ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - SET (O) Appointments

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jan2jack
Newly Registered

ILR - SET (O) Appointments

Post by jan2jack » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:43 am

Hello,

I have been watching the following website for a month : https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk
to book my appointment for Settlement (ILR) in Nov - Dec 2014

When I kept looking around Sept 22- 23, it was showing me dates in all centers only till about Oct 2-3
Now when I look at it, the booking section only shows dates till 2 weeks in the future till around 19 - 24 October.

The dates are highlighted upto 3 months from now (and no more - which is correct)
But for booking, looks like you can only make them 2 - 2.5 weeks from today. If I'm not wrong, it should atleast show you dates for next 6 weeks right?

Anyone else facing the same issue? Hear back soon. Thanks.

Malik44

Re: ILR - SET (O) Appointments

Post by Malik44 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:34 pm

you can book your ILR appointment maximum 40 days before.
if UKBA system showing appointments less than 40 days than you need to wait few more days to get your desired days.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:44 pm

It's actually 42 days in advance. I believe Malik44 means if you're looking for an appointment that is more than 42 days ahead you will need to wait. Although in your post you appear to be searching for an appointment that is less than 28 days away.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

jan2jack
Newly Registered

Post by jan2jack » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:24 pm

I am aiming to get an appointment around Dec 18 - Dec 23, 2014.
At the moment the website only shows Oct 16- 28 for various locations (which is bout 2-3 weeks). What I don't understand is that it is supposed to show a window of 42 days (like you say, but that is clearly not the case!)

I know that my appointment is probably a while away, but I do not what to scramble at the last minute.
The funny thing is tomorrow, the day will increase by 1, its almost like they've made it a 2- 3 week window, rather than 6 week.

For eg: can anyone see any appointment for mid Nov (i.e 42 days from today, should be around Nov 18-19), in any place/ anytime?
Let me know.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:08 pm

jan2jack wrote:I am aiming to get an appointment around Dec 18 - Dec 23, 2014.
At the moment the website only shows Oct 16- 28 for various locations (which is bout 2-3 weeks). What I don't understand is that it is supposed to show a window of 42 days (like you say, but that is clearly not the case!)

I know that my appointment is probably a while away, but I do not what to scramble at the last minute.
The funny thing is tomorrow, the day will increase by 1, its almost like they've made it a 2- 3 week window, rather than 6 week.

For eg: can anyone see any appointment for mid Nov (i.e 42 days from today, should be around Nov 18-19), in any place/ anytime?
Let me know.
Incorrect, Yesterday i have seen an appointment for 18th November for croydon.
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

jan2jack
Newly Registered

Post by jan2jack » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:55 pm

Thank you. I found the issue.

If the window chosen is large, then it only shows the first 10 available appointments.

Eg: If window chosen is between 8 October 2014 - 15 November 2014. It only shows the first 10 available appointments in specified window rather than all free slots in the specified window.