact you

as they are supposed to tell you before the 6 months expiry that your application is dealyed
Aryan2013 wrote:I think the best way forward is Complaints procedure; Set out your complaint clearly and briefly, including dates and any reference numbers where possible, then email or send it to:

Address:
Central Point of Receipt
11th Floor
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY
I am sure you can a write a general complain any time you wish but if you want to be very specific including your personal details then may be, you have to wait 6 months.

waitingobserver

Post by waitingobserver » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:49 am

I sent my complaint yesterday and I also sent a request to clarify the issues with the standard of service under the freedom of information act.

My complaints were about the following:

-It took my application 4 months to be allocated to a caseworker while other applications submitted after mine got approved in less than 2 months. (cherry picking applications?? Random allocation ?? a lottery machine is being used?? how lucky do I have to be to be chosen randomly? or are some profiles avoided ? ) obviously I didn't mention the lottery machine but I provided the full details of the applicants who applied after me and got approved before mine was even allocated.

-An agent told me that my application has been allocated to a caseworker and 2 weeks later another agent told me my applications hasn't been allocated. I provided both call times, duration and agents name. This goes against their customer service commitment of providing the correct information ( according to their website)

-An agent denied my right of freedom of information by telling me I can see other information but I can't tell you what it is.

-I gave them the call details and the name of an agent who:
-Doesn't know when the application was allocated.
-Doesn't know whether people should get a letter within 12 weeks if the application is complex or not.
-Doesn't know whether the naturalisation staff was deployed to other departments or not.
-Doesn't know whether the complaints team will respond.
-Doesn't know whether the allocations follow a chronological order or not
-Gave me a phone number claiming it's the direct number of the caseworkers and it turnedo ut it was the policing department within the home office which referred me to another phone number deactivated about 3 years ago.

-I asked for a breakdown of the costs of the application as I suspect the money we paid towards caseworkers to process our applications was used to fund the passports department. ( we didn't apply for passports did we?)

-I asked why they avoided answering questions on 2 occasions about deployment off staff on the freedom of information website whatdotheyknow.com

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:14 pm

I understand how frustrating it can be if I were to be in your shoes .. but I didnt feel this correct. just saying
waitingobserver wrote:I sent my complaint yesterday and I also sent a request to clarify the issues with the standard of service under the freedom of information act.

-It took my application 4 months to be allocated to a caseworker while other applications submitted after mine got approved in less than 2 months. (cherry picking applications?? Random allocation ?? a lottery machine is being used?? how lucky do I have to be to be chosen randomly? or are some profiles avoided ? ) obviously I didn't mention the lottery machine but I provided the full details of the applicants who applied after me and got approved before mine was even allocated.

-An agent told me that my application has been allocated to a caseworker and 2 weeks later another agent told me my applications hasn't been allocated. I provided both call times, duration and agents name. This goes against their customer service commitment of providing the correct information ( according to their website)

-An agent denied my right of freedom of information by telling me I can see other information but I can't tell you what it is.

-Doesn't know whether people should get a letter within 12 weeks if the application is complex or not.
-Doesn't know whether the naturalisation staff was deployed to other departments or not.
-Gave me a phone number claiming it's the direct number of the caseworkers and it turnedo ut it was the policing department within the home office which referred me to another phone number deactivated about 3 years ago.

-I asked for a breakdown of the costs of the application as I suspect the money we paid towards caseworkers to process our applications was used to fund the passports department. ( we didn't apply for passports did we?)

-I asked why they avoided answering questions on 2 occasions about deployment off staff on the freedom of information website whatdotheyknow.com

waitingobserver

Post by waitingobserver » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:03 pm

IndiMarshall wrote:I understand how frustrating it can be if I were to be in your shoes .. but I didnt feel this correct. just saying
waitingobserver wrote:I sent my complaint yesterday and I also sent a request to clarify the issues with the standard of service under the freedom of information act.

I didn't provide those details to condemn the fact that they were luckier than me or to complain about that. I provided their information as a supportive argument to justify my complaint because they might say I'm just throwing allegations at them.

It's not the applicants fault that the caseworker jumped the queue. It's the caseworker's fault. ( rest to prove if jumping the queue is actually permitted in their process)

The applicants are not going to be harrassed or have their citizenship revoked. It's an own goal scored by the Home office in their favour.

musto
Newly Registered

Post by musto » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:22 pm

Well done waitingobserver, We have paid a lot of money to just receive bit and peaces of information and none of it is correct I applaud you for doing this and their answer will provide us with some form of picture of whats going with our apps.

waitingobserver wrote:
IndiMarshall wrote:I understand how frustrating it can be if I were to be in your shoes .. but I didnt feel this correct. just saying

I didn't provide those details to condemn the fact that they were luckier than me or to complain about that. I provided their information as a supportive argument to justify my complaint because they might say I'm just throwing allegations at them.

It's not the applicants fault that the caseworker jumped the queue. It's the caseworker's fault. ( rest to prove if jumping the queue is actually permitted in their process)

The applicants are not going to be harrassed or have their citizenship revoked. It's an own goal scored by the Home office in their favour.