ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FP or EEA2? Please help me decide

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Taytay
Newly Registered

EEA FP or EEA2? Please help me decide

Post by Taytay » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:02 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to decide if I Should apply for the RC or just apply for the FP. I already live in the UK on a student visa that ends Feb 2015 and will be applying for either RC or FP through my EEA spouse from within the UK since I'm still a resident under my visaa. We'll get married next month in my spouse's home country then return to the UK. My spouse is and will be exercising her rights via school and employment for the duration of our time in the UK.

The reason I'm unsure about which application to pursue is that we plan to stay in the UK for only another 1.5 years. So maybe RC is unneccasry. It seems that FP applications process faster and don't cost anything. I plan to seek employment and both the RC and FP seem to allow the same rights to work. I plan to travel some in the next 1.5 years but it seems I'm free to do so within the 6 months FP and once that runs out I can apply again.

As you can tell I'm leaning towards FP but if im misinformed about any of the information I've provided then please say so. I'd like to receive some opinion on which is the best route for me to take?

dalebutt

Re: EEA FP or EEA2? Please help me decide

Post by dalebutt » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:19 pm

There is no point creating a whole new thread to ask this question, you should continue in the old thread.

Taytay
Newly Registered

Re: EEA FP or EEA2? Please help me decide

Post by Taytay » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:23 pm

Ok thanks for your help. I copied and posted the same post into the last thread. Please post if you have some advice to give! :)