ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spelling Mistake on Acknowledgement Letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashdaone1
- thin ice -
Mood:
United Kingdom

Spelling Mistake on Acknowledgement Letter

Post by ashdaone1 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:27 pm

Guys, I received my acknowledgement letter today but they have made a typo in my name.

Do I need to worry about this and get it rectified? If so, please suggest, how?

Any email or phone number?

Thanks!

ashafqat
BANNED

Post by ashafqat » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:13 pm

You can call at this number 0870 606 7766.

When did your application reach at home office?

ashdaone1
- thin ice -
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ashdaone1 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:19 pm

Cheers mate, thanks.

Also, I have found this address - BRPError@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. Should I mail them in advance to make sure they dont repeat the same mistake on my BRP or biometric letter? A bit confused here, what do ...

My application reached on 20th March.. they debited payment on 1st April..

ashafqat
BANNED

Post by ashafqat » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:26 pm

ashdaone1 wrote:Cheers mate, thanks.

Also, I have found this address - BRPError@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. Should I mail them in advance to make sure they dont repeat the same mistake on my BRP or biometric letter? A bit confused here, what do ...

Thanks. Its better to mail them and inform them on phone as well. I remember there is a discussion before in the forum about spelling mistake.

My application reached there on 20th as well, so far no response. Did u use banker draft or cc. One last question if u don't mind what was name of person received your application at home office. You can check this from postoffice tracking number. Mine was PETERSON. Thanks in advance for help

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Re: Spelling Mistake on Acknowledgement Letter

Post by silent_warrior » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:27 pm

ashdaone1 wrote:Guys, I received my acknowledgement letter today but they have made a typo in my name.

Do I need to worry about this and get it rectified? If so, please suggest, how?

Any email or phone number?

Thanks!
Call UKBA on 0870 606 7766,
Try and speak to customer service at UKBA. Make a couple of calls and speak to different people there. But dont worry. And only when you come to Biometrics, thats when you can use the email address BRPError@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.

ashdaone1
- thin ice -
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ashdaone1 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:32 pm

ashafqat wrote:
ashdaone1 wrote:Cheers mate, thanks.

Thanks. Its better to mail them and inform them on phone as well. I remember there is a discussion before in the forum about spelling mistake.

My application reached there on 20th as well, so far no response. Did u use banker draft or cc. One last question if u don't mind what was name of person received your application at home office. You can check this from postoffice tracking number. Mine was PETERSON. Thanks in advance for help
Well I made a CC payment. It was taken on 1st April. The guy who received it was Jenkins.

They must have taken the payment though. The acknowledgement letters must be on its way.

ashdaone1
- thin ice -
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ashdaone1 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:33 pm

silent_warrior wrote: And only when you come to Biometrics, thats when you can use the above email address.
You reckon its futile to mail them on this address?

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:43 pm

ashdaone1 wrote:
silent_warrior wrote: And only when you come to Biometrics, thats when you can use the above email address.
You reckon its futile to mail them on this address?
I read a similar situation on the forum a week or two back, and I believe that person tried to contact them and they were unable to resolve the problem. I think this team can only make changes when they receive or generate a Biometric reference code for you.
But again, wait till tuesday and call UKBA (of course speak to more than one).Also,if you are really worried, then I dont see any harm in sending the Biometric guys an email. At least these guys will respond saying whether or not they can make the changes

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:46 pm

The BRP email address is for corrections to BRPs- its pointless Emailing them about your acknowledgment letter.

In any case a large proportion of acknowledgment letters have typos. Its the spelling on the biometric letter you need to worry about.

abby92

Post by abby92 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:55 pm

I had the same problem. My surname on acknowledgement letter was incorrect. I actually did nothing as I knew that phoning or writing a letter will be pointless so I waited for the actual BRP letter. It arrived yesterday and everything was fine there. No issues. I personally think that acknowledgement letters are issued from the payments/initial checks team who are not the caseworking teams.
Last edited by abby92 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:02 pm

abby92 wrote:I had the same problem. My surname on acknowledgement letter was incorrect. I actually did nothing as I knew that phoning or writing a letter will be pointless so I waited for the actual BRP letter. It arrived yesterday and everything was fine there. No issues. I personally think that acknowledge letters are issued from the payments/initial checks team who are not the c
aseworking teams.
Correct- the people who process payments and issue the acknowledgment letters don't have anything to do with casework and they are pretty careless when it comes to the spelling of names on letters.

ashdaone1
- thin ice -
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ashdaone1 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:45 pm

abby92 wrote:I had the same problem. My surname on acknowledgement letter was incorrect. I actually did nothing as I knew that phoning or writing a letter will be pointless so I waited for the actual BRP letter. It arrived yesterday and everything was fine there. No issues. I personally think that acknowledge letters are issued from the payments/initial checks team who are not the caseworking teams.
Perfect!!! I thought as much, but wanted to be doubly sure. But as your case demonstrates... its not a big deal. I will however try and give them a call on Tuesday for peace of mind, but wont bother much. Hopefully the Biometric letter will be all right.

Thank you all for taking time to answer to my query. Much appreciated.

Sofyasubbotina
Newly Registered

Post by Sofyasubbotina » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:30 pm

Hi

I just received the BRP letter from the HO, after I made an online application.
I am from Russia originally, and it never occurred to me to include a translation of my passport-because it has all the main bits of info translated already. However, I looked to check the letter and I saw that instead of 'Moscow' it says 'Mockba'.

The problem is, the word 'moscow' on the passport is the only word that is not translated. And the cyrillic spelling of Moscow is the same as the English MOCKBA.

Is it worth phoning up and changing it? WIll I be requested to supply a translation?