ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self sufficient and french carte vitale as health insurance

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manUTd

Self sufficient and french carte vitale as health insurance

Post by manUTd » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:32 am

Morning everyone.
I am currently in France exercising my treaty rights and would like to bring my spouse back to uk . Am self sufficient and I was made aware that I must havehad health insurance for 6 months In France to be able to apply for eea permit. Does the French carte vitale which is a state health insurance count as the required health insurance or do I have to get a different comprehensive health insurance and Wait 6 months to be able to apply.
http://france.angloinfo.com/healthcare/ ... insurance/
Please if anyone can advise.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Self sufficient and french carte vitale as health insura

Post by Jambo » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:46 am

Are you British? Then you can't make use of the Surinder Singh route unless you are in employment in France. Being self sufficient allows you to exercise treaty rights in France but not to bring your family members back to the UK using thecEEA regulations.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:56 am

You may be able to Bring your family member back by being self sufficient in France, you do not only have to be a worker to be able to do that. If the insurance you talked about is a state insurance, then that may not satisfy the requirement, you will need to buy a comprehensive sickness insurance to be considered self-sufficient.

manUTd

Post by manUTd » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:32 pm

Thank you dalebutt,
Am british .I am taking a comprehensive insurance and I wanted to know if I have to be covered for 6 months before I can apply for the eea permit for my spouse.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:01 pm

SS route only employment or self employment

They won't accept self sufficient
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:01 pm

UKBA don't make unilateral rules of freedom of movement, CSI of anything over 3 months will suffice, it may also help if you demonstrate that you had the necessary funds whilst staying in France.

The court have spoken, self sufficient citizens can enjoy the right to return as everyone else, UKBA does not have a choice other than give effect to the judgment.

Get your paperworks intact, if you want to apply for FP from France do so, you may be refused and have to appeal, if I were in your position, I'd get myself and family to Ireland and use the CTA, submit application for residence card and await there response. Again you have the same right to return here just as any worker or self employed person does.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:16 pm

Just to make it clear what awaits you - the HO will refuse the application and you will need to fight for it in courts. If you could work in France, that would make your life a lot more simpler. Also your wife is expected to live together with you in France.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

manUTd

Post by manUTd » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:40 pm

Hi all
Thank you for your advice.
One last question if I take a health insurance now while in France ( which will cover us in France )does that mean I be eligible to apply after 3 months or more? Just wanted to clarify that please.
Also is it true that we have to be covered by csi 6 months prior to making an application ?

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:24 pm

You will satisfy of the requirements in OB after 3 months, you do not need to be covered for 6 months, you need to be covered for the period of your stay in France.