ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice Needed*Barclay*

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

marshal8732

Advice Needed*Barclay*

Post by marshal8732 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:50 pm

Hi
I recently received email from Barclay asking in details about by business account.
The have asked me several questions like where I got the funds, and if the family member have provided funds whats there share percentage.

Is that normal , also is it possible that Home office have contacted Barclay to get this information from me.

Any advice on this will be helpfull

solace0
Newly Registered

Re: Advice Needed*Barclay*

Post by solace0 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:22 pm

Hi there! Arranged funds from friends and family last month through Barclays current account and applied under 50 k. Received a letter from Barclays stating they are closing my account under commercial act ... In 2 months time. Wrote a letter to them for considering their decision but no reply from them.

MTZ510
Member of Standing

Post by MTZ510 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:41 pm

Its Normal they have to take safeguard against money laundering etc.
I also received same letter and i replied to them on company's letter head that this is my source of fund and my explaining my business activity etc.

Home office has nothing to do with this.
marshal8732 wrote:Hi
I recently received email from Barclay asking in details about by business account.
The have asked me several questions like where I got the funds, and if the family member have provided funds whats there share percentage.

Is that normal , also is it possible that Home office have contacted Barclay to get this information from me.

Always help others..... it always come back to you.
Even if i know the answer ... i have this habit of confirming from others..

marshal8732

Post by marshal8732 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:29 pm

Hi
What will happened to the money if they were to close the account.
Can you be able to withdrew the amount from the account

Also would that close business and personal account or just Business account as I have both.

Also MTZ510 did you specify in your letter to Barclay where you got the funds.

solace0
Newly Registered

Post by solace0 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:34 pm

What will happened to the money if they were to close the account.
Can you be able to withdrew the amount from the account

Also would that close business and personal account or just Business account as I have both.

Also MTZ510 did you specify in your letter to Barclay where you got the funds.
If they decide to close the AC. They inform you and give you 2 months time to withdraw any a outstanding amount. So far, they just need explanation

solace0
Newly Registered

Post by solace0 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:43 pm

[quote="MTZ510"]Its Normal they have to take safeguard against money laundering etc.
I also received same letter and i replied to them on company's letter head that this is my source of fund and my explaining my business activity etc.

Dear MTZ510 !

Have you received any reply from the bank so far?
Secondly, at what address did you send them your letter please?
I also want to send them another letter for explaining the reason for doing these transactions into my personal account. Thanks

Jaggers

Post by Jaggers » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:51 pm

Dear Marshal,

I have business account with Llyods and I have received similar letter requesting for business transaction.

I assume this new checks against money laundering etc, nothing to worry about.

Good luck,
J

MTZ510
Member of Standing

Post by MTZ510 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:19 pm

To be honest i have no idea at which address i have sent the reply, they had provided a self address return envelope and some sort of questionnaire which i have answered. They asked for copies of share certificates and yes i have mentioned the source of funds.

I also received a phone call from them just before the last date confirming whether i have any problem in completing the questionnaire and i told them that i have already posted back to them.

solace0 wrote:
MTZ510 wrote:Its Normal they have to take safeguard against money laundering etc.

Dear MTZ510 !

Have you received any reply from the bank so far?
Secondly, at what address did you send them your letter please?
I also want to send them another letter for explaining the reason for doing these transactions into my personal account. Thanks

MTZ510
Member of Standing

Post by MTZ510 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:46 pm

How long your account was active ? did they asked you to submit any thing or they just told you that they are going to close account.

is it a limited company account?

solace0 wrote:Hi there! Arranged funds from friends and family last month through Barclays current account and applied under 50 k. Received a letter from Barclays stating they are closing my account under commercial act ... In 2 months time. Wrote a letter to them for considering their decision but no reply from them.