ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

home visit from immigration office

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lunatfr

home visit from immigration office

Post by lunatfr » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:10 pm

Hi All,
I am a naturalized UK citizen and my wife has applied for ILR after 2 years of dependant visa. We have been married and living together for more than 5 years. After submitting her ILR set(m) application we moved to a new address and could not contact the ILR office as I didn't knew their phone number. Since I had all my post redirected from old address wasn't too worried; thought the passport would be returned to my new address.
Just heard from previous landlord today that some one from immigration had visited my old address!!! Not sure what was that about and am worried like anything now. My wife's VISA expired in september 2014 and we had submitted the application before that by post and had received confirmation as well.

- Has anyone had any visits like this before? I have never heard any one visiting after applying for ILR.
- What could be the case? Is it always deportation team that visits home? Our journey had been quite straight forward till now(considering all the eligibility/finance criteria)
- What should i do next, write letter to their contact address provided in guidance notes?
- Should I prepare for anything(legal solicitors etc). My wife was pregnant during application and we had a baby since then, so not the best time for immigration hassle.

Would really appreciate any suggestions/advice.
Thanks

Obie
Ireland

Re: home visit from immigration office

Post by Obie » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:38 am

Your wife ought to have inform them of a change of address.

It appears something must have led them to believe that you do not live in the address you claim, and they came to confirm that such is the case.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

lunatfr

Post by lunatfr » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:27 pm

just called on their contact number and he could not find any records of anyone visiting! nor a biometric form has been sent yet. Looks like it was fraudster trying to get some money, unless the HO IT system is badly updated.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:33 pm

I will not come to such conclusion that easily.

Home Office System are not usually updated quickly.

Things like home Visit and reasons for this, have rights restricted.

If you moved to a new address without informing UKVI, then you ought to do so ASAP.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

lunatfr

Post by lunatfr » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:53 pm

Yes, I have updated the address now using their online form. odd the biometrics request hasn't been sent either comparing with how early other applicants on here have got it.