ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English requirement for naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

naeemr
Newly Registered

English requirement for naturalization

Post by naeemr » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:10 am

My wife did MBBS from Allama Iqbal Medical College and degree awarded by Punjab University. Point based calculator gives 0 points for both Qualification and English.

I applied for NARIC letter for English Language Assessment. My question is it enough to prove English requirement or we have to provide the MBBC equivalence NARIC letter in addition to English Language Assessment.

t123456789

Re: English requirement for naturalization

Post by t123456789 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:22 am

English Language Assessment according to the casework guidance (page 36).
An English Language Assessment (ELA) from UK NARIC, which will confirm that the degree was taught in English. UK NARIC will only issue an ELA where they are satisfied that the qualification is comparable to a UK Bachelor’s degree.

Or

A Statement of Comparability (SoC) from UK NARIC confirming the qualification is equivalent to a UK qualification. They must also provide an original letter from the university or awarding institution on official headed paper, confirming the applicant’s name, the title of the degree, and that the qualification was taught in English.