ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Past earning: sent USA for training - salary in India

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hvdin
Newly Registered

Past earning: sent USA for training - salary in India

Post by hvdin » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:53 am

Dear members,

I am applying for HSMP in 1st week of Sep 07 and I have doubts/queries for past earning.

I am in India and was sent to USA for training for 2.5 months between March 07 and May 07. My claim period is from Sep06 to Aug 07

While on training, I was not getting any salary in USA (in USD) and was geting normal salary in India in INR. I was getting per-diem allowance in USD while in USA. I do have letter in this regard mentioning perdiem and other rules pertaining to my visit.

I also have original training invitation letter from USA office as a proof which clearly mention the purpose of visit is to to get training.

1) Should I mention this fact in the HSMP initial application ?
If yes,
a. Should I claim all 12 months of Indian salary as if all 12 month earning in India.
b. or I should claim salary on pro-rated basis

If no,
will this affect at the time of applying for EC. There is no way case worker will be able to make out fact of my usa visit.

Either way I am able to make points, but I am not sure whether to mention this fact in cover letter or not.

Will this make my case complicated, and lead to rejection ?

Please advise, I am confused whether to mention the fact in cover letter or not ?

Thanks
Hardik

roy_rajat

Re: Past earning: sent USA for training - salary in India

Post by roy_rajat » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:49 am

hvdin wrote:Dear members,

I am applying for HSMP in 1st week of Sep 07 and I have doubts/queries for past earning.

I am in India and was sent to USA for training for 2.5 months between March 07 and May 07. My claim period is from Sep06 to Aug 07

While on training, I was not getting any salary in USA (in USD) and was geting normal salary in India in INR. I was getting per-diem allowance in USD while in USA. I do have letter in this regard mentioning perdiem and other rules pertaining to my visit.

I also have original training invitation letter from USA office as a proof which clearly mention the purpose of visit is to to get training.

1) Should I mention this fact in the HSMP initial application ?
If yes,
a. Should I claim all 12 months of Indian salary as if all 12 month earning in India.
b. or I should claim salary on pro-rated basis

If no,
will this affect at the time of applying for EC. There is no way case worker will be able to make out fact of my usa visit.

Either way I am able to make points, but I am not sure whether to mention this fact in cover letter or not.

Will this make my case complicated, and lead to rejection ?

Please advise, I am confused whether to mention the fact in cover letter or not ?

Thanks
Hardik
You have said that you received regular salary during this period in India so that would mean you have continous salary for the 12 month period in India, therefore, the question of pro-rating does not arise. My advice would be if your 12 month salary from india is sufficient to give you the points then just include that and you dont need to declare your earnings in US. Including the earnings from US (if you dont have concrete evidence of the allowance either as tax return, pay slips or direct credit on bank statements) would complicate the issue and would most certainly earn you a rejection.