ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR- Employer Letter Clarification

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chitrak
Newly Registered

ILR- Employer Letter Clarification

Post by chitrak » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:45 am

I propose to immediately submit my application in SET(O) form for ILR, since I have just completed 5 years of employment with work permit in UK.
The letter given by my employer has stated the dates I am employed from and to instead of stating that I am still needed, as mentioned in the application form for ILR.
However the "to" date is upto September 2008.
Will that letter be sufficient, or should the letter specifically mention that " she is still needed"?
Kindly clarify.
Chitra

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:47 am

NO because they want to know how you plan to support yourself after ILR. Go back and get the letter changed

chitrak
Newly Registered

Post by chitrak » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:06 am

Thank you for the posted reply.
Since the letter states that my employment is upto September 2008, is it not obvious that I am still needed, and that after ILR also i will be getting salary from that job.
Please clarify.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:29 am

chitrak wrote:Thank you for the posted reply.
Since the letter states that my employment is upto September 2008, is it not obvious that I am still needed, and that after ILR also i will be getting salary from that job.
Please clarify.
I think that it will be ok like that. It is always better to be vague and say still needed. To have an end date is just weird to me when you have already worked for the employer for a number of years, that he would write its just one year more unless it is more like a contractor job/

chitrak
Newly Registered

Post by chitrak » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:38 am

It is a contracted job for 2 years, and not a regular job. I have been on contracted jobs only all these years, but without any break.
Does that change the situation?
Chitra

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:14 am

chitrak wrote:It is a contracted job for 2 years, and not a regular job. I have been on contracted jobs only all these years, but without any break.
Does that change the situation?
Chitra
then it makes sense though, that is not how wp works, you are on hsmp?

chitrak
Newly Registered

Post by chitrak » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:52 am

No. I came on a contracted job, and later changed jobs.
Chitra

IMMIGRATION LAWYER
United Kingdom

Post by IMMIGRATION LAWYER » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:35 pm

Hello,

No good. Ideally, your employer shold say that that you are still needed and they wish to employ you for a foreseable future...

chitrak
Newly Registered

Post by chitrak » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:13 am

Does it mean that if the employer refuses to mention in the leter specifically the words "she is still needed", my application will be rejected?
The fact that the letter dated August 21st, 2007 mentions that my employment is from October 2006 to September 2008, and the fact that i am still employed implies clearly that I am still needed.