ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2PCN and 1FPN in last 12months

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

newbie14
Newly Registered

2PCN and 1FPN in last 12months

Post by newbie14 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:14 pm

Hi,
I am due to apply for naturalization next month, but I have 1FPN (for motorway speeding received in May this year) and 2PCN (Traffic related received in August this year). Both were paid promptly.

Please can experts here advice if this will reject my naturalization application?

Thanks.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: 2PCN and 1FPN in last 12months

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:05 am

No, it should not.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

newbie14
Newly Registered

Post by newbie14 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:14 am

Thanks Amber for your swift response and so glad to hear that this will not reject my BC application.

Please can you also clarify if I have to declare my FPN and PCN or should I just declare FPN or declare none. There are various post on this subject hence little confused. Also do we have latest guidelines that clarifies FPN and PCN as not being same.

Thanks and I look forward for your support.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:15 am

I'd just include a copy of your paper counterpart and mention nothing.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

newbie14
Newly Registered

Post by newbie14 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:18 am

Great, will do so.

newbie14
Newly Registered

Post by newbie14 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:35 pm

Hi Amber,
Sorry to trouble you again. By enclosing DL paper counter part to declare my FPN, does that mean if I have to mention yes for criminal conviction , but this is not a criminal conviction .. Also I am not able to locate my FPN number, what should i do in this case?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:18 am

No.

newbie14
Newly Registered

Post by newbie14 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:05 pm

Thanks Amber!

newbie14
Newly Registered

Post by newbie14 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:09 pm

Amber wrote:No, it should not.
Hi Amber,
A quick re-cap, I had 1 FPN speeding related (in mid this year) and 2 PCN (two months ago, road traffic related not parking fine, apparently both PCNs for same day just 2 mins apart). All settled without any dispute and within the minimum timeframe.

I visited NCS with my 1 FPN and 2 PCN, the NCS officer was very confident that this should not be a problem and the HO case worker may not consider the PCNs as they are non-endorsed penalties. However they had to check with HO if this is acceptable.

Upon checking with HO the NCS officer mentioned that HO treats FPN and PCN as same as both are penalties related to the road traffic offence (although not criminal conviction) but has to be declared and applicant shouldn't have more than 1 of such penalty in past 12 months. Hence NCS didn’t encourage me to proceed further as this won't be accepted at HO and I would at risk of losing the fees. The NCS officer advised me to try again upon completing 12 months from my FPN (mark this advice, as I am not told to apply upon completing 12 months from PCN although PCNs were received later!!)

Please can you advice if this appointment at NCS is at all registered at HO and is this formal rejection of my application at NCS or should I treat the NCS appointment like any other OSIC immigration related advice and by that I can also attempt next week at another NCS declaring just 1 FPN. Alternatively I go via solicitor route (i.e. postal application).

Thanks and i look forwards to hear from you.

newbie14
Newly Registered

Post by newbie14 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:08 am

Dear Respected Gurus and Amber Sir,

Please can you help with my above query!

mah

Post by mah » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:15 pm

Hi Newbie14, one of the members said he applied without declaring and got approval . Here is the link.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1097587

But after reading your post I am again worried and hope the moderators and senior members advise now whether not declaring PCNs affects the decision on your application and will the HO refuse the application.

Other posts in the forum were saying that no problem if not declared.

But based on Newbie14 post the case is different now.

Please advise.

Thanks,

t123456789

Post by t123456789 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:43 pm

The NCS is similar to your solicitor advising you not to proceed with your application. It is not a refusal and you can tell them you want to proceed.

As for your actual problem of whether your application will be refused I don't know. Read the guidance on page 12 and you will see there is no fixed number of penalties before refusal, there are instead other criteria and it's up to the caseworker (section 3.2 and 3.8 ).

Edit:
The sentence reads "received numerous fixed penalty notices which would suggest a pattern of behaviour that calls into question their character."

I do not think that 1 FPN and 2 PCNs issued at almost the same would "suggest a pattern of behaviour that calls into question their character", so I would guess your application would succeed.

mah

Post by mah » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:11 pm

Dear t123456789

many thanks for your reply. How about not declaring the PCNs (3-4) in the last 5 years (none in the last 24 months)?

If not declared, does it lead to refusal?

Thanks

t123456789

Post by t123456789 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:20 pm

mah wrote:Dear t123456789

many thanks for your reply. How about not declaring the PCNs (3-4) in the last 5 years (none in the last 24 months)?

If not declared, does it lead to refusal?

Thanks
I do not think you have to declare them, but I may be wrong. Take a look for the Good Character Requirement at the top of the page, it's a sticky. From what I understand if you have points on your license your must submit your license counterpart.

newbie14
Newly Registered

Post by newbie14 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:58 pm

Folks, thanks a lot for sharing yours and others experiences, this is much appreciated. From all the conversations i could summarise that,

a) My visit at NCS is not registered with HO and this is like taking advice from any OSIC registered solicitor. I can therefore approach different NCS and this won't affect my application or HO raising a concern as why i approached alternate NCS while one NCS has already suggested not proceeding.

b) I go ahead with declaring 1 FPN and that's it.

dear gurus please can you confirm if i can go ahead with above understanding.

Thanks again all for your support and advice.

newbie14
Newly Registered

Post by newbie14 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:08 pm

newbie14 wrote:Folks, thanks a lot for sharing yours and others experiences, this is much appreciated. From all the conversations i could summarise that,

a) My visit at NCS is not registered with HO and this is like taking advice from any OSIC registered solicitor. I can therefore approach different NCS and this won't affect my application or HO raising a concern as why i approached alternate NCS while one NCS has already suggested not proceeding.

b) I go ahead with declaring 1 FPN and that's it.

dear gurus please can you confirm if i can go ahead with above understanding.

Thanks again all for your support and advice.
Dear Respected Gurus,
Please can you advice if above understanding is fine for me to proceed with alternate NCS..