ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

please help - spouse visa from Germany

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

luckyboy
Newly Registered

please help - spouse visa from Germany

Post by luckyboy » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:30 pm

Hi, all, I am in the process of applying spouse visa for my wife and son. I'd like to get some advice here. I am a British and my wife is Malaysia nationality currently lives in Germany with “green card”. We have a 4 years old son and he is German nationality. I earn 25K a year so we will be applying via category A. My wife will hand in the documents in one of the application centre in Germany. Here are the questions I have:

1, on Appendix 2, question 3.2 what is the financial requirement you are required to meet? My son is German nationality I don’t know which one I should cross below. (I meet the financial requirement anyway),
Applying with no child dependents under 18
Applying with one child dependent under 18

If I cross “Applying with no child dependents under 18 “, do I need to complete Part 4 on Appendix 2? As on Part 4 states “children who are not required to meet the financial requirement.” Need to complete this section.

As I know, EU nationality doesn’t need a visa to UK, but I am not sure what to fill on the application form. Does my son need to complete a separate application form?

2. My wife has been lived in Germany over 10 years, dose she need a TB certificate?

3. My wife has 2 old passports, the oldest one has been lost, Would this be a problem? There is no immigration stamp on this one at all. The other one old passport is with my wife which got all the UK immigration stamp on it. She came to visit me around 10 times in the past 5 years.

4. My wife’s resident permit is in German, do we need to get it translated?

5. About the relationship evidence. We have marriage certificate, our son’s birth certificate, around 60 flight e-tickets/boarding pass (I flight to Germany every month in the last 5 years), money transfer receipt (I send money to my wife every 2,3 months), lots of family photos, are these enough? We do video chat every day, but we don’t have many message/email record. So I am struggling to get these records.

I would appreciate any thoughts from you.

Obie
Ireland

Re: please help - spouse visa from Germany

Post by Obie » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:34 pm

Have you lived and worked in Germany
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

luckyboy
Newly Registered

Post by luckyboy » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:42 pm

Oh, sorry, I live and work in UK. my wife and son live in Germany, we have been lived separately for years.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:47 pm

No need for a Visa for the German Child.

He is exempted from the financial requirement.

No application needs to be made for him.

No need for TB test i believe.

If you provided all the specified evidence as listed in appendix FM-SE?

How long have you been in Current employment?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

luckyboy
Newly Registered

Post by luckyboy » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:57 pm

Thanks for you reply Obie.

I have been worked for my current employer for 7 years, I meet the financial requirement (my salary is £25K), I have my own mortgage 3 bed house and just myself live in it.

so is that meam I need to choose "Applying with no child dependents under 18" for question 3.2 on appendix 2?