ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Universal soldier
BANNED

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Universal soldier » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:07 pm

K4 wrote: I applied for 10 years long residency on 1st of sep2014 and I received confirmation letter on 7thsep then on 22ndsep I received email confirming my payment and case Id but its over a month now and I still have not received my bio metrics.
Does it take that long to receive the biometircs letter?

We have had the same situation. It is worsen than our Pakistani dak khana.

I can second with you guys it's either royal mail or HO internal mail system working like snails ha ha our dak khana has improved in the last couple years so I heard I think its been privatized
Nope. The problem actually lies at HO mail dispatch department who are different unit than others. Even Royal mail give shit service and I personally not much fan of Royal mail but they still better than Dak khana. If someone want to try then try to send something other than normal paper via ordinary delivery then see results that whether the intended beneficiary get it or not from dak khana.

junaid1621
Newly Registered

Post by junaid1621 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:38 pm

Hello applied for ILR 10 year
Posted application on 18 September 2014
Checked on royal mail web site they received it
got the acknowledgement letter
but today 7 October 2014 no payment has been taken , just bit worried is something wrong with payment or it is just normal
:( :( :( :(
Checked from my credit card issuer and they said no attempt has been made ??? It's 20 days now ??

moonwalk30

Post by moonwalk30 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:13 pm

junaid1621 wrote:Hello applied for ILR 10 year
Posted application on 18 September 2014
Checked on royal mail web site they received it
got the acknowledgement letter
but today 7 October 2014 no payment has been taken , just bit worried is something wrong with payment or it is just normal
:( :( :( :(
Checked from my credit card issuer and they said no attempt has been made ??? It's 20 days now ??
Call HO to check if there is any issue with payment?

I wouldn't necessarily tell the adviser over the phone that I have received acknowledgement letter to start the conversation ;)

I had wrong address printed on my acknowledgement letter but luckily it was only house no (D not C) so, I still received it at the end. Had I not used Baker's draft as method of payment, my application would have likely been sent back to me with generic letter that HO was unable to collect the payment which would have HO's fault as they failed to record my correct address details in their database.

AKU
Newly Registered

Post by AKU » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:27 pm

Hi Arsal385
the number is 03001232241
If it is a degree in the UK it is acceptable.

Could you pls let me know the HO contact number for which you asked your partner's UK NARIC query. I need to contact HO and clarify about my Mrs English language requirement as well.[/quote]

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:13 pm

AKU wrote:Hi Arsal385
the number is 03001232241
If it is a degree in the UK it is acceptable.

Could you pls let me know the HO contact number for which you asked your partner's UK NARIC query. I need to contact HO and clarify about my Mrs English language requirement as well.
[/quote]

Thanks mate. My wife degree is from Pakistan and she did BDS Bachelor of Dental Surgery from University of Karachi. She has also got letter from university regarding her medium of instruction.

gulll

Post by gulll » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:47 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
Arsal385 wrote:
I know its quite frustrating. I would suggest you to focus on other things in the meantime. Otherwise if you keep thinking about it, it will hassle you further.
Hi gulll,
I fully agree with Arsal385, this is your time to stay focused and don't get frustrated. You should be frustrated if people around you have already received their ILR's and you didn't, but that is not the case, Home Office haven't even started July applicants so what is the frustration about. Make your self a nice cup of tea, with some nice biscuits and Arsal385 suggested channel your energies some where else, other wise this ILR wait is a self destroying kind of an effect on person, and is not at all easy, I could relate to you because when I got my ILR all around me got theirs already a week or so before me, and I had a straight forward case and still sitting waiting, and it could be really frustrating, as me how I spend those days. But in your case, you should pray that you case stick to the normal time line and you manage to get your ILR in the next 2-3 weeks time.
Our best wishes and prayers with you.
Kind regards
Shahjee
[/quote]

Thanks alot shajee bhai for your kind words and valuable comments. I fully agree with you its self destroying business thinking of it but as you know am stuck in this visa business for an year, now at times it gets over my nerves, i try not to think about it but at times helpless feeling frustrated.

shez1330

Post by shez1330 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:56 pm

Hi Guys

Good news finally. We have received our ILR 6/10/14 & delivery card for Biometric card.

I wanted to say thank you to all members who has helped us and gave support and advice.

Good luck to all.

Thanks again.
Shez

Volunteer04
Newly Registered

Post by Volunteer04 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:03 pm

shez1330 wrote:Hi Guys

Good news finally. We have received our ILR 6/10/14 & delivery card for Biometric card.

I wanted to say thank you to all members who has helped us and gave support and advice.

Good luck to all.

Thanks again.
Congrats enjoy your freedom

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

set (lr) application acknowledgement

Post by shahfurqan » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:11 pm

Hello guyz,

made set(lr) application as on 29-09-14(Monday)
application been received on 30-09-14(Tuesday)

still waiting for acknowledgement letter in support of my application.Is it normal time for an acknowledgement to be received from home office??

thanks

Ramos

Post by Ramos » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:52 pm

Hi Shahjee

kindly response to my query. Will be thankful

I applied for Entrepeneure Visa last April 2013
till september 2014 i havent recieved no reply except calling them n they said it is still in process. My ten years will be completed in january. I have varied my application on 10 September 2014 from entrepeneure application to IlR early four months ago. Got aknowledgement on 18 September. Money has been taken out as well.
I had differences with partner so thats why i varied my application. In Decmeber 28 days rule will apply. All i want to know what do you guys think regarding my application and is there any chance my time will be completed before my ilr application is decided. Will the decision be on date of decision or date of application.
Will i get appeal right if rejected for early apply?

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:21 pm

Ramos wrote:Hi Shahjee

till september 2014 i havent recieved no reply except calling them n they said it is still in process. My ten years will be completed in january. I have varied my application on 10 September 2014 from entrepeneure application to IlR early four months ago. Got aknowledgement on 18 September. Money has been taken out as well.
I had differences with partner so thats why i varied my application. In Decmeber 28 days rule will apply. All i want to know what do you guys think regarding my application and is there any chance my time will be completed before my ilr application is decided. Will the decision be on date of decision or date of application.
Our Highly esteemed Shahjee already explained previously that if your previous application or appeal is pending. It is better to vary your application once you complete your full 10 years time rather than applying 28 days early. It is ok to apply 28 days early if you have a valid leave to remain beyond your 10 yrs time but if application or appeal is pending then always wait to complete 10 years as there is risk of HO to reject your case due to early application of SET LR.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Re: set (lr) application acknowledgement

Post by Arsal385 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:24 pm

shahfurqan wrote:Hello guyz,

still waiting for acknowledgement letter in support of my application.Is it normal time for an acknowledgement to be received from home office??

thanks
You will get your acknowledgement towards the end of this week or either by email next week. Make sure payment has been taken from your bank account.

shasus7

Post by shasus7 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:19 pm

Dear members, I'm filling out application form FLR(M) for my wife. Just got a question regarding section 13: Consent for Home Office to request verification checks. Any advice will be greatly appreciated:)

Q: We don't have any bank or utility accounts in joint names. Only joint named documents we are submitting are: council tax bills, tenancy agreements and utility bills paid to the Agency not with utility company as proof of cohabitation. So the question is - do I, as the sponsor, have to sign the second and third declarations of section 13? (btw we are combining both out incomes to meet financial requirements)

Also I applied for SET(LR) in September and requesting HO to put her application on hold until my SET(LR) is decided therefore writing a covering letter about it.

Q: What to do with question 3.15 and 3.16? My understanding at the moment is leave 3.15 blank and 3.16 not sure (either write '10 Years Long Residence' or leave it blank?)!

Please lovely people, help is much appreciated:) Please do remember us in your prayers. Thanks.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Re: set (lr) application acknowledgement

Post by shahfurqan » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:35 pm

Arsal385 wrote:
shahfurqan wrote:Hello guyz,

thanks
You will get your acknowledgement towards the end of this week or either by email next week. Make sure payment has been taken from your bank account.
thanks very much for reply,
i have sent postal orders and i am positive there should not be any payment problem with this method of payment.

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:59 pm

Ramos wrote:Hi Shahjee

Hi Ramos ,

May i know why did you apply SET(LR) on 10th september 2014 ?

You said you had differences with your partner so u mean you were doing enterprenuer in partnership ? am i right ?
but still why did you apply SET (LR) on 10th September 2014 as you were completed your 10 years in January 2015 ?

Did you withdraw your enterpernuer application before you applied set(lr) ...hope you have followed the correct procedure to vary the application ...

i think here you did a very big mistake brother , you should had to wait untill your decision of enterprenuer in your hand no matter your partnership would be broken or not ..you must be given right to appeal and by the time your appeal will be heard you will be in the end of your 10th anniversary in this country ....

you could vary your application to student visa if you had any doubt of enterprenuer partnership but set(lr) at that early was not good idea or effective idea :roll:

I am afraid don't want to disappoint you but obviously your application will be refused because you didn't completed your 10 years yet by september 2014 and sorry to say brother whoever has given you this advice is really wants to kick you out from this country , at the end of your 10 years you have messed up your case .....

Now according to the HO rules of long residence continuity your this application which you made on 10th september will still count as continuity but brother don't think that HO are dumb and never understand your this trick that why did you apply SET(LR) before the 10th anniversary ? logically your stay would be regularised but technically your 10 years long resdience continuity is in danger because when you will be eligible for your set(lr) by january 2015 and you will be applying for set(lr) application by january 2015 the decision of this application may also refused because they CAN make issue of your{ 10th sep 2014 till january 2015 } this period as GAP as you lodged SET(LR) app as further leave to remain for which you were not eligible ....kindly see any good professional lawyer and solicitor regarding this issue ...May be i am not right here or shahjee or any other member can also help you out on it ...

Regards ,
S.Akaram

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Post by Kindsoul » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:10 am

shahjee1234 wrote:
bharatsharma wrote:Hi SHAHJEE & all valued member
I m bit confuse about sending my wife's FLR(M) sending by post or applying in person when I reveive my. ILR(LR)
Bcz I have dont have photocopies of blank pages ( as I have mentioned in the previous post). However there is option of sending alternative documents under one 8 to compensate it but I am not confident as it might delay the outcome of FLR(M) application. Can anyone suggest how to best mentioned in the covering letter.

ALSO :
Which will be quickest to send the application NOW by post?

OR
Applying in person when I reveive ILR?

Does anyone has experienced this or suggest what is the best option.

Looking for all related members suggestion specially SHAHJEE( Helped me a lot and others here). Many thanks
Hi Bharat Bahi,
If you don't have all the pages of the your passport than its not such a big problem, just mention it in covering letter for your Mrs that as the main sponsors (Your) application for ILR is till pending, hence photocopy of all the pages are not available, and will be provided as soon as the main Sponsor gets his ILR and receive his documents back.
Regards to which bis the quickest way, well that depends on your luck. Obviously PEO is more money and at least you know that you will be sorted on that day, regards to sending it through post, that will save you money and might take some time after you receive your ILR as the Home Office will correlate both the cases and once your case is decided they will decide on your Mrs case immediately.
I was in the exact same situation back in April 2014, as there were the new changes coming into effect on the 6th of April, and I had to rush my Mrs and daughters FLR(M) applications, and my ILR case was already with the Home Office, so I wrote them a covering letter from my Mrs side that she can't provide the copies of all the pages of the passport for the reason that the main Sponsor application is still pending and will provide the rest of the photocopies as and when I get my ILR. And she didn't had any issues, I receive my ILR on the 12th of June and she received her FLR(M) on the 16th of June, just 4 days after my ILR. So make your mind up, choice is yours , do you want to spend £300-£400 more on the PEO or do you want to send it now and ask them to hold her application and save some money. What ever you do, my prayers and best wishes be with you all the way.
Kind regards
Shahjee

HI SHAJEE ,
Thanks very much for your kind reply. As you suggested to mentioned this in covering letter about not being able to send black pages of the passport as Its with HO.
do you think sending the other alternative documents mentioned in note 8 is a good idea?
ALSO
3.15 If your sponsor was not British from birth, when did your sponsor obtain settlement?
How did you answer this or if mentioned in the covering letter then which manners (eg, ILR decision pending)

3.16 On what basis did your sponsor obtain settlement in the UK?
How to answer this in covering letter.

Can I request you to SHARE the sample of covering letter you sent if possible ( PM me Plz ). This would provide me an idea of creating one to answer all those questions.
Many thanks

Kind Regards
Bharat

K4

Post by K4 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:40 am

shez1330 wrote:Hi Guys

Good luck to all.

Thanks again.
congrats shez after such a long wait its finally over enjoy your freedom and plz pray for us waiting

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:30 am

bharatsharma wrote:
shahjee1234 wrote:
bharatsharma wrote:Hi SHAHJEE & all valued member
I m bit confuse about sending my wife's FLR(M) sending by post or applying in person when I reveive my. ILR(LR)
Bcz I have dont have photocopies of blank pages ( as I have mentioned in the previous post). However there is option of sending alternative documents under one 8 to compensate it but I am not confident as it might delay the outcome of FLR(M) application. Can anyone suggest how to best mentioned in the covering letter.

ALSO :
Which will be quickest to send the application NOW by post?

OR
Applying in person when I reveive ILR?

Does anyone has experienced this or suggest what is the best option.

Looking for all related members suggestion specially SHAHJEE( Helped me a lot and others here). Many thanks
Hi Bharat Bahi,
If you don't have all the pages of the your passport than its not such a big problem, just mention it in covering letter for your Mrs that as the main sponsors (Your) application for ILR is till pending, hence photocopy of all the pages are not available, and will be provided as soon as the main Sponsor gets his ILR and receive his documents back.
Regards to which bis the quickest way, well that depends on your luck. Obviously PEO is more money and at least you know that you will be sorted on that day, regards to sending it through post, that will save you money and might take some time after you receive your ILR as the Home Office will correlate both the cases and once your case is decided they will decide on your Mrs case immediately.
I was in the exact same situation back in April 2014, as there were the new changes coming into effect on the 6th of April, and I had to rush my Mrs and daughters FLR(M) applications, and my ILR case was already with the Home Office, so I wrote them a covering letter from my Mrs side that she can't provide the copies of all the pages of the passport for the reason that the main Sponsor application is still pending and will provide the rest of the photocopies as and when I get my ILR. And she didn't had any issues, I receive my ILR on the 12th of June and she received her FLR(M) on the 16th of June, just 4 days after my ILR. So make your mind up, choice is yours , do you want to spend £300-£400 more on the PEO or do you want to send it now and ask them to hold her application and save some money. What ever you do, my prayers and best wishes be with you all the way.
Kind regards
Shahjee

HI SHAJEE ,
Thanks very much for your kind reply. As you suggested to mentioned this in covering letter about not being able to send black pages of the passport as Its with HO.
do you think sending the other alternative documents mentioned in note 8 is a good idea?
It is entirely up to you but pls do mention in your covering letter that HO hold you passport as your case in under consideration.
ALSO
3.15 If your sponsor was not British from birth, when did your sponsor obtain settlement?
How did you answer this or if mentioned in the covering letter then which manners (eg, ILR decision pending)
This doesn't apply on you as technically your wife hasn't got settlement yet. You can say that FLR (M) application being raised.
You partner is your dependant. Your SET LR application already with HO for consideration and your partner application for SET LR is attached herewith.
Can I request you to SHARE the sample of covering letter you sent if possible ( PM me Plz ). This would provide me an idea of creating one to answer all those questions.
Shahjee it would be good if you could send me that covering letter as well, removing all the personal detail. We are just after the structure of the letter.
Many thanks

Kind Regards
Bharat

Ramos

Post by Ramos » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:29 pm

Hi S Akaram

Reason was about the third party bank statement and few others. I did ask few lawyers as well they said the time i spent after varying my application to ilr will also count in ten years. Most of them said they will look at the date of decision n two of them said they might look into the date of application.
Because many people share their experiences here and few gurus are always here to reply n help thats why i asked them respond to my questions
Will i get appeal chance if i am rejected for early application?
Will that time for appeal will cover ten years ?
Will they make decision on day of decision or day of application ?

Regards.
Ramos

zeksy1

Post by zeksy1 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:43 pm

jignesh455 wrote:congrats @wandali & @zeksy1!!
Thx alot bro.
I dedicate my ilr to all the members silent or active!!!
Anyway belated happy eid ul adha mubarak to everyone & may Allah give sabar and solve everyones pending app.
Last but not the least May Allah help ukba to be more informative and punctual about individual cases.
Thx
Zeksy1

Ramos

Post by Ramos » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:17 pm

I didnt withdraw my application. I varied it because there wasnt any decision yet made on my previous entrepeneure application. Withdrawing wasnt useful for ten years thats why i varied it. Plus i was told i dont need to do biometric and also my fees will be refunded of previous application and also my lawyer did advise me to pay on ilr application. Fees has been taken out now waiting for the previous visa fees.

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:08 pm

Ramos wrote:I didnt withdraw my application. I varied it because there wasnt any decision yet made on my previous entrepeneure application. Withdrawing wasnt useful for ten years thats why i varied it. Plus i was told i dont need to do biometric and also my fees will be refunded of previous application and also my lawyer did advise me to pay on ilr application. Fees has been taken out now waiting for the previous visa fees.
Hi Ramos,
Image just logged on to see all the discussion about your case. Can you please give me clear answers to the following questions
1. When did you arrived in this country ? Or when is your 10 years anniversary?
2. What date did you varied from entrepreneur to SET(LR) ?
Once I get the clear dates than I will be able to get a clear answer, sorry don't mind but your initial post is a bit mixed up. Many thanks
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:58 pm

Ramos wrote:I didnt withdraw my application. I varied it because there wasnt any decision yet made on my previous entrepeneure application. Withdrawing wasnt useful for ten years thats why i varied it. Plus i was told i dont need to do biometric and also my fees will be refunded of previous application and also my lawyer did advise me to pay on ilr application. Fees has been taken out now waiting for the previous visa fees.

Dear Ramos ,

Your case will be very help ful to all other members of this forum so please keep asking question and if you will not get any useful answer still , please keep updating your case and i personally taking interest in your case to learn some thing from it because there are many cases in this forum who are short of few months or days to their 10th anniversary but i never heard any case like yours that they applied almost 4 months before they are eligible to apply for SET(LR) . ..if your lawyer advised you this then obviously there must be some reason which we can not understand and i will personally refer the cases to your lawyer the case like yours if your case will be successful .

Secondly answer to your question :- ( May be differ from your lawyer or any other member )

Will i get appeal chance if i am rejected for early application?

Your application will definetly be refused ( because of early application ) with right to appeal because you had no visa prior to your case

Will that time for appeal will cover ten years ?

Obviously every time you have a right to appeal and if you excercise that right in time then till the out come the appeal your time will cover 10 years ..

Will they make decision on day of decision or day of application ?

wat time you want to count here and for wat ?

i can tell you here that your application which you lodge on 10th Sept 2014 will obviously refused with right to appeal
by the time you will reach to your 10 years anniversary probably you will have the decision in your hand or probably may take longer then jan 2015 .
In the end you have to re submit the SET(LR) application by the end of jan 2015 ( where your 10 years anniversary is completed ).

By any chance if you will grant an indefinite leave to remain on the basis of 10th sep 2014 on appeal or before appeal that will be another revoultionary step towards the ILR terms and condition which is simply impossible ...

By any chance if you will grant an indefinite leave to remain on the basis of the application which you should have to submit at your 10th anniverssary then please update this forum with the good news and give us the lawyer address we can refer so many of our members to him and really will be help lot of people who are waiting for their 10th year anniversary and short of few months visa .....[ hope you will not mind it and i am not joking i am serious IF its happen your case will solve so many members ( silent / registered ) problems ]

Looking forward to your reply ,
best of luck
Regards ,
S.Akaram

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:46 pm

bharatsharma wrote:
HI SHAJEE ,
ALSO

Many thanks

Kind Regards
Bharat
Hi Bharat Bahi,
You can attach as many supporting documents as you like, the more documents the better.
Regards to your questions I will answer them one by one

I answered main sponsor application for ILR is still pending, reference to the covering letter.
I answered this 10 years long residency ILR
I will forward your and Brother Arsal385 the specimen of the covering letter through PM.
All the best with all your applications.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

moonwalk30

Post by moonwalk30 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:21 pm

Shahkakaram wrote:

By any chance if you will grant an indefinite leave to remain on the basis of the application which you should have to submit at your 10th anniverssary then please update this forum with the good news and give us the lawyer address we can refer so many of our members to him and really will be help lot of people who are waiting for their 10th year anniversary and short of few months visa .....[ hope you will not mind it and i am not joking i am serious IF its happen your case will solve so many members ( silent / registered ) problems ]
As per HO's guidance notes of Set(LR) Sec.4, Applicants should apply no earlier than 28 days from the qualifying date of ILR, any application submitted earlier than that may be refused.

Majority of people would take any drastic action is desperate situations and you have done exactly the same!

In my opinion, as most members have already suggested, application that you submitted on 10th of Sep is likely to be refused as per HO guideline. However, HO guidance notes are mere HO policy, not Law that cannot be varied and it will all depend on the case worker who is/will deal with your case if he/she is going to consider your qualifying period until 10 of Sep 2014 or until the day he/she is actually processing it.

You will get a right to appeal if your application gets refused, no question about it and if you submitt appeal within given time period then all of that time will count towards your continues,unbroken,legal residence in The UK(Sec 3C,D).

Next step, an appeal against refusal if that is the case, appeal withdrawal and submission of fresh application.

I do not believe that HO can simply refuse your current application and then decline to count that period towards qualifying period for LR ILR because you submitted your application more that 28 days before qualifying time, Sec 3C,D have legal protection and HO must follow them. And if for any reason HO doesn't then you will always get another right to appeal for second application which you can take to immigration court. Court will follow law, not HO's directions.

I am not contradicting anyone here and what I have said above is my own opinion after doing some research.

Good Luck!
Last edited by moonwalk30 on Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:51 pm, edited 6 times in total.