ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home Office Self employment Proofs To be Reatined

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

layla1234
Newly Registered

Home Office Self employment Proofs To be Reatined

Post by layla1234 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:23 pm

i Want to know how long we have to keep invoices and and self employment proofs for Home office ? I know for HMRC it is 6 years but if we discard invoices Etc after 6 years and in that case if home office require to see those invoices & self empolyment proofs at any stage after 6 years are we still liable to provide them ?

Its been more than 3 Years gone i stoped being self employed and after paying Tax i did not really cared for the invoices and lost most of them and my client contacts as well . so i am worried if any where especially on airport if they ask for these old proofs what will be my leg to stand on .

Are we legally exempt after certain period of time to discard these proofs and are not answer able of them Or we have to keep them tied with our legs for ever ?.

pleasee explain

Malik44

Re: Home Office Self employment Proofs To be Reatined

Post by Malik44 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:17 am

You don't need to worry about but it is always advisable keep safe your all documents until atlest you get British nationality.

layla1234
Newly Registered

Re: Home Office Self employment Proofs To be Reatined

Post by layla1234 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:36 pm

Malik44 wrote:You don't need to worry about but it is always advisable keep safe your all documents until atlest you get British nationality.
Thanks malik44 but can u let me know when by rules we can discard these proofs . u said until British nationality but what if home office demand any related document even after it ?. what is the time frame of retaining old proofs after when there is no liability to provide them on demand