ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK SETTLEMENT VISA

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yeminkyaw
Newly Registered

UK SETTLEMENT VISA

Post by yeminkyaw » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:36 am

I am just here to get some info about my mum's appeal on settlement visa refused .
It would be greatful If one of you pls help me about this I loged my mum case at tribunal,
and I have not recived any single letter from them whether it is processing or not, is been in 6 weeks...
My mum is 56 years old and haven't got any relatives in my own country, I am the only one son to my mum. I am settle in uk with my family. And I got a one daughter who is in 3 years.... So since my father passed away (24/04/2008) she has been depending on me financially.
And we appiled settelement visa on (13/06/2010) and was refused on tow grounds which were no evidence of sending money to my mum. In that case my country named Myanmar (burma) there is no banking system from Uk to my country , and there is no other way than we give burmse students in the uk when they need money and their parents from back home they give money to my mum. That is the way we doing it and we couldn't provied the evidence of that. This is understood my mum she is only one left in the family in the country and no one help her out , to turn to.. That's is the one ground, the another ground is in my sponsor letter i didn't mention on compassionate circumstance about my mum so that ECO doesn't satisfy my mum visa and he refused it.
If anyone would know that I am doing it appeal agaist the decison of ECO made and on the other hand can we apply on VISIT VISA as my mum is in very bad situation, got not place to live, she got only small room as she thought she was definately coming to the UK to live with me and she sold the house and now she is very much helpless. I am doing it here as much as I can and I dont want it to be longer as you know how long the appeal takes, and from the time I wake up in the morning and till the time to go bed thinking about my mum's life style whole day every day is sick.
Thank you very much and I will wait for one of your reply and I am sure it would be very much help.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:25 am

http://www.tribunals.gov.uk/Immigration ... s/FAQ6.htm

The answers lies in above link.

I think you will be waiting for some time yet as the average time to get a hearing date is around 24- 29 weeks

jammybunn

Post by jammybunn » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:51 am

Sorry to upset you but technically speaking your mother would not be granted ILE as a dependent relative whilst she owned property- the fact that she has sold this means she now has savings and can be self sufficient. The ECO was, under the rules, correct to refuse this situation. You will not be able to apply for a visit visa for her now as this will 99% be a refusal too. The ECO will not accept that you mother is a genuine visitor who intends to return to Myanmar having seen an application to join you as a dependent relative fail (Should the AIT not overturn the decision) The fact that you have failed to demonstrate the financial support (most people use western union money transfer systems) plus the fact she has sold her house seems like your appeal may be dismissed.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:00 am

That's is the one ground, the another ground is in my sponsor letter i didn't mention on compassionate circumstance about my mum so that ECO doesn't satisfy my mum visa and he refused it.
I'd say this is the other big problem.
in the case of a parent or grandparent under the age of 65 that he is living alone in the most exceptional compassionate circumstances. Each application must be considered on the individual merits of the case, it is therefore not possible to list every possible circumstance which may arise, however, illness, incapacity, isolation and poverty are of all compassionate circumstances which should be considered.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Isolation is a compassionate circumstance - but the phrase is "the most exceptional compassionate circumstances". You'll note that it already says they should be living alone as a pre-requisite, which probably means they are expecting much worse isolation than having no relatives for it to count.

I wish you well - but I'm not overly confident of your chances.

M.

hmm

Post by hmm » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:36 pm

It won't be easy winning the appeal but doesn't look like you got any other choice either. It'd be very difficult to get any other visit visa now. Carry on with the appeal. It can be time cunsuming and very expensive. Collect the documents evidence. Can you not send money via western union? Write to ECM ask for a review, write to AIT and ask the hearing to bring forward. Best to get lega ladvise.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:23 pm

Or move back to Burma to support your mother?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

vito0514

Re: UK SETTLEMENT VISA

Post by vito0514 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:20 pm

yeminkyaw
Newly Registered

Post by yeminkyaw » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:27 pm

Hello there, after my mum settlement visa refused in 2010 , applied visit visa refused, appeal and appeal lost on one reason when judge asked me how do you send money to my mother, I told judge that I couldn't send money to Myanmar bank becoz the rate of government is too low, which i mentioned at court £1 equal official rate Myanmar kyats around 9 kyats , outside rate 1300 kyats, but I didn't notice that government they changed official rate to outside rate same rate, judge checked after hearing about what I stated at court, I mention one thing wrong and everything I said was lied,appeal was lost, but I can prove about the government rate before and now from bbc website-
Did I confuse you by the way I explain? That was in 2012, now I am going to apply visit visa in 2015, as I am self-employed. What documents are required? I bought 3 bed room apartment in London on shared ownership plan , have 2 kids.
I bought a flat for her, she is still depending on me finically, I will go and visit her in jan 2015.. I will show money sending from western union, I am British citizen. I will show my saving acc from uk bank. But I would like to know that my mum need to show her saving account? I would like to get some advise From you guys again ... Thank you very much all I want is to get her here for 6 months I will send her back I might apply her visas again, she will always be in legal way...

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:41 pm

yeminkyaw wrote:Hello there, after my mum settlement visa refused in 2010 , applied visit visa refused, appeal and appeal lost on one reason when judge asked me how do you send money to my mother, I told judge that I couldn't send money to Myanmar bank becoz the rate of government is too low, which i mentioned at court £1 equal official rate Myanmar kyats around 9 kyats , outside rate 1300 kyats, but I didn't notice that government they changed official rate to outside rate same rate, judge checked after hearing about what I stated at court, I mention one thing wrong and everything I said was lied,appeal was lost, but I can prove about the government rate before and now from bbc website-
Did I confuse you by the way I explain? That was in 2012, now I am going to apply visit visa in 2015, as I am self-employed. What documents are required? I bought 3 bed room apartment in London on shared ownership plan , have 2 kids.
I bought a flat for her, she is still depending on me finically, I will go and visit her in jan 2015.. I will show money sending from western union, I am British citizen. I will show my saving acc from uk bank. But I would like to know that my mum need to show her saving account? I would like to get some advise From you guys again ... Thank you very much all I want is to get her here for 6 months I will send her back I might apply her visas again, she will always be in legal way...
I'm not sure you would be successful, since an intent to settle has been demonstrated. However it was a while ago so has to be worth a punt.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....