ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

latest on HSMP extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aj77

Post by aj77 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:28 am

Yeah I have seen that urgent treatment form .But the problem is that they need documentry proof for the reason mentioned in urgent treatment form to process the application quicker.While I got the news on phone due to which urgent travel is required now otherwise there wasn t any plan to travel in the next three to four months.
I don t think they will give any importance without proper documentary evidence of the reason mentioned.

(This is written in Acknowledgement Letter I received from HO that they would need documentary evidence of reason for urgent treatment)

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:23 am

Can you ask them to fax you the details so that you can submit that as documentary evidence along with a covering letter entailing your curcumstances?

Did you try emailing them and asking if you could withdraw only your dependent's passports?

aj77

Post by aj77 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:25 pm

I think Urgent Treatment can also take a week or two or may be more than that. I will try to contact them on telephone tomorrow to get the best advice.I will also contact to my country s high commission tomorrow in this respect.Otherwise your advice is best to get fax as evedince to support the reason for urgent treatment.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:53 am

Any idea why we havent recieved any updates (for 10 days) on what cases HO are currently dealing with :roll:
Where there is a will there is a way.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:26 pm

They have updated today. Just been slow to do it, Monday blues I guess :)

HSMP applications have moved only 2 days ahead.

Leave to Remain Applications shows 19th August. Did 28th Oct show it was 18th August? Surely they could not have done just 1 day of FLR in 10 days?

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:01 pm

thats really depressing staff. 1 day for FLR and 2days for HSMP. i think there was a civil strike for some civil servants on friday, but thats only one day they would have lost of work. this is really dissappointing

tvt

Post by tvt » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:32 pm

Very nice pace indeed. They have processed one day load of FLR apps in 10 days. This is after they put new measures to speed up processing. If it continues like this we get the ILR before we submit an FLR app.
Last edited by tvt on Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:52 pm

tvt wrote:Very nice pace indeed. They have processed one day load of FLR apps in 10 days. This is after they put new measures to speed up processing. If it continues like this we get the ILR when we submit an FLR app.
HO website states that:

Category
Leave to Remain Applications - Customers should allow up to 10 weeks from the date of application

Currently working on cases received at WP(UK)
19 August 2004

I think that should be updated to state that customers should allow up to 12 weeks :oops:

tvt

Post by tvt » Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:03 pm

You are an optimist.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:00 am

true there checkmate, they should also change the HSMP one to 27weeks

jaiswal88
Newly Registered

Post by jaiswal88 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:28 pm

now a days its very difficult to get the information from HO, if you lucky to get the phone line, you have to wait for at least 10 mints holding the phone and after that you dont have another altranate to put down thwe phone.

so its really a very serious problem.

if you go for urgent treatment there is also a nos of people already in the line . just jumping form one line to another.

there must be some way out

thanks

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:38 pm

True the queues are getting bigger and bigger and its going to be take progressively longer to process FLR applications.

Please note though that FLR(IED) is applied by many other categories and not just HSMP applicants. These include

1. HSMP + Dependents
2. SAWS
3. SBS
4. Work Permit + Dependents
5. TWES + Dependents

They are coming with interim measures and they probably need to do more in the near future.

jaiswal88
Newly Registered

Post by jaiswal88 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:44 pm

that true , but for every catagry, they have different-2 team to handle the cases, its not one team deciding and handling all the catagry.

and in fact few days back they have put extra work force to sorted out this problem but they are under extreme load.

in fact some way there are doing there best but our people are alos under serious problem not having the passport

thanks

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:50 pm

True, but thats still just 2 different teams

In-Country Operational Team (A-L, Sports and Entertainments and SAWS applicants)
In-Country Operational Team (M-Z and HSMP applicants)

Among all applicants only FLR for HSMP extension requires more documentation i.e for economic activity. I wonder if that in any way slows down the second team.

jaiswal88
Newly Registered

Post by jaiswal88 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:57 pm

yes u r right , anyway fingure crossed for the last three months.

still awaiting

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:00 pm

jaiswal88 wrote:anyway fingure crossed for the last three months.
still awaiting
Its been three months already for you? When did you submit your application? What was your mode of payment?

Thanks

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:05 pm

Just noticed from your earlier post that your application was recieved by the HO on the 9th of August. That is very strange because they say they are doing the 19th of August now.

Predictably no responses when trying to contacting them on phone or email?

aj77

Post by aj77 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:42 pm

Today I contacted HO on telephone.When I asked her for advice as I need my wife s passport urgently,She replied that she can t send passport of dependant(wife) alone.Though she guided me that I can fax them printed Email received from my wife s relatives showing a need of urgent travel alongwith urgent treatment form and they will take this into consideration and will treat my application on urgent basis.Replying to my querry that how much time will this take, she said me to mention the date when my wife want to travel.Though she said there are longer ques of urgent treatment too and they can t give me exact time but she committed that they willl try their best to send the documents before the travelling date.

Contacting them on telephone couldn t prove to be difficult for me and I explained my situation in a much better way and her response was very encouraging too. let s see how will they respond later on after getting my Urgent treatment request.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:35 pm

Ironic - there is a queue to join the urgent queue.

Issue with employment based FLR is that Sheffield Team are ones handling such - getting others e.g. Croydon to support would ease matters. Regretably due to issues/ concerns about the 'integrity' of employment based immigration applications (anyone remeber the ECAA fiasco) Sheffield must consider both IED and FLR IED - blame the forgers out there though successive retrenchment of Home Office staff by both political parties when in power has not helped.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:20 pm

Kayalami wrote:Ironic - there is a queue to join the urgent queue.

Issue with employment based FLR is that Sheffield Team are ones handling such - getting others e.g. Croydon to support would ease matters.

.......successive retrenchment of Home Office staff by both political parties when in power has not helped.

I think the £150 + £121 should be sufficient to cater for the recruitment needs of WP.....

The queues and backlogs are gettiung longer and soon it will be 1year waiting time for HSMP.

I remember a time when there was a huge queue of over 20,000 assylum application at HO who had been waiting for 3 to 7 years to get cases determined...What did HO do? An amnesty was declared :wink:

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:53 pm

Checkmate.
well there is no chance of them 'fast tracking' applications, after all that scandal last time that caused that minister to resign

Vayu

Post by Vayu » Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:43 pm

as I said, with the time frames blowing out, burecaratic paper work to 'prove' that you need you passport back urgently, the scheme is turning into one big unfunny joke.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:47 pm

Guyz,

The season of goodwill is around the corner so hopefully they will be speeding up applications...the bad new though is that HO will most likely work for three 3 weeks in December...(i.e finish 23rd Dec and return 3rd January or later) :roll:

Good things come to those who wait :)

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:47 pm

One can only hope that they will bring in more measures to improve the timescales. Already they seem to be doing a bit to improve the situation but it hasnt been enough.

jaiswal88
Newly Registered

Post by jaiswal88 » Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:02 pm

Mwazir, hi

u r right i have submit my application on 6th aug and they got it on 9th aug, but whats going on they even know better.

so the application which is process till 19th aug??????idont know whats that??????

trying to find out and will inform.

thanks