ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Derivative Residence - Primary Carer

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

angelsevil2002
Newly Registered

Derivative Residence - Primary Carer

Post by angelsevil2002 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:39 pm

Hi,

My wife and I have a new born baby son who is British by default as I have got my ILR before he was born.

To apply for derivative Residence for my wife she has to prove she is the main carer. What does main carer mean here and how can we prove it and show that the new baby is dependent on the mother?

Note, we are married since 3 years and we have been living together for the last two years in England, my wife still holds a Tier 1 Dependent Residence.

Apologies if this question has been asked before but I searched and couldn't find any answers.

Thanks all.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Derivative Residence - Primary Carer

Post by Obie » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:57 pm

Does you and your wife's earning exceed 18600. If it does, then it is more sensible to apply FLR(M) or FLR(FP) than DR1.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

angelsevil2002
Newly Registered

Re: Derivative Residence - Primary Carer

Post by angelsevil2002 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:25 pm

my current salary is high but I am on my last month notice and got my P45, do you think I can still apply FLR M or FP?