ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) family life as a partner

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chlosa89
Newly Registered

FLR(FP) family life as a partner

Post by chlosa89 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:07 am

hi

can someone please help me out.
i want to apply using the FLR (FP) form for stay in the uk. i have been a student and cannot extend my stay as a student as i have spent five years which is the limit. however my husband and i dont meet the financial required to the Form FLR(M). I just want to ask do i need to have 18,600 to apply for the 10year route on the FLR (FP) form?

thanx in advance

beckytj
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(FP) family life as a partner

Post by beckytj » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:03 pm

Hi,
From what I have read you don't need to meet the income . Although you have to have good reasons why you and your spouse cannot move and reside in your home country. Children are helpful I believe.
Maybe someone else can advise further.

Gina-Pren
Newly Registered

Post by Gina-Pren » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:33 pm

I'm posting my FLR FP application on Wednesday without any lawyers help.
Fingers cross for this application. Trying to be positive though .
My daughter (British citizen) age 2 and 6 months is primarily the reason why I can't go back to my country. Plus my husband have 3 children in his previous marriage , ages 23, 21 and 11. My step son age 11 is still dependent to my husbands financial support and we have him every other week at home. So basically I look after him when his around.
Do you all think I got more chances to get this application successful?

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:26 pm

Gina-Pren wrote:I'm posting my FLR FP application on Wednesday without any lawyers help.
Fingers cross for this application. Trying to be positive though .
My daughter (British citizen) age 2 and 6 months is primarily the reason why I can't go back to my country. Plus my husband have 3 children in his previous marriage , ages 23, 21 and 11. My step son age 11 is still dependent to my husbands financial support and we have him every other week at home. So basically I look after him when his around.
Do you all think I got more chances to get this application successful?
Hi any news about your application ?
Thanks and good luck
Some people are so poor, the only thing they have is money

Gina-Pren
Newly Registered

Post by Gina-Pren » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:02 pm

Hey joelondon, I'm still waiting for my application. Done the biometrics though not sure when the decision time for my application. It's nearly two months now since I sent my FLR (FP) application. How long do you think is the processing time??

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:15 pm

Gina-Pren wrote:Hey joelondon, I'm still waiting for my application. Done the biometrics though not sure when the decision time for my application. It's nearly two months now since I sent my FLR (FP) application. How long do you think is the processing time??
Hi Gina, we applied on the 28th of January and still waiting, my wife did her biometric, it has been 10 weeks since we applied and 6 weeks since the biometric, to be honest with you some says 8 weeks after the bio are taken and some say 8 weeks from the day you apply , so a bit confused on that
Wish you good luck and keep me updated if u can thanks

Reus

Post by Reus » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:57 pm

hi joelondon,Gina
from what ive read because its a complex nature type of case so it is usually outside their standard time for deciding the cases(5year route).About 8 weeks after bio submitted is the decision time period but if it is a 10year route it can go well over 8weeks after bio is submitted but still bear in mind ucant really rely on these as cases still remain individually decided.
i have myself applied flr fp but in the parent route and it has been 4weeks after bio so waiting and keeping fingers crossed.please do update if u hear anything eventho our cases are more or less different.thanks

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:23 pm

Reus wrote:hi joelondon,Gina
from what ive read because its a complex nature type of case so it is usually outside their standard time for deciding the cases(5year route).About 8 weeks after bio submitted is the decision time period but if it is a 10year route it can go well over 8weeks after bio is submitted but still bear in mind ucant really rely on these as cases still remain individually decided.
i have myself applied flr fp but in the parent route and it has been 4weeks after bio so waiting and keeping fingers crossed.please do update if u hear anything eventho our cases are more or less different.thanks
Thanks reus ,will def keep u updated ,good luck with yours

Reus

Post by Reus » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:40 pm

your welcome joelondon and goodluck with yours too.