ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mizanbg
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by mizanbg » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:12 am

Thank you for reading and answering the questions: Attention to Shahjee and S. Akram.[/color]

1. Once my ILR (LR) is granted What will happen if I do not meet the income threshold for my wife flr (m) application? Would she be able to apply in any category? Are they going to refuse her visa?
2. I have to children born here, so they will get naturalisation without any issues based on my settlement, I believe. So what will happen to their mother?

I think there are many people out there in my situation, so the good advice will help other members too.

Thank you for your answers.[/color]

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:04 am

ali45 wrote:Hi everyone
All brother and sister who sending or already sent their ILR app,kindly also mention that are they send their app 28days before their 10 years completed many thanks
what is the point of mentioning that if the law itself clarify that you could send your application 28 days before completion of your legal time.

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:55 am

Ramos wrote:Hi Guys

I have already posted my application background here before.

12/09/2014 : Applied for ILR (LR) 4 months early ( Varied Application waited for decision of entrepreneur more than year )
16/09/2014: Received Acknowledgement Letter & fees already deducted.
I was told by my lawyer that as i varied my application so i won't be giving BIOMETRIC again n they will use it from previous application. One month has already been passed. For 28 days before 10 years will be in mid of December.
I am waiting for my fees returned for previous application and also documents.

All i want to to know about biometric that if you vary ur application , Do we have to give biometric again ?
And any experiences you can share of early applicants

Regards

Sergio Ramos

Hello Ramos ,

Bro , your case is very important for the members of the forum ... I personally know few cases in this forum and off line who are in exactly same situation like you were ... And left with only few months or more then 28 days to their 10th anniversary , so please keep updating the forum ..it will help lot of members who wants to know the outcome of your case ...

But generally speaking applying more then 28 days before 10th anniversary seems you have stop your clock your own before it's strike to your 10th anniversary !! Because in set(LR) you are applying for 10 year long residency however there are so many ways to win a appeal or by applying again fresh but still I never seen a single case like this ... So please be positive and keep updating us ...

Wish you all the best
Regards ,
S.akaram

moonwalk30

Post by moonwalk30 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:44 am

Ramos wrote:Hi Guys

I have already posted my application background here before.

12/09/2014 : Applied for ILR (LR) 4 months early ( Varied Application waited for decision of entrepreneur more than year )
16/09/2014: Received Acknowledgement Letter & fees already deducted.
I was told by my lawyer that as i varied my application so i won't be giving BIOMETRIC again n they will use it from previous application. One month has already been passed. For 28 days before 10 years will be in mid of December.
I am waiting for my fees returned for previous application and also documents.

All i want to to know about biometric that if you vary ur application , Do we have to give biometric again ?
And any experiences you can share of early applicants

Regards

Sergio Ramos
Why not call HO and ask the question reg your Bio invitation that you haven't received as yet?

They will be able to tell you if you need to do Bio again or not but only if your LR application has already been registered as a valid application on HO's system. And, if your application has been registered as a Valid application then it will not be returned as invalid application by case worker at any later stage. It will only be an approval or refusal when it comes to the stage of making any decision by the case worker.

You will need HO ref number when calling them for Bio, you will find that reference No on all the previous approval letters that you have had received with your previous visa extensions.

In my opinion, you will need to do Bio again as HO only accepts less than 6 months old photos and your facial image taken in your previous Bio enrollment obviously does not fulfill that requirement.

Ahmed Khan
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmed Khan » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:18 am

Congratulations to all who have received their approvals .

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:03 am

mizanbg wrote:Thank you for reading and answering the questions: Attention to Shahjee and S. Akram.[/color]

1. Once my ILR (LR) is granted What will happen if I do not meet the income threshold for my wife flr (m) application? Would she be able to apply in any category? Are they going to refuse her visa?
2. I have to children born here, so they will get naturalisation without any issues based on my settlement, I believe. So what will happen to their mother?

I think there are many people out there in my situation, so the good advice will help other members too.

Hi mizanbg,
Answers to your questions are
1. If you can't meet the income threshold for your Mrs than she can apply FLR(FP) but mind it any time spend on that visa will not count towards her settlement, so you need to convert that to FLR(M) as soon as possible after fulfilling the criteria regards to income and English at level A1.
2. Your children can apply for register action as British citizens through form MN1, and it's not a problem at all. I have already explained regards to your Mrs.
Please feel free to ask if you have any other questions.
All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:11 am

Miangee wrote:Hi
Shah gee bhai
In my experience it's only ur luck and case worker mod if he accept u in old rules
As u know I have been victim one of bad and untrained case worker in Croydon as I have applied my wife ILR on the bases of 287 after my ILR on long residency and as she has got 2 years visa and was applied that before April even and she was here from last 8 years but last month case worker refused her ILR and cancelled my wife 2 years spouse visa saying that it was error and gave her 29th month spouse visa which I don't know which category but I m sure he was one of worst case worker ever in history of ukvi who does not know any rules
Anyways I have send reconsideration request with a All rules print out let see what happened but I have lost 1493.00 with out getting anything due to these everyday changes of rules
Hi Miangee,
Long time no see, good to hear from you. I seriously thought that by now you would have a positive result from your reconsideration application for your Mrs. Frankly regards to your Mrs case it was a very exceptionally incompetent case worker, and I hope that you get a positive results soon.
Please do keep us posted.
Kind regards
Shahjee

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:38 am

Ramos wrote:I was told by lawyer a week ago that you won't be giving biometric Plus if there was any biometric issued , it would have been in my hand till now . So i was just curious about it.

I know many people are waiting for my outcome. Come across many users with the same process applying early. Many said they will consider date of decision and few suggested that they will consider date of application. Many people said that it takes three to four months to reply so i might not get a reply before my time completes which is mid January (Mid December 28 days before)

Regards
Hi Ramos,
I have been quietly reading all the comments on your case, and frankly don't know what to make of it. It is mind boggling that why would you vary an application 4 months early, but do understand that it was to do with your personal circumstances, which is fair enough. But you do understand that it is a very cheeky move by you, who ever advised you is either brave or foolish :lol: you know what I mean ? You are about to set a precedent for many of the people to follow, you are about to creat history :lol: , anyways leaving jokes aside, and come to the serious matter, I must appreciate that it is a very cheeky and good move from you, now obviously you have varied 4 months early but hopefully by the time they are making a decision on your application your 10 years anniversary will be done, so now the question is will the case worker use their discretion and give you the ILR, or God forbid reject you?? Well frankly in both cases you are a winner, you get it hunky dory but if you didn't still you have a right of appeal, and mind it by the time they decide your application you have already completed 10 years legally in this country so they have to give you the ILR one way or another, even if it is after an appeal. But rest be assured that it is not a very bad situation that you are in, and although you varied because of your personal circumstances but hopefully it will work and you will get your ILR.
I saw you were asking if you will receive a second biometric letter ?
I would say yes you will receive a second biometric letter, although your Solicitor is saying otherwise, but according to my experience, you will receive another biometric invitation.
Please keep us posted regards to the progress of your application.
All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee

Ramos

Post by Ramos » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:42 pm

Thanks Shahji for the reply

Will keep updating you guys.
I spoke to lawyer again n he told me that you wont be giving bio , lets suppose if we have to give it once again , we would have recieved a letter regarding biometric. Already more than a month has been passed n only thing they have got is my aknowledgement letter. In case if it arrives then they will let me know. I am aslo waiting for the fees returned from previous application.

Regards

Sergio Ramos

c4551m
Pakistan

Post by c4551m » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:05 pm

Hi, this might be helpful, when i applied flro and varied my application , i only received biometric for my first application and they considered that for my ilr application.
Flro applied 23.02.14
Varied application to SET LR 3.3.14
Biometrics done 24.3.14
Approval 24.7.14
Docs received 28.7,14

Miangee

Post by Miangee » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:18 pm

Hi Shahjee Bhai

Thanks for your well wishes i hope i could get good result from home office about my mrs. case
as it has been one month now any idea how long they takes to response on reconsideration as mostly solicitor said there is no any legal obligation on UKVI. and i doubted that they will kill the time and i will lost the right to go for JR after three months.
and do you or any senior knows does it worth to go for JR and How much it cost.

Miangee

mizanbg
Newly Registered

Post by mizanbg » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:53 pm

mizanbg wrote:Thank you for reading and answering the questions: Attention to Shahjee and S. Akram.[/color]

Hi mizanbg,
Answers to your questions are
1. If you can't meet the income threshold for your Mrs than she can apply FLR(FP) but mind it any time spend on that visa will not count towards her settlement, so you need to convert that to FLR(M) as soon as possible after fulfilling the criteria regards to income and English at level A1.
2. Your children can apply for register action as British citizens through form MN1, and it's not a problem at all. I have already explained regards to your Mrs.
Please feel free to ask if you have any other questions.
All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee

Hi Shahjee,

Thank you for your reply. As you said time spend on flr (fp) will not count towards her settlement, but will it be count as lawfull residence? becasue she will be completing her 10 years on her own right in June 2015, so an extention in any catagory will be OK for her if it is countable towords LR. So, my question is can I apply for her flr (fp) without meeting the income threshold? and if so, what are the paperwork I have to submit or is it stratightforward? Do I need to provide the proof of cohabitaion and subsistance relationship? Although I can provide all of them, but just want to be sure whether it is a requirement or not. Thank you for taking your time, I am sure Allah will reward you for your good deeds.

Ahmed Khan
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmed Khan » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:43 pm

Hi All once again and congrats to all who have got their approvals this week so far or even before .
By the looks of it I think SET (M) and SET (LR) applicants from early July onwards are getting responses from HO quite frequently while SET (O) applicants are even far behind with a few exceptions .

sajnan
Pakistan

qualifying period for ILR

Post by sajnan » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:44 pm

hi
i came to uk on 10th dec 2004 on student visa however my visa was issued on 1st november 2004. i know we should not send the ILR application more than 28 days before the qualifying period. my question is whether someone has successfully applied for ILR based on the date when visa was issued?or we should follow the date when the applicant enetered uk.
UKIV GUidance says:

Your 10-year qualifying period starts from either:

when you arrived in the UK with a visa
when you were given permission to stay in the UK

plz share ur experience .

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:51 pm

Application for Set LR

Application received by HO : 22/09/2014

Acknowledgement received: 26/09/2014

Biometric received: 16/10/2014

Biometric enrolled: 16/10/2014

Decision pending: ???

Can someone update the derail on spreadsheet please?

Cheers !!!!
jignesh

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Re: qualifying period for ILR

Post by Arsal385 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:07 pm

sajnan wrote:hi
i came to uk on 10th dec 2004 on student visa however my visa was issued on 1st november 2004. i know we should not send the ILR application more than 28 days before the qualifying period. my question is whether someone has successfully applied for ILR based on the date when visa was issued?or we should follow the date when the applicant enetered uk.
UKIV GUidance says:

Your 10-year qualifying period starts from either:

when you arrived in the UK with a visa
when you were given permission to stay in the UK

plz share ur experience .
its when you arrived in the UK with a visa and I think the latter is when you were given permission to extent your stay in the UK. so stick to the first point.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:10 pm

jignesh455 wrote:Application for Set LR

Application received by HO : 22/09/2014

Acknowledgement received: 26/09/2014

Biometric received: 16/10/2014

Biometric enrolled: 16/10/2014

Decision pending: ???

Can someone update the derail on spreadsheet please?

Cheers !!!!
Updated.

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:32 pm

Hello Guys ,

July applications are speeding up ...one of my friend ( he is not from this froum ) applied on 11TH july 2014 and he has got his ILR today 16ht OCT 2014 ...( almost three months ) ...according to him his case was so simple ...last extension was done on TIER 1 and valid untill 2016 ....

Best of luck those who are waiting ,
Regards ,
S.Akaram

meghankit

Post by meghankit » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:41 pm

dear friends,
can someone guide me on this matter please???
its very urgent

what to do if i am sort of £250 for the financial requirement for FLR (M)??
i mean my salary comes up to £18350 for the last year

regards

chs
Newly Registered

Post by chs » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:11 pm

With God's grace I've received my ILR today, please see below timelines. I'll also update google drive shortly:

Application Sent: 8th July 2014
Acknowledgement Letter Date: 10th July 2014
Biometric letter received: 17th July 2014
Biometric enrolled: 18th July 2014
Decision Date: 11th October 2014 (this shows they work on weekends as well as 11th was a Saturday)
BRP received: 16th October 2014

Massive thanks to this forum.

I just want to say how important role we all play in this forum by updating our timelines as this immensely helps anyone who has applied to understand how long it may roughly take for their application to get processed.

My best wishes are with all of those who are waiting and bless you all who actively participate in this forum !!

Ojey

Post by Ojey » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:13 pm

Hi please update skydrive.

My application for ILR...

Application sent: 05/09/2014
Acknowledgement dated: 10/09/2014
Biometric received: 01/10/2014
Biometric enrolled: 07/10/2014
...Pending decision

Thanks

Ojey

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:20 pm

Congratulation @ CHS !!! You must be pleased and great relief .... good luck ahead buddy !!!
jignesh

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:42 pm

Everyone ,,,it seems the applications have been decided in a good pace ...
if you look at last year July applications were decided middle of November and December and 2014 they are decided middle of October which seems to be good news for everyone ... and seems july there were less applications don't get surprised if some Augest applications decided in October end ;-) ....lets pray and enjoy the wait

Good luck and congrats to everyone who received their ILR's

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:46 pm

Ojey wrote:Hi please update skydrive.

My application for ILR...

Application sent: 05/09/2014
Acknowledgement dated: 10/09/2014
Biometric received: 01/10/2014
Biometric enrolled: 07/10/2014
...Pending decision

Thanks

Ojey
Updated according to date Order ;-)

msmussaf

Post by msmussaf » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:44 am

Aslamoalikom to all

Dear shahjee here is my history
10 years student
Applied 8 march. Set lr
Approved 2 july

For wife

Wife came as student dependent in aug 2007
Applied 4 april flrm
Approved 17 july 2 years till 16 july 2016

Question
1. When my wife can apply ILR
2. What about financial requirement

If you say any time she can apply for ILR than how can I convince Home office about 287 a-i-d.
Is there any solid documentry evidence?