ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Would this letter from an A-rated sponsor work?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jason32
Member of Standing

Would this letter from an A-rated sponsor work?

Post by jason32 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:58 pm

Hi guys,

I've been struggling with getting a letter for maintenance for my family from my employer, after repeated discussions they agreed to give me the letter but I am not sure if its gonna work, can you please check this and tell me if its ok and if it needs any changes then what would they be?

They said its not their policy to give any letter for family but they have over £5000 in arears that they r paying me soon, they agreed to show that amount in the letter and try to make it like a maintenance one. So here is what they gave me:

"This is to certify that Dr.XXX, passport numberXXX, is employed as a doctor F2 in the department of surgery at XXXXXX XXXX XXX.

Dr.XXX employement commenced on 12 sept 1012 until the 17th of july 2015 and may be extended. I can confirm that the XXX health baord will if necessary maintain and accomodate Dr.XXX for the 1st month of employement. Dr.XXX annual salary is £50,000. I can also confirm that Dr. XXX is due to receive £XXXX additional back pay this month which should be enough to maintain and accomodate her family for the first month.

His family with the maintenance funds:

Name 1 passport number £630
Name 2 passport number £630
Name 3 passport number £630
Main applicant £945
Total: £2835

If you require any further information please dont hesitate to contact the department on 06547456744545

Do you think this letter would work for maintenance of my family? I am on tier 2 general and they'll be applying separately from me so I do need to show a maintenance letter from the employer.

Please help my family needs to apply asap.

jason32
Member of Standing

Re: Would this letter from an A-rated sponsor work?

Post by jason32 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:43 am

Anyone?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:22 am

Don't think the letter you have would be acceptable. The requirement (from the policy guidance) is:

the Tier 2 A-rated sponsor providing a written undertaking that, should it become necessary, it will maintain and accommodate the family member for a month. The undertaking may be limited provided the limit is at least £630 per family member.

If you already work for the sponsor in the UK there is no maintenance requirement for yourself, only for your dependants who are applying for entry clearance.

Can't you ask your sponsor to retain from the backpay the required amount until one month after your dependants' arrival in the UK in which case they may be prepared to provide the maintenance letter in the above format?

The alternative is to show £630 savings/dependant held for at least 3 months prior to their' applications.

sinaeed
Newly Registered

Post by sinaeed » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:06 pm

Hi Manci,

I have a same issue.

I have kept 1,575 for 3 months from 01 of July but My balance dropped to 1565 for two days at the end of july.
do you think I will have an issue If I apply for my dependent visa (Tier 2)?

I can't provide maintenance letter either as I have been employed since 2012. I am on Tier 2 general visa.
manci wrote: the Tier 2 A-rated sponsor providing a written undertaking that, should it become necessary, it will maintain and accommodate the family member for a month. The undertaking may be limited provided the limit is at least £630 per family member.

If you already work for the sponsor in the UK there is no maintenance requirement for yourself, only for your dependants who are applying for entry clearance.

Please suggest.

Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:39 pm

@ sinaeed
If you are in the UK on T2 leave and apply to extend your visa you will score 10 points for maintenance automatically. Your dependants applying for entry clearance need to have £630 each held for 3 months prior to the application.
Ask your sponsor to certify maintenance for your dependant(s), it doesn't cost them anything.

North Pole

Post by North Pole » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:41 pm

If you are adding your dependant in your extension application, you both don't need to show maintenance.

But if the dependant apply at a later date once after your approval of extension then £630 for each dependant

rockcbe
United Kingdom

Post by rockcbe » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:20 pm

Hi Manci,

Whilst doing a change of employer in country ...

Could you confirm ,if the defendants apply along with me they don't need to show maintenance ??

My balance fell way short during one of the months so can't show maintenance and my sponsor has still not confirmed if they
submitted with maintenance checked

1.) Do I need the Sponsor to have the COS assigned saying Maintenance supported for myself ? or I don't need to submit as
I am applying in country ?

2.) If he had forgotten to do that in COS can a letter issued for dependents be valid ??

The online form has these options..

They can provide evidence of the required funds
A-rated Sponsor certified maintenance for this dependant on my certificate of sponsorship
A-rated Sponsor certified maintenance for this dependant in a letter
The immigration status of the main applicant

If he did not check that in COS, Can I apply without any maintenance proof for myself and just letters for my dependent ??

app_val
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by app_val » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:27 pm

Hi Rockbe,

Whilst doing a change of employer in country ...

Could you confirm ,if the defendants apply along with me they don't need to show maintenance ?? Not required for dependants if you apply at the same time - in country - tier 2 general

My balance fell way short during one of the months so can't show maintenance and my sponsor has still not confirmed if they
submitted with maintenance checked --- no maintanence required for you also if you are switching employer in tier 2 general for incountry - if they yes or no in CoS maintanence letter its just no need to worry

1.) Do I need the Sponsor to have the COS assigned saying Maintenance supported for myself ? or I don't need to submit as
I am applying in country ?

2.) If he had forgotten to do that in COS can a letter issued for dependents be valid ??

The online form has these options..

They can provide evidence of the required funds
A-rated Sponsor certified maintenance for this dependant on my certificate of sponsorship
A-rated Sponsor certified maintenance for this dependant in a letter
The immigration status of the main applicant -- you should tick this meaning that you are a tier 2 migrant already and you have already sent proof of evidence for you and your dependants (no matter you showed you bank balance or A rated maintanence for you or dependants)

If he did not check that in COS, Can I apply without any maintenance proof for myself and just letters for my dependent ?? maintenance letter not required if you apply at the same time with your applicaiton- if you apply seperately then you must show the maintenance.

If you have more doubts better call ukvi and get clarified ....https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi/visas-and-settlement

rockcbe
United Kingdom

Post by rockcbe » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:37 pm

Thanks a lot mate.. That really helps...

sinaeed
Newly Registered

Post by sinaeed » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:56 pm

Thanks alot Manci

But I just spoke to UKBA they said, either my self or my depend needs to have £1575 in the account for 90 days and Employer letter will not be acceptable for maintenance as I have been in UK for over 5 years. :shock:

One more question mate.

do I need an accommodation confirmation? I have been living as a tenant for 4 years but do not have a contract. could you please suggest an alternative?

Thanks alot guys.

"If you are in the UK on T2 leave and apply to extend your visa you will score 10 points for maintenance automatically. Your dependants applying for entry clearance need to have £630 each held for 3 months prior to the application.
Ask your sponsor to certify maintenance for your dependant(s), it doesn't cost them anything."