ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

confusing email from British High Commission Islamabad

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smallfamily27
Newly Registered

confusing email from British High Commission Islamabad

Post by smallfamily27 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:45 pm

Hi everyone

We applied for the spouse visa back in January. Got refused in March then we appealed. We have got the court date which is sometime in January. However today I received an e-mail from British High Commission Islamabad which is confusing coz it says "You will be contacted by the Visa Application Centre when your passport and documents are ready for collection" but the point is they haven't got my wife's passport. I filed the appeal paper work here from the UK.

Came from: (ISLAMVisaInfo@fco.gov.uk)
Subject: Update on your UK visa applicatio​n (GWFxxxxxxxxx)

Here is the e-mail as below. So can someone pls shed some light or share their experience.

Dear Customer,

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE. THIS MAILBOX IS NOT MONITORED.
This is an email to confirm that your UK visa application has been processed and will now be returned to the Visa Application Centre.
You will be contacted by the Visa Application Centre when your passport and documents are ready for collection. Please do not go to the Visa Application Centre before they have contacted you.
You are reminded that you should avoid making travel plans until you have collected your passport.
If you need to contact us you can do so via our International Enquiry Service at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk
Kind regards,
UK Visas and Immigration
British High Commission Islamabad
www.gov.uk/ukvi
UK Visas and Immigration is an operational command of the Home Office

maniani
United Kingdom

Re: confusing email from British High Commission Islamabad

Post by maniani » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:35 pm

smallfamily27 wrote:Hi everyone

We applied for the spouse visa back in January. Got refused in March then we appealed. We have got the court date which is sometime in January. However today I received an e-mail from British High Commission Islamabad which is confusing coz it says "You will be contacted by the Visa Application Centre when your passport and documents are ready for collection" but the point is they haven't got my wife's passport. I filed the appeal paper work here from the UK.

Came from: (ISLAMVisaInfo@fco.gov.uk)
Subject: Update on your UK visa applicatio​n (GWFxxxxxxxxx)

Here is the e-mail as below. So can someone pls shed some light or share their experience.

Dear Customer,

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE. THIS MAILBOX IS NOT MONITORED.
This is an email to confirm that your UK visa application has been processed and will now be returned to the Visa Application Centre.
You will be contacted by the Visa Application Centre when your passport and documents are ready for collection. Please do not go to the Visa Application Centre before they have contacted you.
You are reminded that you should avoid making travel plans until you have collected your passport.
If you need to contact us you can do so via our International Enquiry Service at http://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk
Kind regards,
UK Visas and Immigration
British High Commission Islamabad
http://www.gov.uk/ukvi
UK Visas and Immigration is an operational command of the Home Office
First of all please confirm that the GWF number written in email is yours or not because maybe they have send this email by mistake.

smallfamily27
Newly Registered

Post by smallfamily27 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:58 pm

I have checked all my paperwork but there is no GWF number anywhere. I have got a totally different reference number since the first day.

maniani
United Kingdom

Post by maniani » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:03 pm

smallfamily27 wrote:I have checked all my paperwork but there is no GWF number anywhere. I have got a totally different reference number since the first day.
Its mean that that this email is for someone else, not for you if GWF number is different from yours number.

smallfamily27
Newly Registered

Post by smallfamily27 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:54 am

Hi

Now, today my wife received a call from Gerry's office Lahore... they did confirmed her name and asked her to collect her passport and docs back. My wife told them that she already collected her docs and passport back in March sometime. The staff replied that they have received some post from the UK embassy for her to collect.

Its really confusing coz we have all the docs and the passport. I have got her court date which is in January for her spouse visa appeal. So my question... is there any chance that home office sent her a letter through Gerry to let her know that they have reversed their decision? Does home office do that? Thanks in advance

khawaja9
Newly Registered

Post by khawaja9 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:52 pm

smallfamily27 wrote:Hi

Now, today my wife received a call from Gerry's office Lahore... they did confirmed her name and asked her to collect her passport and docs back. My wife told them that she already collected her docs and passport back in March sometime. The staff replied that they have received some post from the UK embassy for her to collect.

Its really confusing coz we have all the docs and the passport. I have got her court date which is in January for her spouse visa appeal. So my question... is there any chance that home office sent her a letter through Gerry to let her know that they have reversed their decision? Does home office do that? Thanks in advance
Hope for the best.