ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK test shelf life and changes since 2011:

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RedMoon

Life in the UK test shelf life and changes since 2011:

Post by RedMoon » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:57 pm

Hi all,

A couple of questions regarding Life in the UK test:

1) If I sit and pass Life in the UK test (a certain version of it) and then the question bank/areas of knowledge covered by the test are later changed when I come to apply for naturalisation does it mean I would have to sit a new test or is it valid indefinitely? If not how long after passing it is valid for?

2) I have both "Life in the UK" booklet and accompanying question bank from 2011. As the question bank is close book I aim for say 95% questions right. Did the test change significantly since 2011 so that I should buy new materials or 2011 booklet version should be enough to pass with getting couple of new questions wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Malik44

Re: Life in the UK test shelf life and changes since 2011:

Post by Malik44 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:29 pm

RedMoon wrote:Hi all,

A couple of questions regarding Life in the UK test:

1) If I sit and pass Life in the UK test (a certain version of it) and then the question bank/areas of knowledge covered by the test are later changed when I come to apply for naturalisation does it mean I would have to sit a new test or is it valid indefinitely? If not how long after passing it is valid for?

Life in UK test has no expiry

2) I have both "Life in the UK" booklet and accompanying question bank from 2011. As the question bank is close book I aim for say 95% questions right. Did the test change significantly since 2011 so that I should buy new materials or 2011 booklet version should be enough to pass with getting couple of new questions wrong?

its better to read latest version of book for Life in UK Test I think they made slightly some changes in material in 2013 by adding some chapters of history etc.
So you should have to buy new version of books to maximize the success book cost you only around £13 I believe.

Thanks for your help.

RedMoon

Post by RedMoon » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:39 pm

Big thanks for a reply regarding no shelf-life of the test. This means that I can essentially sit it now (and on the current fees) as I've got time and apply for naturalisation once my period of 5 years residence is completed in a couple of years.

As for 2011 materials: does anyone know whether these changes in history were significant (in terms of volume/proportion of the questions?).

Big thanks for a reply.

simply_the_best

Post by simply_the_best » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:47 pm

RedMoon wrote:Big thanks for a reply regarding no shelf-life of the test. This means that I can essentially sit it now (and on the current fees) as I've got time and apply for naturalisation once my period of 5 years residence is completed in a couple of years.

As for 2011 materials: does anyone know whether these changes in history were significant (in terms of volume/proportion of the questions?).

Big thanks for a reply.

i would advise you to buy the last version from.ebay and pay around 4 or 5 pounds for it as the changes could affect your passing % and you could still be loosing £50 and still need to buy after the new version. Of course the
decision is only yours..good luck

RedMoon

Post by RedMoon » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:58 pm

You are actually right. I just went on ebay and found pdf's for a pound (!).

For some reason I didn't even think of the "secondary" market on ebay.