ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

meghankit

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by meghankit » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:18 pm

dear friends,
i really hope someone here knows answer to this question
i know that it has been asked in the forum before but i can not find the detail answer to it.
the question is as follows:
i have to apply for ILR on the basis of 10yrs in NOV14
the problem is that mine and my wife's visa runs out at the same time, so how should i go about it

i mean do i need to apply for different visa for my wife or i can apply FLR(M) at the same time as mine?

also does anyone knows what happens if you switch outstanding application i.e. i have applied for student visa but before my
biometric comes i will be eligible for ILR. will it be easy to switch application?

regards

ashphoenix
Newly Registered

Post by ashphoenix » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:24 pm

This is something you need to ask them over the phone. It had happened with me once (back in 2007 when I applied for my IGS visa) but they returned my documents with in 2 weeks of submitting my application. I don't know what's the current situation. So the moral of story is always check the forum about how to fill each and every section of the form. I personally know plenty of guys here asking minor questions in this forum and they filled their forms with the help of very supportive members of this forum.[/quote]

@Arsal385
Yeah I must've made some mistake but sent the payment page again just in the hope that they'll get that and process my payment. Anyway if docs/ form comes back next week (which am hoping they'll send back if I've made a mistake) then I can re-send yet again! This is really very frustrating!!

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:56 pm

meghankit wrote:dear friends,
i really hope someone here knows answer to this question
i know that it has been asked in the forum before but i can not find the detail answer to it.
the question is as follows:
i have to apply for ILR on the basis of 10yrs in NOV14
the problem is that mine and my wife's visa runs out at the same time, so how should i go about it

i mean do i need to apply for different visa for my wife or i can apply FLR(M) at the same time as mine?

also does anyone knows what happens if you switch outstanding application i.e. i have applied for student visa but before my
biometric comes i will be eligible for ILR. will it be easy to switch application?

regards
Once you complete your full 10 years you can vary your current application against the SET LR application and apply for your wife visa extension through FLR M application at the same time and mention in your covering letter to hold your wife application until your SET LR application is decided. HO will hold it and once you get your ILR your wife will also get 2.5 yrs or extension subject to the requirements that you must have to fulfill for both your SET LR and your partner FLR M applications.

saqib425
Newly Registered

Post by saqib425 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:22 am

Dear All,

Thanks to Al Mighty Allah .Today i have got my ILR...will update will all details inshallah tomorrow......

Malik

rosazeet
Newly Registered

Post by rosazeet » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:32 am

hi i m new to this forum and i m not an expert internet user. so please pardon any mistake.
my husband is applying set(LR) next month. i am also applying with him. i came in UK in jan 2010 as a tier 4 student dependent. i hav 2 children. one born in pakistan, other born in uk. both attending school and are under 10 years. i m working with 15000/year income and also passed A1 certificate from trinity college. i might need help at every step of application but before that i have few basic questions.
1) what application form should i use FLR(M) or FLR(FP)? one solicitor advised me i should use FLR(M) as i do not need to full fill financial req.( came in 2010 as dependent). while other solicitor said FLr(FP) as i have to meet financial requirements (april 2014 rules apply).

K4

Post by K4 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:03 am

just seen google drive I think HO started july cases as we have on approval named MALIK applied 8 July congrats malik pray for us plz 13 weeks not bad

K4

Post by K4 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:05 am

saqib425 wrote:Dear All,

Thanks to Al Mighty Allah .Today i have got my ILR...will update will all details inshallah tomorrow......

Malik
congrats saqib or as on google drive malik plz pray for us waiting. Freedom at last was your case complicated or straight forward??

freeman0410
Newly Registered

Post by freeman0410 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:16 am

Brother have faith in Allah, I'm sure he will not leave you alone. If you share your immigration history or anything you think is the reason for this delay share with members and I'm sure someone on the forum will be able to answer your question.[/quote]

Dear Brother ,
Thank you for reply , I didn't mean that sharing my immigration history or anything in this forum is the reason for delay of my result of my SET(LR) application . Now I have only one thing and that is faith in Almighty Allah .
Can anyone here please share their ILR success story which give us hope and rebuild our strength with the help of Allah .

saqib425
Newly Registered

Post by saqib425 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:41 am

Dear All Members,

As i promised yeserday i m informing you my all case history.. i would like to start from beginning so it will help my all other members.

till dec 2013 i had spend 9.5 year in uk law full with proper extension ...12th dec me n my mrs had applied for visa on the basis of 7 year child concession but they refused it on very next month with v.stupid reasons ..i got the right to appeal and i went to FTT . date i had received for hearing on 9th May 2014 and my 10 year was going to be completed on 31st May 2014.. i did not attend a hearing because in any situation i was confident that i will be completed 10 years even my appeal will refused..

on 2nd june i have withdrawn my appeal and submitted my long residency application on the same day... Now from here my problem was started... H/O voided my Mrs application and according to them we did not follow the right procedure of withdrawn of appeal so now they have got two applications and and my appeals right has been exhausted on 12th june... we received that letter on 7th july. H/O did not send me any letter Although we both applied together but i had applied for long residency n she was on FLM m ...

My solicitor called me on 7th n explain me all the situation and he confirmed me that as a precaution he is going to put another application because from 12th june (when all appeal exhausted) still we have got 2 days left ( fresh application within 28 days rule )..

8th july we put fresh application and 21st july we received Acknowledgement and 29th July i did Bio Metric.
8th Oct they wrote a Acceptance letter and we received 0n 10th Oct... BRP will be come within 7 days.

In the end of my note i am very thankful to Al Mighty who always help us and thanks to Shahji and Akram bhayee as well who always available to help others people..

Time line
Applied 08th July 2014
Acknowledgement 21st July 2014
Bio-metric 29th July 2014
Accepted 08th Oct 2014
received doc 10th Oct 2014

Thanks

Malik

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:21 am

rosazeet wrote:hi i m new to this forum and i m not an expert internet user. so please pardon any mistake.
my husband is applying set(LR) next month. i am also applying with him. i came in UK in jan 2010 as a tier 4 student dependent. i hav 2 children. one born in pakistan, other born in uk. both attending school and are under 10 years. i m working with 15000/year income and also passed A1 certificate from trinity college. i might need help at every step of application but before that i have few basic questions.
1) what application form should i use FLR(M) or FLR(FP)? one solicitor advised me i should use FLR(M) as i do not need to full fill financial req.( came in 2010 as dependent). while other solicitor said FLr(FP) as i have to meet financial requirements (april 2014 rules apply).
Hello Rosazeet ,

Welcome the forum ,
we will be more then happy to help you at every step as much as we can :P
Feel free to ask any question ,

Regarding the application form :- According to the home office guidance on FLR(M) Guidance Notes (Version 08/2014) - Page 8

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _08-14.pdf

You must meet the financial requirement
You need to meet the financial requirement if you made your first application to enter or
remain here as a partner after 9th July 2012, or if your last leave was granted as a partner of a
Relevant Points Based system migrant.

So you entered in UK before 9th july 2012 and you didn't extended your visa under pbs after that so you should not have to show the requirement of income threshold so you AND your son who born in Pakistan can apply for FLR(M)
OR
If your last leave was granted as partner of point base system then you have to show the minimum income threshold
so check your visa when u had your last extension and was it through point base system ..(.i guess it should be through point base system ) then you and your son who born in Pakistan has to fill FLR(FP) if you are not meeting the criteria of minimum income threshold which in your case £22400 , if you are meeting the criteria then you should apply flr(m)

The OR in the condition need to understand, according to my understanding although you coming before 9th july 2012 but if you had your current leave to remain under point base system then you should have to meet the income criteria
well

so still if it is confusing call home office and seek advice from them atleast to have an idea

key point you have to keep in mind at the time of application :-

As you said you are also applying with your husband , seems both visas are expiring same date , well you have to write a covering letter with your application that main applicant ( husband ) visa is also under process with you so they have to hold your file until your husband visa will be granted ,

You must aware of the APRIL 2014 rules wether you came here in this country before 9th july 2014 or after if you are applying through flr(m) then your and you son clock starts for ilr the day you will get your flr(m) visa and you have to wait for 5 years to eligible for ILR .

In case of flr(fP) , they will grant you 2 years visa first and your clock for the ilr will not start under this visa and then make sure you get the income criteria done as soon as you can ( you can add your husband income as well) then you apply flr(m) as soon as possible in order to start your clock of ILR which will be ( 2.5 yrs + 2.5 yrs= ILR eligible )

Your beloved son who born here don't need to apply with you under flr(m) or flr(fp) straight away he can apply as MN(1) after your husband granted ILR because he born here ..

English test requirement is perfectly fine , it is as per as rule :)

BEST OF LUCK
Hope its helps ,
if any one has got different opinion or suggestion please share here if possible with the links
Thanks
Regards ,
S.Akaram

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:34 am

@saqib425 ,

Our heartiest Congratulation :P Enjoy your freedom
Great Victory , After all ALLAH has blessed you with this victory
Great efforts ,
Thanks for sharing detial history of your case ,
Thanks for the complement

Regards ,
S.Akaram

rosazeet
Newly Registered

Post by rosazeet » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:02 pm

Shahkakaram wrote:
rosazeet wrote:hi i m new to this forum and i m not an expert internet user. so please pardon any mistake.
Hello Rosazeet ,

Welcome the forum ,
we will be more then happy to help you at every step as much as we can :P
Feel free to ask any question ,

Regarding the application form :- According to the home office guidance on FLR(M) Guidance Notes (Version 08/2014) - Page 8

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _08-14.pdf

You must meet the financial requirement
You need to meet the financial requirement if you made your first application to enter or
remain here as a partner after 9th July 2012, or if your last leave was granted as a partner of a
Relevant Points Based system migrant.

So you entered in UK before 9th july 2012 and you didn't extended your visa under pbs after that so you should not have to show the requirement of income threshold so you AND your son who born in Pakistan can apply for FLR(M)
OR
If your last leave was granted as partner of point base system then you have to show the minimum income threshold
so check your visa when u had your last extension and was it through point base system ..(.i guess it should be through point base system ) then you and your son who born in Pakistan has to fill FLR(FP) if you are not meeting the criteria of minimum income threshold which in your case £22400 , if you are meeting the criteria then you should apply flr(m)

The OR in the condition need to understand, according to my understanding although you coming before 9th july 2012 but if you had your current leave to remain under point base system then you should have to meet the income criteria
well

so still if it is confusing call home office and seek advice from them atleast to have an idea

key point you have to keep in mind at the time of application :-

As you said you are also applying with your husband , seems both visas are expiring same date , well you have to write a covering letter with your application that main applicant ( husband ) visa is also under process with you so they have to hold your file until your husband visa will be granted ,

You must aware of the APRIL 2014 rules wether you came here in this country before 9th july 2014 or after if you are applying through flr(m) then your and you son clock starts for ilr the day you will get your flr(m) visa and you have to wait for 5 years to eligible for ILR .

In case of flr(fP) , they will grant you 2 years visa first and your clock for the ilr will not start under this visa and then make sure you get the income criteria done as soon as you can ( you can add your husband income as well) then you apply flr(m) as soon as possible in order to start your clock of ILR which will be ( 2.5 yrs + 2.5 yrs= ILR eligible )

Your beloved son who born here don't need to apply with you under flr(m) or flr(fp) straight away he can apply as MN(1) after your husband granted ILR because he born here ..

English test requirement is perfectly fine , it is as per as rule :)

BEST OF LUCK
Hope its helps ,
if any one has got different opinion or suggestion please share here if possible with the links
Thanks
Regards ,
S.Akaram
Thank you for your detailed reply. I got my last extension in jan 2011 and on biometric card it says
PBS-Dependent. So I think I have to use FLR (fp). Correct me if I m wrong.
Second thing is that in our last extension we applied visa for our new born son as well along with other three members as I have to travel abroad for one month. Should I still not apply for uk born child with us?
Get ready for more question after this. thanks

october2013

Post by october2013 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:12 pm

october2013 wrote:
ctober2013 wrote:Hello House. Can you pls advise me.
I am a PBS dependant and my husband, son and I applied for FLR O 7 yr rule last yr which was declined. We appealed but lost. We then had a hearing. It's 3 months since the hearing and still waiting for the decision from the court.
In the meantime I have clocked 10 yrs. Am I able to apply for my ILR without the decision from the courts?
Also what type of letter can I get from my GP as they are sayin they don't give letters to the HO.
can I make an application by myself without a solicitor as we have already spent thousands of pounds on d FLR O app thru to the 2 appeals on solicitors fees
My hubby isn't able 2 apply for his ilr as he had a break during his stay so we are hoping that if I get my ILR, it would be easier for us all. Your advise is very much needed and welcome.
You can apply your ILR using SET LR application providing you have completed your full 10 yrs residency legally in this country. As you appeal period is covered under 3D then your current stay is legitimate and will be counted towards your 10 yrs legal stay in this country. You need withdraw your current appeal and apply SET LR application. But withdrawing appeal and apply a fresh SET LR application is a bit tricky so you need to ask a qualified solicitor about this process and act cautiously without creating any adverse effect on your long residency.
Thank you for the reply. We have already had the appeal hearing just waiting for the decision. We have been waiting for 3 months now so do I still need to withdraw or how does this work?[/quote]

Hello October2013,
just wondering if this link will do you any

thank you for your input. I have only had 1 passport since entry to the UK and The HO still have my passport from our FLR O application. I have just passed my life in the UK test and I also have a certificate from a UK institution. Is there any other documents I need for my application?
Someone said I need bills for the last 10 yrs (utilities/council tax etc) letter from my GP to prove how long I have been registered with the NHS ...is this correct?

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:20 pm

october2013 wrote:
october2013 wrote:
ctober2013 wrote:Hello House. Can you pls advise me.
I am a PBS dependant and my husband, son and I applied for FLR O 7 yr rule last yr which was declined. We appealed but lost. We then had a hearing. It's 3 months since the hearing and still waiting for the decision from the court.
In the meantime I have clocked 10 yrs. Am I able to apply for my ILR without the decision from the courts?
Also what type of letter can I get from my GP as they are sayin they don't give letters to the HO.
can I make an application by myself without a solicitor as we have already spent thousands of pounds on d FLR O app thru to the 2 appeals on solicitors fees
My hubby isn't able 2 apply for his ilr as he had a break during his stay so we are hoping that if I get my ILR, it would be easier for us all. Your advise is very much needed and welcome.
You can apply your ILR using SET LR application providing you have completed your full 10 yrs residency legally in this country. As you appeal period is covered under 3D then your current stay is legitimate and will be counted towards your 10 yrs legal stay in this country. You need withdraw your current appeal and apply SET LR application. But withdrawing appeal and apply a fresh SET LR application is a bit tricky so you need to ask a qualified solicitor about this process and act cautiously without creating any adverse effect on your long residency.
Thank you for the reply. We have already had the appeal hearing just waiting for the decision. We have been waiting for 3 months now so do I still need to withdraw or how does this work?
Hello October2013,
just wondering if this link will do you any

thank you for your input. I have only had 1 passport since entry to the UK and The HO still have my passport from our FLR O application. I have just passed my life in the UK test and I also have a certificate from a UK institution. Is there any other documents I need for my application?
Someone said I need bills for the last 10 yrs (utilities/council tax etc) letter from my GP to prove how long I have been registered with the NHS ...is this correct?[/quote]

Check the latest version of SET LR 10/2014 form for full requirements. Since your passport is with HO so you dont need to provide any evidence like GP, utilities/ council tax etc, this requirement is for those who have lost their passport. You simply explain this in your form and covering letter that HO already have your passport due to previous application/appeal.

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:39 pm

rosazeet wrote:
Thank you for your detailed reply. I got my last extension in jan 2011 and on biometric card it says
PBS-Dependent. So I think I have to use FLR (fp). Correct me if I m wrong.
Second thing is that in our last extension we applied visa for our new born son as well along with other three members as I have to travel abroad for one month. Should I still not apply for uk born child with us?
Get ready for more question after this. thanks

Thanks ,
yes if it was under pbs system ( means you came here in 2010 and in jan 2011 you applied your last extension through pbs) better apply flr(fp) if not meet the condition of income and flr(m) if meets the condition ...

Your son born here in this country , you don't need to apply this time as this is the routes towards settlement not for further leave to remain so yes you can skip him this time and read the guidance available for their link as well for more information [ i am telling you this from the previous expereinces of the members who did this before ]

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... e_2014.pdf

Most welcome with more question we have got so many valueable members to help any one with the best of their knowledge ...

Regards ,
S.Akaram

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:02 pm

how can you find google drive (spreadsheet) in the forum? Has anyone got idea regarding this?
jignesh

shareandcare80
Newly Registered

Post by shareandcare80 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:56 pm

Hi everyone I already have asked few question but i got one more question I would be grateful if anyone knws the answer
I actually varied my tier4 appliction for ilr on 1st of sep and im still waiting for my biometric letter to come through. My question is the documents I sent with tier4 will thry post back to me while the ilr is under process or they will send me back everything with the decision of ilr? Probebly someone whoes application has been varied like me they can share the personal experince or answer my question more easily.
Thank you and God bless you

jigars143
Pakistan

Driving Licence/Bank Statement and P60

Post by jigars143 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:55 pm

Dear Members

A question which I posted before but did not get any answer to it.

If I have a Driving Licence registered at a different address will this be a problem when i will apply for ILR?

And is it necessary to provide P60 for all 10 years, I have couple missing, will this be a problem?

And lastly, Do I need to submit bank statement with my documents or is this not necessary, my account is overdrawn for a while now and think that it will make a negative impression if I send it.

I will appreciate your help guys.

Thanks

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Re: Driving Licence/Bank Statement and P60

Post by Arsal385 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:26 pm

jigars143 wrote:Dear Members

A question which I posted before but did not get any answer to it.

If I have a Driving Licence registered at a different address will this be a problem when i will apply for ILR?

And is it necessary to provide P60 for all 10 years, I have couple missing, will this be a problem?

And lastly, Do I need to submit bank statement with my documents or is this not necessary, my account is overdrawn for a while now and think that it will make a negative impression if I send it.

I will appreciate your help guys.

Thanks
For SET LR application you just need to submit following documents and no driving license, no payslips.no P60 or bank statements.
All passports and biometric card
2 Passport size photos as per HO requirements
Life in the UK test result
English language requirement either by UK degree or HO approved Test result
Latest version of SET LR Application form
Fee of £1093
Photocopies of all documents above except blank pages of your passport and application form.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:30 pm

jignesh455 wrote:how can you find google drive (spreadsheet) in the forum? Has anyone got idea regarding this?
Here is the link

dessy33
Newly Registered

Post by dessy33 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:47 pm

Dear all,

Thanks to the almighty God for his mercies. I got my Ilr approval letter today

Thanks to everyone for their contributions on this wonderful forum

Please update my googledrive

Applied 04th July 2014
Bio-metric 22nd July 2014
Decision date 10th Oct 2014
Doc received 11th Oct 2014

Thanks
Dessy33

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:40 am

dessy33 wrote:Dear all,

Applied 04th July 2014

Thanks
Dessy33
Congratulation dude !
Enjoy your freedom
July is started ;)
Thanks for sharing this good news !!

Regards,
S.akaram

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:44 am

dessy33 wrote:Dear all,

Applied 04th July 2014

Thanks
Dessy33

congrats @Dessy33 amazing news

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:44 am

Hello Saqib425 brother,
What a news, after all that hassle, great news, well deserved. Many Congratulations to you and your family. Very happy for you, and thanks for sharing your experience, stay blessed. All the best.
Kind regrads
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:01 am

Good morning all valued members,
Just want to share a good news from one of our member who has forgotten his user name and ID, hence he has approached me to share his good news with you all, he has received his ILR and the decision is dated 03rd October 2014.
His application history was that he initially send his SET(LR) in June, along with his Mrs FLR(M), the payment on the FLR(M) application for the Mrs gone through fine, but his payment for SET(LR) had some issues and the application was returned by the Home Office,
he applied again on the 23rd of July,
acknowledgement recieved 25th July,
Biometric done 14th August,
and ILR issued 03rd October 2014.
Mrs FLR(M) still awaited.
We can call him ukilr786 as that is in his email, if some one can kindly update the google drive with his details.Many thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014