ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shareandcare80
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by shareandcare80 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:40 pm

My application is under process but I have few questions
a) I varied my application of tier4 on the basis of 10 years long residency but the college i was attending its licence got revoked as my lawer suggested me that I should still be attending thats why I was going to college even when I received acknowledgment letter and my case id so my question is
do i need to inform home office? if not is there anything Im suppose to do?

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:53 pm

@moonwalk ,

very well replied ,
i agree with you some extent trust me your this view will be highly appreciated and very uselfull to so many guys here in same situation ... although it may take bit longer but in the end will definetly win the case or not purely depends upon the Personal circumstances as well if presented well

On the other hand these sort of cases can rises so many other question ... Those who are short of one year or less or more to their 10 years and they keep applying early set(LR) app then keep following the way we mentioned above then what the use of 10 years long residency ???
A clear loop hole for every one to take advantage of this ...

keep replying with your views ,
Regards ,
S.Akaram
Last edited by Shahkakaram on Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:04 pm

shareandcare80 wrote:My application is under process but I have few questions
a) I varied my application of tier4 on the basis of 10 years long residency but the college i was attending its licence got revoked as my lawer suggested me that I should still be attending thats why I was going to college even when I received acknowledgment letter and my case id so my question is
do i need to inform home office? if not is there anything Im suppose to do?

Hello welcome to this forum ,

Another interesting case , Thanks for sharing ..

Can you also tell us about these dates ?if you feel free to reply

When did u arrive in this country ?

When did you vary your application from tier 4 to SET(LR) ?

as you said that you already varied your application and you recieved your Acknowledgment letter for SET(LR) , then obviously you don't need to attend the college ( as you also said that your college lisence has been revoked ) so you are completely free from college , however with a honest advice and to keep every thing on safe side or your well wisher will still suggesting you to attend college but if your college lisence is already revoked ( not suspended ) then your college should be shut down and all student must have to find another college / uni with in 60 days of time( normally home office write a letter to every student of that college ) so whats the point to attend the college ??.....

Still its up to you but not attending the college after completing your 10 years should not be issue or any threat to your ILR decision ....

Hope its help
S.Akaram

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Re: set (lr) application acknowledgement

Post by shahfurqan » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:06 pm

shahfurqan wrote:
Arsal385 wrote:
shahfurqan wrote:Hello guyz,

made set(lr) application as on 29-09-14(Monday)
application been received on 30-09-14(Tuesday)

still waiting for acknowledgement letter in support of my application.Is it normal time for an acknowledgement to be received from home office??

thanks
You will get your acknowledgement towards the end of this week or either by email next week. Make sure payment has been taken from your bank account.
thanks very much for reply,
i have sent postal orders and i am positive there should not be any payment problem with this method of payment.
yes Received acknowledgement today dated 01-10-14

shasus7

Post by shasus7 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:14 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
bharatsharma wrote:
HI SHAJEE ,
Thanks very much for your kind reply. As you suggested to mentioned this in covering letter about not being able to send black pages of the passport as Its with HO.
do you think sending the other alternative documents mentioned in note 8 is a good idea?
ALSO
3.15 If your sponsor was not British from birth, when did your sponsor obtain settlement?
How did you answer this or if mentioned in the covering letter then which manners (eg, ILR decision pending)

3.16 On what basis did your sponsor obtain settlement in the UK?
How to answer this in covering letter.

Can I request you to SHARE the sample of covering letter you sent if possible ( PM me Plz ). This would provide me an idea of creating one to answer all those questions.
Many thanks

Kind Regards
Bharat
Hi Bharat Bahi,
You can attach as many supporting documents as you like, the more documents the better.
Regards to your questions I will answer them one by one

3.15 If your sponsor was not British from birth, when did your sponsor obtain settlement?
How did you answer this or if mentioned in the covering letter then which manners (eg, ILR decision pending)
I answered main sponsor application for ILR is still pending, reference to the covering letter.
3.16 On what basis did your sponsor obtain settlement in the UK?
How to answer this in covering letter.
I answered this 10 years long residency ILR
I will forward your and Brother Arsal385 the specimen of the covering letter through PM.
All the best with all your applications.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Hi Shahjee, thanks for your kind response, it helps me as well. For 3.15 you mentioned that you answered 'main sponsor application for ILR is pending', did you write this next to the question in the application form or just wrote it in the reference letter? I also need clarification about section 13 which I mentioned in an earlier post I'll really appreciate if you can shed some light on this please.

'Just got a question regarding section 13: Consent for Home Office to request verification checks. Any advice will be greatly appreciated:)

Q: We don't have any bank or utility accounts in joint names. Only joint named documents we are submitting are: council tax bills, tenancy agreements and utility bills paid to the Agency not with utility company as proof of cohabitation. So the question is - do I, as the sponsor, have to sign the second and third declarations of section 13? (btw we are combining both out incomes to meet financial requirements)'. Thanks for your time Shahjee and all other valuable members.

shareandcare80
Newly Registered

Post by shareandcare80 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:59 pm

Hello welcome to this forum ,

as you said that you already varied your application and you recieved your Acknowledgment letter for SET(LR) , then obviously you don't need to attend the college ( as you also said that your college lisence has been revoked ) so you are completely free from college , however with a honest advice and to keep every thing on safe side or your well wisher will still suggesting you to attend college but if your college lisence is already revoked ( not suspended ) then your college should be shut down and all student must have to find another college / uni with in 60 days of time( normally home office write a letter to every student of that college ) so whats the point to attend the college ??.....

Still its up to you but not attending the college after completing your 10 years should not be issue or any threat to your ILR decision ....

Hope its help
S.Akaram

Thanks alot for your kind advice I submited on 1st of September my application and I'm still waiting for the biometrics but just week or so back my college's license got shut down. So do you think HO will be writing to me as well as like rest of student though I dnt have any application with them of tier4 just the Ilr under 10 years.

ajek01

Post by ajek01 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:29 pm

Could somebody please update the following onto the google drive. Thanks

Ack letter received: 22/09/2014
Biometrics invitation received: 03/10/2014
Biometrics enrolled: 04/10/2014

Thanks

moonwalk30

Post by moonwalk30 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:11 pm

Shahkakaram wrote:@moonwalk ,

On the other hand these sort of cases can rises so many other question ... Those who are short of one year or less or more to their 10 years and they keep applying early set(LR) app then keep following the way we mentioned above then what the use of 10 years long residency ???
A clear loop hole for every one to take advantage of this ...

keep replying with your views ,
Regards ,
S.Akaram
Yes, it is a loophole which is being exploited by many at the moment.

10 year long residency ILR has only one condition which is applicant being resident of The UK for Min 10 years, residency must be legal and unbroken without any unspent conviction anywhere in the world.

There is no such condition of having a certain type of visa for any certain period of time to qualify for long residency ILR, one can have several types of visas + period(s) under Sec 3C/D during the 10 year tenure and would still qualify for ILR after completing 10 years residence.

Several people have applied for FLR's even though they knew that application will be refused but to buy some time for themselves to complete their 10Y residence and then varied their applications to LR ILR after completing 10 years residency.

HO cannot disregard period(s) covered by Sec 3C/D if application has been made in time/ correct procedure has be followed.

Having said that, if HO returns the application as an invalid if one submits it for more than 28 days before completing 10Y residence then Sec 3C/D will not get triggered and that would result applicant being over stayer if his/her visa has already run out by the time application gets delivered back to the applicant.

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:46 pm

Any SET (LR) approval yet\?
jignesh

zeksy1

Post by zeksy1 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:24 pm

Hi all.
Pardon me if i m not posting in the right section.
In the past i was applying for my wife in pakistan under tier1 dependent but we never filed it because of some family issues.
Now
An update on my position is that i recently got ilr :)
For my wife in pakistan what application and
papers do i need to produce .
I m working as selfemployed driver. Any help is really appeciated.
Regards

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:58 pm

moonwalk30 wrote:[

There is no such condition of having a certain type of visa for any certain period of time to qualify for long residency ILR, one can have several types of visas + period(s) under Sec 3C/D during the 10 year tenure and would still qualify for ILR after completing 10 years residence.

Several people have applied for FLR's even though they knew that application will be refused but to buy some time for themselves to complete their 10Y residence and then varied their applications to LR ILR after completing
10 years residency.

HO cannot disregard period(s) covered by Sec 3C/D if application has been made in time/ correct procedure has be followed.

Having said that, if HO returns the application as an invalid if one submits it for more than 28 days before completing 10Y residence then Sec 3C/D will not get triggered and that would result applicant being over stayer if his/her visa has already run out by the time application gets delivered back to the applicant.

Hi ,

It's still very risky to apply set(LR) before the qualifying time ... What if the application return as invalid and then all your 10 years meesed up by just this silly mistake ..

If you applying flr on any other category still it's understandable that you want to regularise your stay till the 10th anniversary that's still recommend but I am afraid I can not advised any one to apply for set(LR) before 28 days at least ... It's clearly a very huge risk and actually playing gambling with your 10 years efforts ... Still there are many other ways to reach to your 10th anniversary but I don't think so any one should take that risk ...

Well wish him all the best
Regards ,
S.akaram

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:21 am

@ zeksy1 as far as I know you have to fulfil requirement of £18600 as well as you have to maintain atleast £1600 or more in your current account. From your side you have to ready 6 months of bank statements, tenancy agreements, marriage photographs, communication proof etc... But you better ask senior experienced members who has in depth knowledge and help you out. But this is my little knowledge which I shared you for dependent to join you outside the UK !!!!
Hope it will help and update your case and good luck to you !!!
jignesh

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:09 am

shareandcare80 wrote:Hello welcome to this forum ,

Hope its help
S.Akaram

Thanks alot for your kind advice I submited on 1st of September my application and I'm still waiting for the biometrics but just week or so back my college's license got shut down. So do you think HO will be writing to me as well as like rest of student though I dnt have any application with them of tier4 just the Ilr under 10 years.
Dear ,

I don't think so home office should write to you and if they simply reply them back with the reference of your ILR reference number telling them that you have already varied your application in this regard .. That's it ...

Make sure you reply them if they wrote you ... Just Incase if there system is not updated .. To avoid any delay or disappointment better reply them confidently ...

Best of luck
Keep updating us ,
Regards
S.akaram

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:11 am

shareandcare80 wrote:

Dear ,

I don't think so home office should write to you and if they simply reply them back with the reference of your ILR reference number telling them that you have already varied your application in this regard .. That's it ...

Make sure you reply them if they write you ... Just Incase if there system is not updated .. To avoid any delay or disappointment better reply them confidently ...

Best of luck
Keep updating us ,
Regards
S.akaram

moonwalk30

Post by moonwalk30 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:13 am

Shahkakaram wrote:
moonwalk30 wrote:[

Hi ,

If you applying flr on any other category still it's understandable that you want to regularise your stay till the 10th anniversary that's still recommend but I am afraid I can not advised any one to apply for set(LR) before 28 days at least ... It's clearly a very huge risk and actually playing gambling with your 10 years efforts ... Still there are many other ways to reach to your 10th anniversary but I don't think so any one should take that risk ...

Well wish him all the best
Regards ,
S.akaram
Of course it's risky and clearly against the spirits of immigration policies, no one should try to cut corners which are against HO policies.

I am not advising or encouraging anyone to exploit any loophole in immigration policy but merely wrote the actions that some applicants have practiced previously which I noticed on this forum.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:29 am

jignesh455 wrote:Any SET (LR) approval yet\?
I know... same question in my mind! :?:

moonwalk30

Post by moonwalk30 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:44 am

Has anyone received Bio invitation after submitting their application on/after 17/10/14?

Acknowledgement letter that I received had sender's address from Liverpool, shouldn't that be Durham's where application was posted originally for fee processing?

Thanks

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:28 am

Shahkakaram wrote:Another interesting case , Thanks for sharing ..
Touché to that would be interesting to find out how HO deal with this case

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:36 am

moonwalk30 wrote:Has anyone received Bio invitation after submitting their application on/after 17/10/14?

Acknowledgement letter that I received had sender's address from Liverpool, shouldn't that be Durham's where application was posted originally for fee processing?

Thanks
17/10/14 date hasn't arrived yet. You probably talking about 17th Sept. See the googledrive. There are some people who have got bio invite after submitting their applications on after 17th Sept.
HO has different departments at various locations dealing with the different aspect of the application like payment, biometric, queries etc. So it is not necessary that you receive HO bio invite from the same office where you posted your application initially.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:48 am

zeksy1 wrote:Hi all.
In the past i was applying for my wife in pakistan under tier1 dependent but we never filed it because of some family issues.
Now
Regards
It is easy to sponsor your spouse when you were on Tier 1 General. Sponsoring someone as dependant on settled visa like ILR is very daunting due to HO strict requirements.You will need to collect a lot of evidence including your last 6-12 months bank statements, employer letter,6-12 months original payslips. Proof of cohabitation/ subsistence of relationship. Marriage certificate in English, accommodation proof, maintenance proof, Evidence of English language etc. You better look into the relevant forum of this website as this website is dedicated for Long residency SET (LR) applications.

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:36 am

Can anyone post the Google drive link for sET (LR) applicant please ???
jignesh

mamun_tair
Newly Registered

Post by mamun_tair » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:42 am

jignesh455 wrote:Can anyone post the Google drive link for sET (LR) applicant please ???

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:51 am

Thanks !!!
jignesh

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:51 am

mamun_tair wrote:
jignesh455 wrote:Can anyone post the Google drive link for sET (LR) applicant please ???
[/

Hi guys Please update Google Drive sensibly and exact dates ...and Please update it even after you receive your ILR that would be great help to Others as everyone is helping each other .... Thanks to all in advance

Quick question to Magnet who updated that he received acknowledgement and Biometric Invitation on same day can you please confirm that these were correct dates ..... Hope of others will increase for good and HO is working at faster pace ;-)
Last edited by maddysheffield on Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zeksy1

Post by zeksy1 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:00 pm

Arsal385 wrote:
zeksy1 wrote:Hi all.
Now
Regards
It is easy to sponsor your spouse when you were on Tier 1 General. Sponsoring someone as dependant on settled visa like ILR is very daunting due to HO strict requirements.You will need to collect a lot of evidence including your last 6-12 months bank statements, employer letter,6-12 months original payslips. Proof of cohabitation/ subsistence of relationship. Marriage certificate in English, accommodation proof, maintenance proof, Evidence of English language etc. You better look into the relevant forum of this website as this website is dedicated for Long residency SET (LR) applications.
Thanks gnesh and arsal385 for your suggestions.
I have gathered list of the following documents.
I have over £3000 in my bank acoount for the last three months.
I have piks of our marriage.
I have been sending her monies and i have got all the reciepts.
I have translated my nikah document in english from Nadra pakistan.
She had applied for a1 test hopefully she should pass it.
I have chat/call logs of the tym since we got married.
As i am self employed i dont know what do i need to show?
Secondly which application form do i need to use ?
Thanks