ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship/Naturalisation Help !!! spent 300 days out of UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

majidch
Newly Registered

Citizenship/Naturalisation Help !!! spent 300 days out of UK

Post by majidch » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:13 pm

Hi, I've been married to my British citizen husband for over 10 years, living abroad. We have moved to the UK in 29 MAY 2012. I got my ILR in DEC 2013 using premium service (could have applied as soon as I arrived in the UK according to the Spouse visa). At the time the officer told me that I can apply for Naturalisation after a year from receiving ILR (so DEC 2014). But I'm now reading information on UKBA saying that residence requirement is minimum 3 years. Am I exempt from this requirement due to being married to a British citizen for over 10 years but living abroad? Please advise. One more thing is that i already spent 300 days out of my current period so far but the limit was 270. What should be the process if u crossed this limit
* Note that after my ILR i only spent 70 days so far. Pls help
Thank you

John
United Kingdom

Re: Citizenship/Naturalisation Help !!! spent 300 days out o

Post by John » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:25 pm

Carry on discussion here :-

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 81815.html

This topic will now be locked.
John