ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance using multiple bank accounts

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

emceez
Newly Registered

Maintenance using multiple bank accounts

Post by emceez » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:23 pm

Hi,

I am in UK on a Tier 2 ICT dependant visa and I am moving to a Tier 2 General (Restricted CoS) visa. My sponsor has unknowingly unchecked the maintenance by sponsor option while applying for my CoS. Now I need to show a minimum balance for me and my wife.

Neither my UK account nor my Indian bank account has the sufficient funds continuously for last 90 days. But the combined balance of both the banks is above the minimum balance for all the days.

1) Can I show multiple bank statements as proof of maintenance?
2) If yes, do I need to add a cover letter/any additional document to make it easier for the case worker?
3) If yes, is there any specific/recommended format to do so?

4) The Home Office have approved the CoS, my sponsor is yet to assign the CoS to me. Will my sponsor be able to edit the option and declare that they will take care of the maintenance so that I don't have to worry about the bank statements and minimum balance.

As I need to collect the necessary documents and travel back to India to re-apply soon, quick replies are appreciated.

Regards,
Manish

gajang
Newly Registered

Re: Maintenance using multiple bank accounts

Post by gajang » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:38 pm

Same thing happened to me recently, sponsor added a "Sponsor Note" and my visa was approved.

emceez
Newly Registered

Re: Maintenance using multiple bank accounts

Post by emceez » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:21 pm

Hi gajang,

Thanks for your reply. I checked the add or amend sponsor notes section from a gov uk document. Can you give me more details about this sponsor note.

As I understand, after the CoS is assigned to me, my sponsor can add notes before I use the CoS in my visa application correct?

So my sponsor should mention something like, "As sponsor, I would like to take care of maintenance of the migrant and any dependants of the migrant" and thats it?

Is there anything more that my sponsor needs to do, like give any letter regarding the same for me or my dependant?

Regards,
Manish