ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SMS - Cant find my details

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier2_applicant

SMS - Cant find my details

Post by tier2_applicant » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:21 pm

Hello,

My HR received today the login and password for the Sponsorship Management System - they had misplaced these as they had never used them before.

The reason for requesting these is that my Tier2 General visa expires in January 2015 and I need to put in an application for extension. I had 3 questions that I hope that you can answer:

When my HR went into the 'Workers' section for the SMS, they coudnt find my details using my passport number etc. We cant locate the old CoS number to try and find my details on the SMS. Does anyone know how we can find the details. Should they exist on SMS for me as the sponsored worker?

Additionally, when we looked at the Sponsor's license details, the last section is listed as Tier 2 (General) with the Rating as A rating and expiry date(use by) as April 2012. What is this expiry date, does someone know ?

How do I know if my organisation has got any allocation for assigning the new CoS for my extension? We could get into the Create and Assign CoS section but how do we know if there is an allocation available?

I will really appreciate if someone can answer these questions.

Thank you

sahilxtyagi
Newly Registered

Re: SMS - Cant find my details

Post by sahilxtyagi » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:30 pm

Hi,

Response to Question 1- Your old COS is mentioned in your BRP.

Question 2 - Your HR can call Tier 2 helpline to resolve such queries.

Question 3- Your HR can call Tier 2 helpline to resolve such queries.

Thanks,
V

tier2_applicant

Re: SMS - Cant find my details

Post by tier2_applicant » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:46 am

vivek_tyagi12,

Thanks for your replies.

I realised that we couldn't find my details on the workers section as we were using my new passport number to search for them while my initial Tier 2 visa was granted on the old passport.

My HR did phone the UKVI and their response was that we could apply for CoS allocation, although we could use the old Cos for the extension application. My HR and I both found this bit confusing - how can an old CoS used for the initial application be used for the extension of the Tier2 General ?

I hope someone can clarify here.

Thanks,