ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M, Query from Homeoffice

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rehan78
Newly Registered

FLR M, Query from Homeoffice

Post by rehan78 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:12 pm

Hi, I got my ILR on 10 years long residence basis in Jan 2014 and I sent my wife's FLR m application in Aug 2014, today I got a letter from home office stated that,
"You will have to satisfy the financial requirement set out on Appendix FM 1.7"

I already sent mine and my wife's P60s and wage slip, what else they want from me ?

Waiting for reply :roll:
Rehan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR M, Query from Homeoffice

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:44 pm

Did you complete the relevant section of the form 'Section 7A - Financial Requirement' and do you meet the minimum requirement of £18,600pa?

How much/many months evidence have you provided to show you meet the requirement??

As an aside, you should have applied for your wife before April 2014 as now she will need to wait 5 years before she can apply for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rehan78
Newly Registered

Post by rehan78 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:53 pm

Thankx CR001 for quick reply, I sent 3 wage slips of mine and p60s of mine and my wife,
my annual income according to p60 was 17400 and my wife's income was 4000. p60 of years 2013/2014.
and yes due to some problems I could not submit my wife's application before April .
do they need 6 months wage slip of both of us ?
Is there any chance that they give 2 years visa to my wife so I don't need to wait for 5 years ?

Thankx
Rehan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:58 pm

You would have needed to provide much more than 3 months and payslips for your wife as you alone do not meet the financial requirement. Perhaps a mod can advise better re both incomes being taken into account. Have you read the FM guidance??

No, she will be given an initial visa for 33 months and this will need to be extended for another 33 months before she can apply for ILR. For each stage, you have to meet the financial and English requirements and then LIUK for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:08 pm

Both incomes are considered but you should submit a minimum of 6 months payslips for your both + bank statements.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:29 pm

Also you wife will not get 2 years but 33 months.

If you wanted her to get ILR sooner, you should have done the switch before April 2014.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors