ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Premium Service

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

discovery2012
Newly Registered

ILR Premium Service

Post by discovery2012 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:35 pm

Hi,
I want to apply for ILR visa and my wife as dependent on me. I have passed the Life in the UK test but my wife has not pass yet Life in the UK test. Her exam is in 2 weeks from now. I want to book in advance so that I don't have to sit for long after her pass.So in case she fails and I book an appointment for 2 people for ILR one day Premium Service in advance. What will happen if my wife does not turn up on that day and I go with just with my application?

Subtle

Re: ILR Premium Service

Post by Subtle » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:22 pm

discovery2012 wrote:Hi,
I want to apply for ILR visa and my wife as dependent on me. I have passed the Life in the UK test but my wife has not pass yet Life in the UK test. Her exam is in 2 weeks from now. I want to book in advance so that I don't have to sit for long after her pass.So in case she fails and I book an appointment for 2 people for ILR one day Premium Service in advance. What will happen if my wife does not turn up on that day and I go with just with my application?
You are not going to be asked "where is your dependent" unless you mention her in your application form. So I presume you would be preparing two different application forms before going in for the appointment.

Although, she would need a valid visa to stay in the country, regardless if you have ILR or not.
The views and opinions expressed in this post are exclusively mine and must be assumed as advice only. These do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any representative of the UK Home Office.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:43 pm

Also remember that you pay the full fee when you book the appointment online so if you include your partner, that is a lot of money if she is not going to be able to go and then the time consuming process to get a refund.

I would only book once she has passed LIUK if she is also applying for ILR.
I want to apply for ILR visa and my wife as dependent on me
When you say this, do you mean she is applying for FLR(M) as spouse of person settled or for ILR??? She does not need LIUK if applying for FLR(M) but needs A1 English.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:04 pm

Also bear in mind that in addition to the Life in the UK test, B1 level English is required for both of you unless you have a degree taught in English or have nationality of an exempt country.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

discovery2012
Newly Registered

Post by discovery2012 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:17 pm

Thank you all for quick and clear response. I now know, what to do. Best regards.