ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone can help me about applying non-eea residence card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dime6
Newly Registered

Anyone can help me about applying non-eea residence card

Post by dime6 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:22 am

I have a simple question hope anyone here can help me. I would like to apply a non-eea residence card form EEA2, I have read about the advantages/priveledges of having a non-eea residence card for traveling together with an eea spouse/family, without applying a schengen visa. I am married to a british citizen wife 2 years ago and living together here in the UK ,she's a national of the Philippines originally but got her British citizenship by naturalisation 7 years ago. She's not a born european person someone who's living in france, germany etc. and moved to the U.K.. But as a naturalized british citizen and having a british passport and can travel freely to any EU countries she is now part of the eea or European Economic Area because UK is simply included in EEA. Now is it applicable for me to apply a non-eea residence card? By the way I am a Philippine citizen.
Last edited by dime6 on Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:49 am, edited 3 times in total.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Anyone can help me about applying non-eea residence card

Post by Jambo » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:27 am

No.

In general, in your home country you are not treated as a EEA citizen but under the national rules. So family members of British citizen in the UK are not considered family member of EEA national. If you would be living somewhere else in Europe, this would apply (as this will not be the home country).

Having said that, as a family member of British citizen, you can apply for a Schengen visa free of charge.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Jellybean105 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:43 am

If my husband and I (living in the UK via ss route) wanted to travel in Europe would he be able to travel on his Ireland EEA resident card as long as its valid for, because that wouldn't be our home country?
Moved to Ireland: Feb 13
UK FP: Granted November 13
Ireland RC: Granted Feb 14
Returned to the UK: Feb 14
Applied for EEA2: 18th March 14
EEA2 Rejected: October 14 (re-submitted docs)
EEA2 Granted: December 14 (valid till 2019!)

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:50 am

Yes although if you have a UK issued RC (based on SS), that could be used in lieu of a Schengen visa. No need for the Irish one.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)