ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Last minute questions - ILR under TIER2

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Simplyhuman

Last minute questions - ILR under TIER2

Post by Simplyhuman » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:11 pm

Hi all/gurus/experts,

Last minute question for ILR in person application next week, please if you can confirm/advise?

I'm applying under TIER 2, where 5 years completing on 3 Nov and I'm applying within 28 days before that date.

Link to SET(O)
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07-14.pdf
  • 1. On PAGE 18 in the SET(O) form, could you advise about the SOC code and the current rate of pay, what should I fill in the "Current rate of pay" field? I'm guessing it's what's my current salary p.a. is; am I right in thinking it's NOT the 'appropriate salary amount' for the SOC Code which I need to fill here? As it says 'current'. AND am I fine with just completing the ANNUAL salary field and the WEEKLY hours, as others don't apply?
  • 2. On PAGE 21 in the SET(O) form, it asks about the 'Date of entry to UK', but it also says that this date is the entry/start date of the qualifying period i.e. 5 years of my TIER 2. Do I fill the start date of my TIER 2 from 2009 in this field? And NOT the date of my first ever entry in the UK,which was in 2007 ?
Thanks for looking and will appreciate your responses for the above questions.

Latecarrot

Re: Last minute questions - ILR under TIER2

Post by Latecarrot » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:00 am

Hi,

I have my appointment next month too.

For 1, I believe it is your current salary (which should be backed up by a letter from your employer) and for 2 i believe it should be the date which the initial tier 2 was issued.

Hopefully one of the gurus can clarify for us.

good luck!

Simplyhuman

Post by Simplyhuman » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:35 pm

Latecarrot wrote:Hi,

I have my appointment next month too.

For 1, I believe it is your current salary (which should be backed up by a letter from your employer) and for 2 i believe it should be the date which the initial tier 2 was issued.

Hopefully one of the gurus can clarify for us.

good luck!
Thanks,

I thought that was the case, hence have gone with that info in those fields.

It'll be nice if someone more experienced/expert could confirm this too here :)

Good luck to you too !!!

subs2002
Newly Registered

Post by subs2002 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:09 pm

Hi,
I have done my masters in computer management (M.C.M) from Pune University. I have got my ILR due (tier 2 ICT) soon. I understand, i have to prove that the MCM curriculum was indeed in english. Someone advised me if I can get it listed on the UKBA point based calculator (10 points for English language), I just need to take a print of that and that would suffice. I have already approached NARIC but they have asked me to get a letter from the awarding institute (pune university) that the course was in english, and then they can validate and approve.
Can someone please help me in case you have had a similar situation?
Thanks in advance for your help.

bhp

Post by bhp » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:43 am

Even Naric will charge you £100+ for their certificate and you still have to go through the hassle of getting letters of India.

I suggest you take the ESOL entry level 3 exam, it is very easy, 5 mins of listening and 5 mins of speaking. My wife took the exam for our ILR and she said it was extremely easy and cakewalk for her. Go with Trinity college for the exam (they charge £145 I think).

Regards,
BHP

subs2002
Newly Registered

Post by subs2002 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:56 pm

Thx BHP.