ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pug23

Spouse Visa Documents

Post by pug23 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:01 pm

Hi All,

I hope you can help.
I will be applying for spouse visa at the end of this month Inshallah. I will be applying with 12 months statements with Category B non-salaried employment (I have been with my current employer for less than 6 months)
These are the documents I have so far:

-12 months payslips (from my previous job with an agency - these total just over £18600)
-12 months bank statements (these are to correlate with my payslips)
-Letter from Agency and payroll company confirming my employment and salary
-Contract of employment
-17k savings letter from the bank, as these savings are in a savings account I don't get monthly bank statements but the bank will write me a letter confirming the money has been there for over 6 months

-2/3 weeks payslips for my current job (this is just to show that I am in employment now - this job pays over 19k and is a temp role for around 6 months)
-letter from my current employer confirming that I am in employment and my salary amount
-Contract of employment with current employer

-copies of my passport
-marriage certificate + English translation
-photographs of marriage and a few after marriage
Cards sent to me for did/birthdays

-accommodation report from solicitor
-tenancy agreement
-letter from parents to say me and husband can live with them
-letter from housing association to say me and husband can live at property

-parents passport copies
-utility bills in parents name
-utility bills in my name
-mobile contract bills in my name

-snapshots of vibe, tango and Lyca bills to show contact between me and husband (6 months)
-plane tickets for when I went to see husband last year

-TOEIC test results for husband
-husbands passport
-Tb certificate

I think I have included everything here that I will be including in my application.

Would someone be able to tell me if this is enough information/documentation or is there anything missing??

Thanks for your help.

Rayking

Re: Spouse Visa Documents

Post by Rayking » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:17 pm

Bang on! And the visa is granted. :D

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:19 pm

The only thing I would add is to include your p60 and to take out the bank statements relating to your savings. Your income is enough so no need to rely on savings.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:28 pm

SoHopeful wrote:The only thing I would add is to include your p60 and to take out the bank statements relating to your savings. Your income is enough so no need to rely on savings.
Adding the savings wouldn't hurt the application, would it?at least if they have anything to complain about ( can't see any reason for that though) he can still fall back on his savings.
She's done good job I reckon!

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:13 pm

Don't disagree she's done a good job - the reason to advise removing the savings is to avoid confusion.

All UKBA employees are under the kosh to make speedy, quality, decisions. If they have concisely all the evidence they need in front of them they can make that decision much faster. Too little evidence is worse than too much - but too much can also confuse and delay.

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:15 pm

TOEIC test results for husband

TOEIC No longer accepted by UK please check i might be wrong

TOEFL and TOEIC tests are no longer accepted.Very recently BBC Panoram revealed how UK colleges fraud with English language testing system. It was kind of a proxy based exam system. Main candidate sit Down and another unknown person do their exam. They found TOEIC has been easiest approved English test to pass even if you don’t know any English with spending a little money.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:16 pm

zeeh wrote:TOEIC test results for husband

TOEFL and TOEIC tests are no longer accepted.Very recently BBC Panoram revealed how UK colleges fraud with English language testing system. It was kind of a proxy based exam system. Main candidate sit Down and another unknown person do their exam. They found TOEIC has been easiest approved English test to pass even if you don’t know any English with spending a little money.
Bless you for that!you're damn right, OP needs another test of English language so this doesn't ruin the whole thing.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:19 pm

MPH80 wrote:Don't disagree she's done a good job - the reason to advise removing the savings is to avoid confusion.

All UKBA employees are under the kosh to make speedy, quality, decisions. If they have concisely all the evidence they need in front of them they can make that decision much faster. Too little evidence is worse than too much - but too much can also confuse and delay.
Yeah you're right,at the end of the day we just want people to be happy without any refusal, I got your point. Thank you.

pug23

Post by pug23 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:13 pm

Rayking wrote:
zeeh wrote:TOEIC test results for husband

Bless you for that!you're damn right, OP needs another test of English language so this doesn't ruin the whole thing.
Thank you for this. However I don't know how true it is?

When my husband did the English test, there were a few others who did the test around the same time, and these people have recently had their visas issued.

I thought the Panorama on BBC was for the settlement visas within UK?

Would some one please be able to confirm?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:24 pm

Quote; 'Please note that TOEIC and TOEFL tests taken outside the UK will remain valid for entry clearance applications submitted outside the UK.'

These tests are only invalid if taken in the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

pug23

Post by pug23 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:26 pm

Casa wrote:Quote; 'Please note that TOEIC and TOEFL tests taken outside the UK will remain valid for entry clearance applications submitted outside the UK.'

Thank you!! That's so good to hear :D

Did you get this from the UKBA website?

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:31 pm

Casa wrote:Quote; 'Please note that TOEIC and TOEFL tests taken outside the UK will remain valid for entry clearance applications submitted outside the UK.'

Hi TOIEC exam as been removed from the new approved list of test providers, see the following government link;

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _tests.pdf

hope this clarifies the issue.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:41 pm

Yes, but not for tests taken outside of the UK as in this case.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:50 am

It seems the applicant might be called for an interview if there's any doubt or to proof himself.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:24 am

The information I posted is from the law firm Pennington Manches LLP
(Casa, not CR001)

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:12 am

Sorry didn't mean to sound negative... overkill with documents can cause unnecessary confusion and possibly that dreaded refusal!

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:25 pm

Casa wrote:The information I posted is from the law firm Pennington Manches LLP
The link I posted was from the government website which as of August will not accept any english tests other than the ones listed on the link. I'm certain of this as I know people who have been put on hold or refused because they submitted TOIEC test with visa.

pug23

Post by pug23 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:47 am

If I use cat b can I use my savings too?

Recalculations show that I earnt just under 18k :(

pug23

Post by pug23 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:15 pm

Can someone please help

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:56 pm

pug23 wrote:Can someone please help
the calculation for savings would be:

£16000 + 2.5* the amount you full under the financial requirement

BUT double check in the UKVI guidelines not 100% sure if its 16K; might be slightly less or more

pug23

Post by pug23 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:25 pm

Thank you for your reply. I have read on the website how much savings I need exactly, what I dont understand is because I am using category b and combining my income from two jobs can I then also use my savings? Or are savings not accepted when you apply using cat b?

pug23

Post by pug23 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:32 pm

Anyone?

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:01 pm

Savings can be combined with category B.

pug23

Post by pug23 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:18 pm

With cat b do the savings have to be in the account for 6 months or 12?

pug23

Post by pug23 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:58 pm

pug23 wrote:With cat b do the savings have to be in the account for 6 months or 12?
can someone help me with this please