ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child naturalisation of the father ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amitpatel1185
Newly Registered

Child naturalisation of the father ILR

Post by amitpatel1185 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:24 pm

I am applying for ILR in April 2015. My wife has to wait for another 3 year for ILR hence she is applying FLR. I would like to ask if I can register my daughter for naturalisation using MN1 form on basis of my ILR?
My plan is to get ILR same day service and then apply for her registration if possible.
She has born in UK in 2012.
your help would be great appreciated

John
United Kingdom

Re: Child naturalisation of the father ILR

Post by John » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:33 pm

Yes, once you have your ILR, an application for Registration as a British Citizen can be made for your born-in-the-UK child.

The application will be under section 1(3), which is an "entitlement" application ..... no UKBA discretion involved.
John

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:34 pm

amitpatel1185 wrote:I am applying for ILR in April 2015. My wife has to wait for another 3 year for ILR hence she is applying FLR. I would like to ask if I can register my daughter for naturalisation using MN1 form on basis of my ILR?
My plan is to get ILR same day service and then apply for her registration if possible.
She has born in UK in 2012.
your help would be great appreciated
Yes once you get your ILR in 2015 your daughter can apply naturalisation by using MN1 form.

MYA

Post by MYA » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:01 am

but the main problem is when you fill the form MN1 for Child registration as british citizen, what you will fill in 1.3 section ?????
it says write the date when the child got Indefinite leave to remain?????? how the child has ILR if he/she born in Uk please discuss it according to your understandings

Rule is perfectly fine with Section 3(1), but requirment in section 1,3 is confusing

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:25 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

amitpatel1185
Newly Registered

Post by amitpatel1185 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:04 pm

Thank you so much for the information.

maccdad
Newly Registered

Post by maccdad » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:18 pm

vinny wrote:N/A or blank.

So why was this section put in by the UKBA??, if they are only concerned by the parent(s) status?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:48 pm

The form is used for registration under multiple sections of the BNA. Therefore, some sections may not applicable to the applicant.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.