ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What should we say at the entrance - Surinder Singh

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

emilyscage
Newly Registered

What should we say at the entrance - Surinder Singh

Post by emilyscage » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:35 pm

Hello everybody,
My wife and I have been living in Germany for the last 10 months. I am a British Citizen and she has a German residency card. I have been working all these months as self employed and on December we are planning to move to the UK under the Surinder Singh.
My wife is Israeli so we don't need an EEA (since Israelis don't need a visa to get into the UK) and when we will arrive in the UK we will apply for the EEA2 (this was also confirmed by SOLVIT).
My question is what do we need to say at the entrance to the UK when we arrive?
What are the exact words? Also, do we need to bring with us to the entrance all of the papers that prove that we lived in Germany?
We really don't know what to expect at the entrance to the UK.
Can they just say "sorry, we don't care, go back to Germany"?
We are trying to see what to do, and if we should do it a few weeks before we leave our flat in Germany, as we don't want to stay without a home...

Any suggestions?
Does somebody know?