ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HO MARRIAGE RECOGNITION!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zee_aziz
- thin ice -

HO MARRIAGE RECOGNITION!

Post by zee_aziz » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:07 am

HI THERE
JUST WANT TO KNOW THAT:
I WANT TO BE AN INTERNATIONAL STUDENT DEPENDANT, WE MARRIED LEGALLY IN PAKISTAN (GOT MARRIAGE CERT), LAST TIME SOMEBODY TOLD ME HERE THAT WE WILL HAVE TO APPLY FOR COA INDIVIDUALLY AND THEN AFTER HAVING REGISTERED OUR MARRIAGE I WOULD BE ABLE TO BE HER STUDENT DEPENDANT AS HOME OFFICE DO NOT ACCEPT MARRIAGE OVERSEAS ONCE YOU ARE IN UK....OK!
NOW ON THE OTHER HAND.....
WHEN WE APPLY FOR ENTRY CLEARANCE IN PAKISTAN W/O HAVING UK REGISTERED MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE....THEN ECO ACCEPTS PAKISTANI MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE AND PERSON WHO WANT TO BE A DEPENDANT CAN HAVE HIS/HER STATUS CHANGED.

I WOULD LIKE TO PUT ONE LINK HERE FROM UKCOSA WEBSITE:
http://www.ukcosa.org.uk/pages/your_family.htm#introsp
Spouse
Your spouse is a person to whom you are legally married. If your marriage is recognized in your own country, then UK immigration officials will accept that you are married to your spouse. If you have more than one spouse, only one can be with you in the UK. There is no provision under the UK Immigration Rules for you to be in the UK with an unmarried partner as your family member.

AND THIS AS WELL

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/docume ... iew=Binary

THANK YOU
ZEE_AZIZ

magsi23
Member of Standing

Re: HO MARRIAGE RECOGNITION!

Post by magsi23 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:43 am

zee_aziz wrote:HI THERE
JUST WANT TO KNOW THAT:
I WANT TO BE AN INTERNATIONAL STUDENT DEPENDANT, WE MARRIED LEGALLY IN PAKISTAN (GOT MARRIAGE CERT), LAST TIME SOMEBODY TOLD ME HERE THAT WE WILL HAVE TO APPLY FOR COA INDIVIDUALLY AND THEN AFTER HAVING REGISTERED OUR MARRIAGE I WOULD BE ABLE TO BE HER STUDENT DEPENDANT AS HOME OFFICE DO NOT ACCEPT MARRIAGE OVERSEAS ONCE YOU ARE IN UK....OK!
NOW ON THE OTHER HAND.....
WHEN WE APPLY FOR ENTRY CLEARANCE IN PAKISTAN W/O HAVING UK REGISTERED MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE....THEN ECO ACCEPTS PAKISTANI MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE AND PERSON WHO WANT TO BE A DEPENDANT CAN HAVE HIS/HER STATUS CHANGED.

I WOULD LIKE TO PUT ONE LINK HERE FROM UKCOSA WEBSITE:
http://www.ukcosa.org.uk/pages/your_family.htm#introsp
Spouse
Your spouse is a person to whom you are legally married. If your marriage is recognized in your own country, then UK immigration officials will accept that you are married to your spouse. If you have more than one spouse, only one can be with you in the UK. There is no provision under the UK Immigration Rules for you to be in the UK with an unmarried partner as your family member.

AND THIS AS WELL

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/docume ... iew=Binary

THANK YOU
ZEE_AZIZ

Your Marriage certificate in Pakistan (English translated) should be sufficient for Dependent of Student.
Magsi

IMMIGRATION LAWYER
United Kingdom

Post by IMMIGRATION LAWYER » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:45 pm

Exactly

busubi

Post by busubi » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:18 pm

When we was applying for a spouse visa, we sent our Japanese wedding cert to the British consulate in Japan, they then translated it and sent an original and the translation to the GRO (general Records Office) back in the UK. Ofcourse they don't do this for free and my experience is not of Pakistan, but surely it would be a similar process.