ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fees payable for Interviews at embassies for the DV lottery

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

starfleet_hq
Newly Registered

Fees payable for Interviews at embassies for the DV lottery

Post by starfleet_hq » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:57 pm

Can someone please tell me when fees are payable and how much they are.

For instance a family of 2 adults and 2 children under 13.

Are the fees payable when you have passed the interview and will be issued with a green card.

Hoping it's not before, in the event you fail are the fees still payable?

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Administrator » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:20 pm

Hi --

Will you please read this website:

US Green Card Diversity Lottery
How Much Does the Lottery Cost?

There is no fee for entering the diversity visa lottery. If you win, you must pay a fee for an immigrant visa and a separate visa lottery surcharge.
Almost every question you have asked is answered there.

Notice that the green cards that will likely be issued for DV-2009 will be 55,000, rather than the 50,000 we based our estimates on from the DV-2008.

Doing a google search for "uscis diversity lottery" or "uscis green card lottery" and looking at government sites (rather than commercial) will give many other leads to more information.

Some questions you have asked (such as, how many applications are received from a particular country) cannot be answered until after the lottery is closed.

The U.S. State Department has not issued a press release on the program for this year (yet):

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2007/

But, the one from last year should give some answers, also:

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2006/72835.htm

When the government announces the DV-2009 & the details for it, it will be posted here:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants ... _1318.html

Until then, there are some links & information to let you guess & estimate the same as the rest of us.

All these government sites can be searched for "green card lottery" or "diversity lottery 2009" or "dv-2009" to find many more document links. Many are *.pdf files that can be downloaded & printed out.

the Admin

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:34 pm

Administrator wrote:.

Hi --

Will you please read this website:

US Green Card Diversity Lottery
How Much Does the Lottery Cost?

There is no fee for entering the diversity visa lottery. If you win, you must pay a fee for an immigrant visa and a separate visa lottery surcharge.
Almost every question you have asked is answered there.

Notice that the green cards that will likely be issued for DV-2009 will be 55,000, rather than the 50,000 we based our estimates on from the DV-2008.

Doing a google search for "uscis diversity lottery" or "uscis green card lottery" and looking at government sites (rather than commercial) will give many other leads to more information.

Some questions you have asked (such as, how many applications are received from a particular country) cannot be answered until after the lottery is closed.

The U.S. State Department has not issued a press release on the program for this year (yet):

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2007/

But, the one from last year should give some answers, also:

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2006/72835.htm

When the government announces the DV-2009 & the details for it, it will be posted here:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants ... _1318.html

Until then, there are some links & information to let you guess & estimate the same as the rest of us.

All these government sites can be searched for "green card lottery" or "diversity lottery 2009" or "dv-2009" to find many more document links. Many are *.pdf files that can be downloaded & printed out.

the Admin
Wow, you have a lot of patience, admin, to write all of that out. I cannot understand why he's asking about the fees when he hasn't even won, much less submitted the application forms. It could well be that the application fails because he mis-spelt his name or has photograph doesn't match...then all that reading would be in vain!

Anyway, starfleet....yes PLEASE visit the actual (official/gov't) websites and read the FAQs - they were created for people who have many questions, just like you.

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Administrator » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:19 pm

I made that post as a reference for all, not just starfleet.

Since we're coming up on the DV-2009 lottery in a few weeks, I suspect I (and maybe others) will be referencing this topic a few more times.

Also, we do have a half-way decent search function here, & I have puppy-dog hope that people will use it occasionally.

;-)

the Admin

starfleet_hq
Newly Registered

Post by starfleet_hq » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:24 am

Wow, you have a lot of patience, admin, to write all of that out. I cannot understand why he's asking about the fees when he hasn't even won, much less submitted the application forms. It could well be that the application fails because he mis-spelt his name or has photograph doesn't match...then all that reading would be in vain!

Anyway, starfleet....yes PLEASE visit the actual (official/gov't) websites and read the FAQs - they were created for people who have many questions, just like you.[/quote]

Sakura

There no harm in being prepared, still where do I found out about the costs involved. I have read many of the sites listed already.