ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA 2 visa revoked at border control, not allowed to work

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

olivesummer44
Newly Registered

EEA 2 visa revoked at border control, not allowed to work

Post by olivesummer44 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:18 pm

Dear all,

My EEA 2 visa was revoked at border control, they are challenging my husband's status on exercising treaty right.

He's now travel back and forth between Norway and UK every other weekend, and he has comprehensive health cover in the UK right now.

My lawyer said I should have the right to continue to work till my appeal is heard, but Home Office still put the restriction on employment.

I would like to hear your opinions before I write a letter to Home Office asking them to grant my right to work.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Re: EEA 2 visa revoked at border control, not allowed to wor

Post by Universal soldier » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:25 pm

After listening this experience I have to agree and appreciate the knowledge of OBIE - moderator what he written in the similar type of thread:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 73410.html

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:11 pm

max_bloodyrose wrote:Dear all,
The decision is wrong, appeal it rigorously, you have a right to work, send them a clear warning letter, if you loose your job as a result there will be cost. Full details of your case is not known.

You are a family member of a qualified person, with a right to reside, you have a derived right. I believe on the face of it, the decision in itself is obviously wrong.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:03 pm

If your spouse is a frontier worker, then the burden is on you to demonstrate that such is the case, by providing the relevant evidence, that he is employed in another member state and he returns to the UK at least everyday, or as a rule, once a week.

In the absence of that, I am of the view that you have no right to work in the UK. Community law will not be engaged at all in the event of you being unable to prove this.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

olivesummer44
Newly Registered

Post by olivesummer44 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:15 pm

Obie wrote:If your spouse is a frontier worker, then the burden is on you to demonstrate that such is the case, by providing the relevant evidence, that he is employed in another member state and he returns to the UK at least everyday, or as a rule, once a week.

In the absence of that, I am of the view that you have no right to work in the UK. Community law will not be engaged at all in the event of you being unable to prove this.

Thanks Obie :)

My husband spends every other weekends in the UK, each time would be 4 days. Because some weeks he has to travel for work.

So in the last 35 days, he's in the UK for 10 days. Is this sufficient?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:18 pm

He will not be a frontier worker unless he returns to the UK at least once a week.

olivesummer44
Newly Registered

Post by olivesummer44 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:26 pm

Obie wrote:He will not be a frontier worker unless he returns to the UK at least once a week.
Thanks again Obie,

Would the situation qualify that he is economically self-sufficient and has comprehensive healthcare in the UK? We have a lease together, and bills are in his name etc.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:30 pm

He may well do . I am simply giving a general advise based on the law. My advise are not intended to be case specific.

olivesummer44
Newly Registered

Post by olivesummer44 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:32 pm

Obie wrote:He may well do . I am simply giving a general advise based on the law. My advise are not intended to be case specific.
Okay. :) thx Obie