ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Possible Reasons for refusal for ILR??

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ar_img

Possible Reasons for refusal for ILR??

Post by Ar_img » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:44 pm

Hi Guys,
One of the grounds for refusal for DV-ILR is if the applicant is currently the subject of a deportation order.

Question:
Is there a way of knowing if you are?

Situation:
My wife has already reported to the Home Office about our marriage breakdown and she has been replied to.
Thing is, I'm still working and various checks has been done on me by various companies and third parties by way of employment and no problem.
No (curtailment) letter too has been sent to all my previous addresses. I'm about to make my application on the grounds of domestic violence, so doing my checks before hand.

Question:
Is it possible for them to curtail ones leave and not inform them? No post etc
also
Is it possible to still be working even if your visa has been curtailed

Also, I've read about the documents one is required to produce when making DVILR application. Documents that would stand as evidence that the marriage broke down as a result of domestic violence. Thing is, I don't think I have those document, well not all of it. The only documents I have are:

- Letter from a mental health institution. Stating that I suffered from anxiety, depression etc.
- and another from the same institution, this time stating that I have the above as a result of my marriage breaking down.

Question
Will the above be sufficient?

I understand it would have been helpful if they stated it was as a result of domestic violence. But don't think one could control what is written in these letters. As I did state to them at the time what happened in the marriage., which had al the characteristics of domestic violence looking back now.
In addition to the above, at the time all this was happening. Didn't think I needed to take account of all the situations or involve 3rd parties like the Police, GP, domestic violence charities etc. Besides, I was optimistic things would get better and that she was going through a phase. How delusional I was.

Thanks for replies

pelen23

Re: Possible Reasons for refusal for ILR??

Post by pelen23 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:03 am

My understanding is your visa is invalid as soon as your marriage breaks down. Including living separately. The home office may not write you a letter if the relation has come to an end during your probationary period,however they would still expect you to live the country so I would not necessarily wait for a letter from them and thinking no letter means good news. Your spouse visa is given to you to live with our partner not for being separate and getting a job. Don't get me wrong I am only trying to explain it with the home offices perception. I think you need to report to the police and get a letter from the your doctor for domestic violence .

Once I was in your position , kinda similar situation but the only time the home office shows sympathy to your situation is if suffered from domestic violence and you can prove it. They would not care if my partner was stealing money or a fraudster which was my situation

Good luck

Ar_img

Post by Ar_img » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:12 am

Thanks a lot for your reply Pelen. Much appreciated.

I only moved out when I could not handle the effect it was having on me. Surely, I wasn't expected to leave the country because I moved out.

With regards to sympathy. I did suffer from domestic violence, hence the application. Issue is the evidence and fact that I didn't not report to the authorities about it. Figured I just "man up" about them all.

Please provide the grounds you were shown sympathy with regards your own application.

Thanks.

pelen23

Post by pelen23 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:17 am

Ar_img wrote:Thanks a lot for your reply Pelen. Much appreciated.

I only moved out when I could not handle the effect it was having on me. Surely, I wasn't expected to leave the country because I moved out.

With regards to sympathy. I did suffer from domestic violence, hence the application. Issue is the evidence and fact that I didn't not report to the authorities about it. Figured I just "man up" about them all.

Please provide the grounds you were shown sympathy with regards your own application.

Thanks.
I didn't even apply on that ground I mentioned. I was cheated, my id was fraudulently used by my partner my partner stole money from me and lost 25 kilos in 6 months cos of stress but the solicitor said that no domestic violence no irl and she said that domestic violence should be documented . I would look for other options to switch my visa before applying dvilr with lack of evidence. Can you switch your visa to a work permit? This is allowed if I am right.
Last edited by pelen23 on Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ar_img

Post by Ar_img » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:19 am

Hi there,

Your reply is not visible. Don't think you included it properly or you deleted in error

pelen23

Post by pelen23 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:24 am

Ar_img wrote:Hi there,

Your reply is not visible. Don't think you included it properly or you deleted in error
Sorry it was an error updated now

Ar_img

Post by Ar_img » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:41 am

pelen23 wrote:
Ar_img wrote:Thanks a lot for your reply Pelen. Much appreciated.

Thanks.
I didn't even apply on that ground I mentioned. I was cheated, my id was fraudulently used by my partner my partner stole money from me and lost 25 kilos in 6 months cos of stress but the solicitor said that no domestic violence no irl and she said that domestic violence should be documented . I would look for other options to switch my visa before applying dvilr with lack of evidence. Can you switch your visa to a work permit? This is allowed if I am right.
Based on research, I can't change or switch visa. It's not that I don't have evidence. I'm just worried the evidence I have is it strong enough.

So what ground did you apply on?

Chidiebube
Nigeria

Post by Chidiebube » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:31 am

Hiya,I am sad hearing your stories,its an established fact that men suffer domestic violence and bottle it up.I had the same experience,my application was refused and I'll be going for Judicial Review.I'm positive you guys were successful,please tell me about your application history.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:58 am

Chidiebube wrote:Hiya,I am sad hearing your stories,its an established fact that men suffer domestic violence and bottle it up.I had the same experience,my application was refused and I'll be going for Judicial Review.I'm positive you guys were successful,please tell me about your application history.
This topic is more than 2 years old. Please refrain from digging up old posts.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.