ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR APPLICATION

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

diwas000007
Newly Registered

ILR APPLICATION

Post by diwas000007 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:36 pm

Hello i urgently need help. I am currently on ILR and my wife is on spouse visa(old rule) which expires on 17 May 2014. I have got a 1 yr old daughter who was born in uk and have a british passport.The question is i am currently working full time and my wife hasnt worked yet. I am getting child benefit for my child and CHILD TAX CREDIT. Will the CHILD TAX CREDIT I M RECEIVING EFFECT MY WIFE'S ILR APPLICATION? I DID CLAIM IN MY NAME FIRST BUT HAD TO FILL MY WIFE DETAIL AS WELL BECAUSE IT CLEARLY STATED THAT IT HAS TO BE CLAIMED AS A COUPLE. I DID THOUGH MENTION THERE THAT MY WIFE IS ON IMMIGRATION CONTROL AS IT STATES IN HER SPOUSE VISA : NO RECOURSE TO PUBLIC FUNDS. ALL THE PAPER WORK I HAVE HAS HER NAME INCLUDED AS WELL.( CHILD TAX CREDIT). WILL IT BADLY EFFECT HER ILR APPLICATION? CAN YOU HELP PLZ.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR APPLICATION

Post by Amber » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:34 pm

No there shouldn't be a problem.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

diwas000007
Newly Registered

Post by diwas000007 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:26 pm

Thanx for the reply...but could you please make it more clear....are you sure or is it just your assumption??

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:39 pm

Do you think I just make it up as I go along?

I suggest you read the guide (click) at page 17.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

joeaidus
Newly Registered

Post by joeaidus » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:41 am

Hi

My wife who is a british citizen has claimed working tax credit as a single person as she forgot to inform HMRC when I joined her.HMRC is asking us to pay back some over payment. can this situation affect my application and what can I do about it as my application is due next month.Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:09 am

No, it should not. Set up a repayment plan.

joeaidus
Newly Registered

Post by joeaidus » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:40 pm

Thanks Amber you have been very helpful.

joeaidus
Newly Registered

Post by joeaidus » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:34 pm

Please clarify this for me ie SET(M) question 8.6. I have seen on this forum various answers.My wife claims WTC,CTC and CB.Do I answer yes or no.
Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:06 pm

Yes and put them under partner.

joeaidus
Newly Registered

Post by joeaidus » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:31 pm

Thanks very much

joeaidus
Newly Registered

Post by joeaidus » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:32 pm

I am applying for ILR as spouse of a british citizen .I intent to do a PEO application.Am I required to bring my wife along for the appointment or a letter in support of my application will be enough.Also do I have to go with her passport or a copy of her passport.

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:03 pm

You should go together otherwise she must write a supporting letter and leave a contact number.

joeaidus
Newly Registered

Post by joeaidus » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:34 am

Thanks Amber .She is unable to go with me as she is working and she has no holiday now,we also have childcare issues .She will write the letter of support and leave her number also.Do I have to go with her passport or a copy of it?Thanks once again

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:06 am

Take the passport.

joeaidus
Newly Registered

Post by joeaidus » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:43 pm

Ok Thanks

joeaidus
Newly Registered

Post by joeaidus » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:02 pm

Hi

HMRC has stopped paying my wife CTC and WTC .We are in the process of negotiating a repayment plan. She stopped receiving it about two months ago. should I indicate what she used to receive under question 8.6 ie CTC and WTC.Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:38 am

No there is no need to it says current claim not previous doesn't it?

joeaidus
Newly Registered

Post by joeaidus » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:02 am

Yes you are right.Thanks

joeaidus
Newly Registered

Post by joeaidus » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:11 pm

I am glad to inform you guys that that my ILR applications was successful.You guys are great.I gathered from this forum that sheffield is a good place to apply and so I went there .They are polite and they really make u feel at ease .I highly recommend Sheffield you should be out of there maximum 2 and half hours .Thanks very much Amber your input was great. I appreciate that.

Joe

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:10 pm

Congratulations!

tahir228uk
Newly Registered

Post by tahir228uk » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:51 am

Hi,
I been reading your answers to everyone and found them very satisfactory. I got a few questions regarding my ILR so please if you could help me.
I was granted 3 yrs DLR in december 2008 as a result of my marriage to a british citizen and I was overstayed before that. Right after that I went back home and got stuck in a property dispute for 9 months. I came back and after 3yrs I was granted another 3yrs DLR in march 2012. Now my ILR is due in march 2015. I am working 24hrs and my wife is not working at the mo. She is claiming tax credits, CB and housing and council benefits with my name on as a part of my work. my questions are,
1. does these benefits effect in any way to ILR?
2. my stay for 9 months abroad matters, does it effect?
3. do I need life in uk test and koll for my ILR as I read this in( Guidance – Knowledge of language and life in the UK – version 15.0 Valid from 1 August 2014)page10.  Categories not subject to knowledge of language and life: indefinite leave: people applying for indefinite leave to remain following six years of discretionary leave.
I am desperately looking forward to your reply.
Regards..