ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for FLR(M) after successful FLR (FP)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

emmz13
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Applying for FLR(M) after successful FLR (FP)

Post by emmz13 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:18 pm

Hello all,

My husband has just submitted an FLR (FP) application for the 10 year route to settlement. I am trying to stay optimistic and weigh up our options and wondered if this application is successful can he then apply immediately for an FLR (M) for 5 years? We are financially exempt as I am a carer for my Mum, the only reason we used FLR (FP) is that my husband is currently an over stayer so it was very possible an FLR (M) would have been refused and though we believed that this should mean he was automatically considered for the 10 year route we have was a lot of stories where this has not been the case. We have a British son and meet all criteria bar my husband current immigration status.
We understand that applying for FLR (M) would "reset the clock" in terms of time counted toward the 10 years but the prospect of having to resubmit an application form every 30 months for the next 10 years fills me with dread lol
Any help would be awesome and if there is any important info I have left out please let me know.
Thanks very much in advance.