ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fullahs

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by fullahs » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:47 am

greattaurus99 wrote:Someone please explain this. I m confused if they hav even received my application?

Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration International EnquiryService.We understand that you would like to know about the current status of yourvisa application. I have tracked the status (GWF and date of birth) and found that there are no current updates. Please, contact us with the details requested below, so that we canescalate the issue to the relevant authority and enquire about your visaapplication status.Application ID (GWFXXXXXXXXX):Full name of the applicant:Date of birth:Location of application (Country and city):Date of appointment:Type of visa:Passport number: For any further details, or should you need to contact us again pleaserefer to our website at https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/, selectappropriate country, click next and then select 'E-Mail form' and completeas instructed. We will aim to come back to you within 1 day.
Salaam

Do not worry this is standard procedure and I had to do the same. This is just to ensure that they have all the information from yourself in order for them to request the status of your application. Please note, it may be worth giving them a quick call a few days later as I did send all this information but they had 'forgot' to pass it along and I had to re-send.

They have not called my husband although I have been advised that that my decision was made 1st October. He has lost him phone and I was awaiting a call on the alternative number not received yet. He will be going tomorrow to collect

Thank you all for your kind duas

1st Application: 2nd Febuary
October (something): Refused as latest wage slip outside 28 days requirement
Documents re- submitted in Mirpur on 07/11/14
2 Visa Processed Emailed received today- 27/01/14
Waiting for RFC call...

greattaurus99

Post by greattaurus99 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:59 am

fullahs wrote:
greattaurus99 wrote:Someone please explain this. I m confused if they hav even received my application?

Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration International EnquiryService.We understand that you would like to know about the current status of yourvisa application. I have tracked the status (GWF and date of birth) and found that there are no current updates. Please, contact us with the details requested below, so that we canescalate the issue to the relevant authority and enquire about your visaapplication status.Application ID (GWFXXXXXXXXX):Full name of the applicant:Date of birth:Location of application (Country and city):Date of appointment:Type of visa:Passport number: For any further details, or should you need to contact us again pleaserefer to our website at https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/, selectappropriate country, click next and then select 'E-Mail form' and completeas instructed. We will aim to come back to you within 1 day.
Salaam

Do not worry this is standard procedure and I had to do the same. This is just to ensure that they have all the information from yourself in order for them to request the status of your application. Please note, it may be worth giving them a quick call a few days later as I did send all this information but they had 'forgot' to pass it along and I had to re-send.

They have not called my husband although I have been advised that that my decision was made 1st October. He has lost him phone and I was awaiting a call on the alternative number not received yet. He will be going tomorrow to collect

thanks for the reply. Yes I have sent them all the info. They replied me back saying the following. I will ring them in couple of days if I don't hear back from them.

Dear Syed Salman Gilani,Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration international enquiryservice.
We are escalating your case to the relevant department for the informationof which we will inform you once we have received it.
Syed Salman Gilani
31/07/2014: Biometrics & Application - Islamabad
14/10/2014: Pre assessment and online verification done
10/11/2014: Not yet been assessed by an ECO
26/11/2014: In Progress
05/12/2014: Further enquiries/checks
10/12/2014: Call from Gerry's
11/12/2014: VISA GRANTED :)

Have faith

Post by Have faith » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:10 am

Reading all ur comment my advice would be anyone that has applied after May 2014 u are only meant to wait 12 weeks but we all know it will take much longer, I was told to wait 6 months and my husband got his visa at 9 months.

When ur 12 weeks are over contact ur mp and continuously email them, I emailed them every week someone's twice a week their replies maybe standard but at least they will escalate if need be, be patient I know it's easier said then done but In'Shaa'Allah u will get a positive response.

greattaurus99

Post by greattaurus99 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:12 am

fullahs wrote: Salaam

@fullahs what number did u call? I will ask my wife to call from england.
Syed Salman Gilani

fullahs

Post by fullahs » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:18 am

@fullahs what number did u call? I will ask my wife to call from england.[/quote]

@greattaurus99-

Pakistan Telephone

Opening times: 8:00am - 4:00pm (Pakistan time)

You can call us on:

00 44 1243 217 905

If you would prefer to dial a UK number direct please call:

00 44 1243 218 119

This is a paid service and there is a cost of £1.37 UK Sterling per minute in addition to your standard network charges. Please have a valid credit or debit card ready to process your payment. We can accept MasterCard credit and debit cards, and Visa credit and debit cards. You will not be charged until you are connected to an adviser. Calls may be recorded for training purposes. We are able to handle your calls in English or Urdu.

If they have acknowledged your email then you may not need to ring them to be honest.

Waiting for RFC call...

greattaurus99

Post by greattaurus99 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:20 am

fullahs wrote:@fullahs what number did u call? I will ask my wife to call from england.
@greattaurus99-

Pakistan Telephone

Opening times: 8:00am - 4:00pm (Pakistan time)

You can call us on:

00 44 1243 217 905

If you would prefer to dial a UK number direct please call:

00 44 1243 218 119

This is a paid service and there is a cost of £1.37 UK Sterling per minute in addition to your standard network charges. Please have a valid credit or debit card ready to process your payment. We can accept MasterCard credit and debit cards, and Visa credit and debit cards. You will not be charged until you are connected to an adviser. Calls may be recorded for training purposes. We are able to handle your calls in English or Urdu.

If they have acknowledged your email then you may not need to ring them to be honest. [/quote]

Yes thts true they did acknowledged my email. I guess I will wait till next week to hear from them. If not then will giv thm a call.
Syed Salman Gilani

fullahs

Post by fullahs » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:21 am

Have faith wrote:Reading all ur comment my advice would be anyone that has applied after May 2014 u are only meant to wait 12 weeks but we all know it will take much longer, I was told to wait 6 months and my husband got his visa at 9 months.

When ur 12 weeks are over contact ur mp and continuously email them, I emailed them every week someone's twice a week their replies maybe standard but at least they will escalate if need be, be patient I know it's easier said then done but In'Shaa'Allah u will get a positive response.

I would like to second this message as I know there are many people who have applied recently and are expecting a reply since a few months but there is a backlog and they are taking their time. We have all been waiting and many still waiting on average 6-9 months.

This is a stressful time for everyone and I pray we all hear good news soon but this delay is expected and you do not need to worry much

Waiting for RFC call...

Moa7

Post by Moa7 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:25 am

Can someone please tell me who an MP is? How and when should we contact them? And do we have to pay to talk with them?

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:19 pm

Moa7 wrote:Can someone please tell me who an MP is? How and when should we contact them? And do we have to pay to talk with them?
MP = Member of Parliament...if you are from UK then type in your postcode in the search box on the following link.
it will give you the details of your MP. If you have an issue (not happy with a government service) then you can contact your MP. you can email, meet or telephone their office, it does not cost anything (network charges apply)
http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

hopesforthebestIA
Newly Registered

Post by hopesforthebestIA » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:35 pm

greattaurus99 wrote:
khan2013 wrote:

Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration International EnquiryService.We understand that you would like to know about the current status of yourvisa application. I have tracked the status (GWF and date of birth) and found that there are no current updates. Please, contact us with the details requested below, so that we canescalate the issue to the relevant authority and enquire about your visaapplication status.Application ID (GWFXXXXXXXXX):Full name of the applicant:Date of birth:Location of application (Country and city):Date of appointment:Type of visa:Passport number: For any further details, or should you need to contact us again pleaserefer to our website at https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/, selectappropriate country, click next and then select 'E-Mail form' and completeas instructed. We will aim to come back to you within 1 day. 
Salam,
You shouldnt be too worried.Jerryes is a responsible courier service and that would have definitely passed on your application to BHC.
No need to be worried about this update you got.In many cases they wouldnt be able to tell you about the status of your application only using the GWF number.I am sure if you provide them with the details they requested you will hear about the status of application.The rule is"stay patient".
Good luck
I hop so I submitted my app on 31st july. People submitted after me hav received updates thts why I m worried. I hv sent them the required info. Hop they could track it down.
I applied in the first week of July 2014 from Karachi and havent received any update too. Its useless to take it over your nerves when people are waiting for the past 8-9 months or more.. We can only get our case escalated after 24 weeks. Its just a wait game. They will take their own sweet time. I have tried emailing and even calling the enquiry line but honestly the reply is never satisfactory. So just leave it to Allah SWT there are certain things out of your control. All we can do is pray.

pind_da_munda_786

Post by pind_da_munda_786 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:37 am

Moa7 wrote:Can someone please tell me who an MP is? How and when should we contact them? And do we have to pay to talk with them?
MP = Mirpuri

Moa7

Post by Moa7 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:19 am

tallojani wrote:
MP = Member of Parliament...if you are from UK then type in your postcode in the search box on the following link.
it will give you the details of your MP. If you have an issue (not happy with a government service) then you can contact your MP. you can email, meet or telephone their office, it does not cost anything (network charges apply)
http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/
Thanks!

maniani
United Kingdom

Post by maniani » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:34 am

pind_da_munda_786 wrote:
MP = Mirpuri
LOLzzz MP=Mirpuri........ :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

white pearl
Newly Registered

Post by white pearl » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:17 am

Is there anyone on this forum who applied from Lahore ? Just curious, how much time their applications are taking for decision. I applied from Lahore on 10 April and the status goes like "There are no current updates" to that long Income Threshold court decision information thing from several days. 127 days have passed but I haven't heard any news. Hope this wait turns out for good. Many Duaa's for people on this forum waiting for their visas.

shazia79
Newly Registered

Post by shazia79 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:46 am

white pearl wrote:Is there anyone on this forum who applied from Lahore ? Just curious, how much time their applications are taking for decision. I applied from Lahore on 10 April and the status goes like "There are no current updates" to that long Income Threshold court decision information thing from several days. 127 days have passed but I haven't heard any news. Hope this wait turns out for good. Many Duaa's for people on this forum waiting for their visas.
I applied from Lahore on the 14.02.2014 I'm still waiting ....... But that's the 24 weeks up tomorrow so my Mp will be going down the compliant process. In sha Allah see what happens.

blumango

Post by blumango » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:52 am

contacted mp last week. wife got call from gerrys this morning for rfc.

she will go tomorrow

lets see what happens
Applied in Mirpur: 07/02/2014
Spouse Called for Interview: 02/07/2014
RFC: 10/10/2014 VISA GRANTED

mooty

Post by mooty » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:02 am

All the best brother! I hope that you get the desired results.

white pearl
Newly Registered

Post by white pearl » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:30 am

shazia79 wrote:
white pearl wrote:Is there anyone on this forum who applied from Lahore ? Just curious, how much time their applications are taking for decision. I applied from Lahore on 10 April and the status goes like "There are no current updates" to that long Income Threshold court decision information thing from several days. 127 days have passed but I haven't heard any news. Hope this wait turns out for good. Many Duaa's for people on this forum waiting for their visas.
I applied from Lahore on the 14.02.2014 I'm still waiting ....... But that's the 24 weeks up tomorrow so my Mp will be going down the compliant process. In sha Allah see what happens.
Thanks for the response Shazia. I have contacted my MP today. Gave him all the Information and asked him what he can do. Do we need to be precise that we want to go down the complaint road ? Or they figure out things by themselves ? What is the status you are getting these days ? Best of luck for your Visa :)

kehkashan

Post by kehkashan » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:41 pm

Salaam

[/quote]
hi
so wat was the outcome?
did ur husband get visa

muskaan1987

Post by muskaan1987 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:58 pm

hi all members

i just found out a decision on my husband application was made on the 8 September 2014

which my husband received no call or letter for rfc

my mp has had a word with the ho and the said just go and picki it up

know i would like to know should he go and pick it up from mirpur where he submitted it or islamabad

since he has not received a rfc?

plus since it been a month what happens if visa has been rejected and he had right of appeal? since we have to appeal within a month and this would take it over a month?

timeline

applied on 30/10/2013

thank

umeraali

Post by umeraali » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:20 pm

HI Everyone!

Does anyone have an idea as to when you receive a response when you email visaenquiries.islamabad@fco.gov.uk, I know if you go through UKVI email you receive a response normally within 1 working day.

Thanks! :)

khan2013

Post by khan2013 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:55 pm

[quote="umeraali"]HI Everyone!

You should get the response in 2 days.In some cases it can take up to 4 days,when they dealing with large inquiries.

khan2013

Post by khan2013 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:03 pm

muskaan1987 wrote:hi all members

i just found out a decision on my husband application was made on the 8 September 2014

which my husband received no call or letter for rfc

my mp has had a word with the ho and the said just go and picki it up

know i would like to know should he go and pick it up from mirpur where he submitted it or islamabad

since he has not received a rfc?

plus since it been a month what happens if visa has been rejected and he had right of appeal? since we have to appeal within a month and this would take it over a month?

timeline

applied on 30/10/2013

thank
He should contact the Jerrys Mirpur centre ideally to collect the documents.You should be hopeful for the positive outcome Inshallah.You can consider other options including legal action after seeking professional advice in case of rejection.

Moa7

Post by Moa7 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:05 pm

Just wondering is there any one of you here who applied for their spouse visa after the nikah but before their rukhsati?

How did you explain that you have 0 years and 0 months of living with your spouse because the rukhsati hasn't happened? Or did you guys not mention anything about the rukhsati at all?

Asim khan

Post by Asim khan » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:18 pm

Moa7 wrote:Just wondering is there any one of you here who applied for their spouse visa after the nikah but before their rukhsati?

How did you explain that you have 0 years and 0 months of living with your spouse because the rukhsati hasn't happened? Or did you guys not mention anything about the rukhsati at all?
Dont get into the rukhsati side of things ..Make sure ur nikkah se registered with the foregin Office in pakistan. In terms of living together u can say its an arrange marriage and u will start living together once u join her in uk simple