ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English requirement for spouse to ILR??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

crb

English requirement for spouse to ILR??

Post by crb » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:25 pm

Hello,

My wife is currently on spouse visa (old rule) ie 2 yr route to ILR.....applying in october 2014.....

while applying for entry clearance my wife supplied IELTS certificate of score 6.0...........this certificate will expire 2 month before she can apply for ILR as IELTS certificate is only valid for 2yrs......

Q. Does she need to fulfill/prove/provide NEW english requirement again , since she has already done so while applying for entry clearance.

Thank you for any advice.

WR1

Re: English requirement for spouse to ILR??

Post by WR1 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:02 pm

As you have used the IELTS certificate for entry clearance, you can use it again for ILR, even if it has expired. No need to take another English test again.

In addition to this, you will also need Life in the UK test for ILR.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

crb

Post by crb » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:10 am

Thank you for your reply........but is it possible to point where in the guidance is it mentoined....thanks.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:00 pm

The use of an expired IELTS for ILR/BC has been discussed to death on this forum.

I suggest you use the search feature located on the top right corner of this forum.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

crb

Post by crb » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:06 am

ILR application was successful today.............
used the same ielts certificate which was used in entry clearance........which expired about 6 months ago.....