ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Asim khan

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by Asim khan » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:21 pm

khan2013 wrote:
muskaan1987 wrote:hi all members

i just found out a decision on my husband application was made on the 8 September 2014

which my husband received no call or letter for rfc

my mp has had a word with the ho and the said just go and picki it up

know i would like to know should he go and pick it up from mirpur where he submitted it or islamabad

since he has not received a rfc?

plus since it been a month what happens if visa has been rejected and he had right of appeal? since we have to appeal within a month and this would take it over a month?

timeline

applied on 30/10/2013

thank
He should contact the Jerrys Mirpur centre ideally to collect the documents.You should be hopeful for the positive outcome Inshallah.You can consider other options including legal action after seeking professional advice in case of rejection.
1st Lets hope u get the visa ..and if its the other case then it All depends upon When u collected ur documents of Gerrys ..from that day onwards ur appeal time starts ..

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:35 pm

hi everyone im new to this

so heres my timeline

married- 24rd march 2013
back to the uk- 25th june 2013
baby boy- 13th january 2014
application online-5th june 2014
subitted at embassy (isb) 10th june 2014

and have still not heard anything and it is october, have emailed but just got a reply saying application has not yet been seen by eco

anyone else applied around this time and no anything?

umeraali

Post by umeraali » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:47 pm

Thanks khan2013!

But looks like they are no longer responding to the email visaenquiries.islamabad@fco.gov.uk and only UKVI now.

I got this email:

"Thank you for your email.

Please note that we are no longer routinely responding to emails sent to this address. This is because you should find answers to commonly asked questions via the information provided below. If you have a specific question, or would like advice in another language (including Urdu), you can contact our International Enquiry Service"

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:48 pm

Moa7 wrote:Just wondering is there any one of you here who applied for their spouse visa after the nikah but before their rukhsati?

How did you explain that you have 0 years and 0 months of living with your spouse because the rukhsati hasn't happened? Or did you guys not mention anything about the rukhsati at all?
Apply straight after nikkah and don't mention the rukhsati.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

Moa7

Post by Moa7 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:00 pm

tallojani wrote:
Moa7 wrote:Just wondering is there any one of you here who applied for their spouse visa after the nikah but before their rukhsati?

How did you explain that you have 0 years and 0 months of living with your spouse because the rukhsati hasn't happened? Or did you guys not mention anything about the rukhsati at all?
Apply straight after nikkah and don't mention the rukhsati.
It was a love marriage for me, have known my spouse for many years but just had the nikah recently but we had no history of living together so to explain that we did mention that our rukhsati is in December 2014. Can that be a problem?

khan2013

Post by khan2013 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:09 pm

umeraali wrote:Thanks khan2013!

But looks like they are no longer responding to the email visaenquiries.islamabad@fco.gov.uk and only UKVI now.

I got this email:

"Thank you for your email.

Please note that we are no longer routinely responding to emails sent to this address. This is because you should find answers to commonly asked questions via the information provided below. If you have a specific question, or would like advice in another language (including Urdu), you can contact our International Enquiry Service"
This is the link https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk
Fill the required details and send it over.

fullahs

Post by fullahs » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:42 pm

Salaam Guys

Just to give up an update: Applied 10th February- husband went to pick up papers this morning but visa was rejected.

They said everything was fine but they wanted to see an official letter from employers to confirm my salary and length of employment. I work for an official company and salary was above the required threshold. Weirdly they have given me chance to send the official letter for them to review :s

Not sure if this has happened to anyone before but getting the document made by HR today and will be sending it through asap and the rest is in Gods hands.

1st Application: 2nd Febuary
October (something): Refused as latest wage slip outside 28 days requirement
Documents re- submitted in Mirpur on 07/11/14
2 Visa Processed Emailed received today- 27/01/14
Waiting for RFC call...

maniani
United Kingdom

Post by maniani » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:45 pm

fullahs wrote:Salaam Guys

Just to give up an update: Applied 10th February- husband went to pick up papers this morning but visa was rejected.

They said everything was fine but they wanted to see an official letter from employers to confirm my salary and length of employment. I work for an official company and salary was above the required threshold. Weirdly they have given me chance to send the official letter for them to review :s

Not sure if this has happened to anyone before but getting the document made by HR today and will be sending it through asap and the rest is in Gods hands.
Can you please post your exact refusal wording , so that we can understand your case. Hope a response from you.

shazia79
Newly Registered

Post by shazia79 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:06 pm

white pearl wrote:
shazia79 wrote:
white pearl wrote:Is there anyone on this forum who applied from Lahore ? Just curious, how much time their applications are taking for decision. I applied from Lahore on 10 April and the status goes like "There are no current updates" to that long Income Threshold court decision information thing from several days. 127 days have passed but I haven't heard any news. Hope this wait turns out for good. Many Duaa's for people on this forum waiting for their visas.
I applied from Lahore on the 14.02.2014 I'm still waiting ....... But that's the 24 weeks up tomorrow so my Mp will be going down the compliant process. In sha Allah see what happens.
Thanks for the response Shazia. I have contacted my MP today. Gave him all the Information and asked him what he can do. Do we need to be precise that we want to go down the complaint road ? Or they figure out things by themselves ? What is the status you are getting these days ? Best of luck for your Visa :)
Thank you white pearl good look for your visa too.
I have contacted my MP twice before, previously when my MP contacted the home office they advised they would get back to us in 10 days but After the 10 day the home office advised it's still in process and still within the 24 weeks timescale, So again last week MP contacted the home office and they advised my decision was to be made any minute and I was advised to wait up till the 24 weeks by my MP so tomorrow my 24 weeks are up I advised my MP I want to go down the complaint process route as they have not fulfilled the timescale advised when I had applied for the visa. Hope this helps.

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:30 pm

They should have asked for the letter before refusing your spouse it is very strange but we do live in a weird world. Now you will have send the letter and the passport again and only Allah swt knows how long it will take before you get answer.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

Have faith

Post by Have faith » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:47 pm

Muskaan1987 ur husband gave his case in @ mirpur Gerry centre he should go to mirpur to pick it up, all the best In'Shaa'Allah it will be good news.

@blumango good luck In'Shaa'Allah it Will be good news praying for u, do let us know the outcome.

@fullahs sorry to hear that but if u do exactly what they have asked I'm sure ur visa will be accepted, if that's the only point of refusal ur very lucky they have gave u an opportunity to hand the relevant documents in. Good luck wish u all the best and Duas for everyone's who's waiting.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:26 pm

tallojani wrote:

They should have asked for the letter before refusing your spouse it is very strange but we do live in a weird world. Now you will have send the letter and the passport again and only Allah swt knows how long it will take before you get answer.

Were you on hold?

In general, the applicant is responsible for providing the specified evidence (employer letter falls under that) at the time of application. They only request additional documents if one out of a sequence is missing, eg you gave payslips January to June and April is missing.

Only in cases that were put on hold pending judgement regarding the financial threshold did they ask for additional documents, if you were not among those cases but you application was looked at after the judgement, it's tick box, i am afraid.

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:34 pm

Hi fullah, did you submit an employment letter or p60. Also how many months of banks statements and payslips did you provide?

I would advise Everyone to include the following in the employment letter;
Your Name and Address
National insurance number
Date you began employment
Position held within company
Type of employment I.e. Permanent and full time
Gross salary I.e. Salary before tax - make sure it states GROSS

Make sure it's on company headed paper and contains contact details of the person providing the letter just incase they need to contact employer.

Hope this helps.

muskaan1987

Post by muskaan1987 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:27 pm

I will InshaAllah let you all know what the decision is

If he go tomorrow and gets his passport

arslan123

Post by arslan123 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:38 pm

tallojani wrote:

But inn sha Allah it wont take long and ur visa will be granted its in Allahs hands. Best to stay positive.

white pearl
Newly Registered

Post by white pearl » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:37 pm

I have contacted my MP twice before, previously when my MP contacted the home office they advised they would get back to us in 10 days but After the 10 day the home office advised it's still in process and still within the 24 weeks timescale, So again last week MP contacted the home office and they advised my decision was to be made any minute and I was advised to wait up till the 24 weeks by my MP so tomorrow my 24 weeks are up I advised my MP I want to go down the complaint process route as they have not fulfilled the timescale advised when I had applied for the visa. Hope this helps.
Thanks Shazia. I don't understand your point. If you applied in Feb, your 24 weeks were up already in probably August (As they consider 5 working days as a week) . How is your 24 weeks time period completing now ? Can you please explain.

th3

Post by th3 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:10 am

That's very sad news, but... if you are in with some good luck!

If they are at all honest and sincere in wanting to give a favourable decision, they have to, according to their rules, give you a chance to submit any evidence which could change the decision.
Marriage 06/2011 | Visit Visa 08/2012 | Back to UK 01/2013
Applied Mirpur Cat A 12/03/14
Forwarded BHC 24/03
Escalated 1st 13/08, 2nd 10/10, 3rd 05/11

Further checking 1st 10/11, 2nd 19/11
Visa processed date 26/11, email 28/11
Visa Refused

shazia79
Newly Registered

Post by shazia79 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:09 am

white pearl wrote:
Thanks Shazia. I don't understand your point. If you applied in Feb, your 24 weeks were up already in probably August (As they consider 5 working days as a week) . How is your 24 weeks time period
completing now ? Can you please explain.
They consider one week as 7 workings days

Moa7

Post by Moa7 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:21 am

shazia79 wrote:
They consider one week as 7 workings days
The emails that ukvi sends to applicants when answering questions contains this para:

"We have service level standards for processing UK visa applications. We
will process 90% of non-settlement applications within 3 weeks, 98% within
6 weeks and 100% within 12 weeks of the application (biometric taken) date;
and 95% of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the biometric taken
date and 100% within 24 weeks of the application (biometric taken) date.
Please note that we define 1 week as 5 working days."

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:29 am

Hi guys, I sent ukvi an email using via there online site. I received a reply within 15 minutes saying that a decision has been delayed whilst further checks are being done and that I would be notified by Eco when decision has been made. I applied on the 16th of September 2014. So I am quite surprised that is already being seen by an Eco.

I initially emailed them a week after submission to check they received my application and was told then that it had not been seen by Eco.

Has anyone else Received a reply like this from UKVI?

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:17 am

Hi I also emailed them last night and today and they said there is no record of application how weird? Then they asked for my husbands details and said they would pass it on to the relevant department.. How many of u applied using visa4uk
1st App:10.06.14-Refused 21.11.14
2nd App:04.02.15-Refused 22.04.15

Appealed:19.05.15-Review Deadline:27.10.15
Court Date:02.09.16

3rd App:
Bio:29.04.16 (priority)
HO enquiry:16.05.16
Processed:17.05.16
Call:20.05.16
Collected:23.05.16
Alhamdulilah

umeraali

Post by umeraali » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:24 am

Ali2014 I applied on the 15th September 2014 a day after yourself and have emailed the same way- They have escalated my case apparently already and said checks to be carried out soon by relevant department/ECO. To be honest i'm trying not to take emails to seriously because of all the backlogs - The only thing I asked is on the email where are they upto on backlogs are they clearing by October as advised etc but they choose to ignore that and said generic Escalation email.

kehkashan

Post by kehkashan » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:27 am

hi evryone.i just received this email

Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry
service.

I understand you have been waiting for long and apologise for any
inconveniences. We have received a response from the decision making
centre, following your request for information on the status of your visa
application which states as follows: " Under process with on-going
enquiries/checks ". You are requested to be patient and wait for the
processing to be completed.

For any further details, or should you need to contact us again please
refer to our website at https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/ select
appropriate country, click next and then select “E-Mail form” and
complete as instructed. We will aim to come back to you within 1 day.

Kind regards,
Atif Dar
UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry Service
can anybody xplain wat they tryng to say
m soooooooooooo confused :|
INSHALLAH ds time its good news...pppplllzz pray for me...
INSHALLAH evrybody will get visa and will meet their spouse soon
INSHALLAH...

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:30 am

My hubby applied 10th June and still nothing saying its under process or anything all it has said is waiting to be seen by Eco or no current updates
1st App:10.06.14-Refused 21.11.14
2nd App:04.02.15-Refused 22.04.15

Appealed:19.05.15-Review Deadline:27.10.15
Court Date:02.09.16

3rd App:
Bio:29.04.16 (priority)
HO enquiry:16.05.16
Processed:17.05.16
Call:20.05.16
Collected:23.05.16
Alhamdulilah

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:23 am

umeraali wrote:Ali2014 I applied on the 15th September 2014 a day after yourself and have emailed the same way- They have escalated my case apparently already and said checks to be carried out soon by relevant department/ECO. To be honest i'm trying not to take emails to seriously because of all the backlogs - The only thing I asked is on the email where are they upto on backlogs are they clearing by October as advised etc but they choose to ignore that and said generic Escalation email.
Where did you apply from. My wife applied from Mirpur VAC. Inshallah it will be a quick turn around. I have known people to get visa a few weeks after receiving that further checks are being done but others having to wait months.