ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hadz7

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by hadz7 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:55 pm

sophia20 wrote:Lol@sannnn lol ur worrying too much lol

So that means if my bank statement hasn't arrived in time I can get a "printout" from the bank?!? Does that have to be stamped/signed?!?? Can anyone explain plz?
yes u can always get print out and get them stamped from bank or get letter frm bank which states they are verified by bank which is most important thing if u dont get them stamp ukba wont accept them . sometimes some banks branches do stamp the print out statements and some dont so if one branch dont stamp or verify ur bank statements then try other branch , i m telling u cos it happened with me lol

sophia20

Post by sophia20 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:33 am

Lol thanks hadz7! :)

th3

Post by th3 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:10 am

Tazmaniaa wrote:
hadz7 wrote:
Sannnnnnn wrote:Another thing that's bothering me is about showing communication with my husband. We use watsapp so if I was to screen shot maybe 2 or 3 conversations per month is that ok. Maybe 1 screen shot per week is that going to be sufficient. I have been married 3 years lol x :(
lol hi5 i been married for 3 years too it was our 3rd wedding anniversary 1 week ago . and yeah they just want to see that couple is in touch all this time so if u r going to send year''s record then 1 screenshot is enough per week as long as it shows the dates on that screenshot cos they gonna check dates so thats the only thing u gotta make sure that weekly screenshot shd hv dates mentioned .
Hey quick question I've been married for 3 years nearly too and it will be my third application.. But my problem is from my three years I've got 7 months communication missing.. Can any 1 advice me what to do please ?
3.5 years here :cry:

But I visit every 3 months, and stayed with her 1.7 out of 3.5 years. So I have 11 airflight tickets and accommodation/expenditure/money sent records. 12k/year expenses for visiting and staying with her should be enough proof looooooooooooooooooool

To the brother who got refused in 5 weeks... yea, if you have the right payslips and bank statements, you can appeal and get it overturned pretty quickly and simply. But it's not net, it's gross pay that would be short.
Last edited by th3 on Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marriage 06/2011 | Visit Visa 08/2012 | Back to UK 01/2013
Applied Mirpur Cat A 12/03/14
Forwarded BHC 24/03
Escalated 1st 13/08, 2nd 10/10, 3rd 05/11

Further checking 1st 10/11, 2nd 19/11
Visa processed date 26/11, email 28/11
Visa Refused

th3

Post by th3 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:12 am

hadz7 wrote:

So that means if my bank statement hasn't arrived in time I can get a "printout" from the bank?!? Does that have to be stamped/signed?!?? Can anyone explain plz?
yes u can always get print out and get them stamped from bank or get letter frm bank which states they are verified by bank which is most important thing if u dont get them stamp ukba wont accept them . sometimes some banks branches do stamp the print out statements and some dont so if one branch dont stamp or verify ur bank statements then try other branch , i m telling u cos it happened with me lol
I had my local branch manager sign them and write a quick letter confirming the statements, my accounts, and their balances. You can't go wrong there.
Marriage 06/2011 | Visit Visa 08/2012 | Back to UK 01/2013
Applied Mirpur Cat A 12/03/14
Forwarded BHC 24/03
Escalated 1st 13/08, 2nd 10/10, 3rd 05/11

Further checking 1st 10/11, 2nd 19/11
Visa processed date 26/11, email 28/11
Visa Refused

cruiser2014
Newly Registered

Post by cruiser2014 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:26 am

Mayo99 wrote:Hello everyone rfc yesterday it was refused reason i will show asap, and they didnt gave me my application form and appindix should i again fill it and pay or not please help me??????

Assalamo aliekum Brother,
Sorry to hear about your application...Inn Shaa Allah your resubmission/appeal will be successful.
Can you please elaborate why they have refused it?
Also under what category did you apply? and from islamabad?

They don't return the application forms and the appendix back.. sometimes they don't even bother returning your original documents.. so i won't worry about the form and the appendix..but would double check if they have returned all original documents.

khan2013

Post by khan2013 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:30 am

Ray20 wrote:So you applied in June 2014 and got decision on 31/07/2014...??? .In my opinion if your payslip doesn't support the required threshold then you should reapply..

Yes I got a reply in 5 weeks Alhumdulilah but it was a refusal evrything was in order and correct don't know how I managed to miss out on two payslips being incorrect. When I appealed I gave the following months payslip with the amount that was missing from two payslips. Also got a letter from manager to explain there mistake in the payslips. I spoke to someone who works for ukbA and she said if you have given the additional evidence showing you meet requirement decision maybe overturned.

So now I don't know if I should re apply or go ahead and wait for the appeal.[/quote]
Well if there was mistake in the pay slips and your company is prepared to rectify it then you should appeal.They will review it and inshallah the outcome will be positive.You can withdraw from the appeal at later stage anyways.

khan2013

Post by khan2013 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:34 am

Mayo99 wrote:Hello everyone rfc yesterday it was refused reason i will show asap, and they didnt gave me my application form and appindix should i again fill it and pay or not please help me??????
Yes you will have to fill a new application form and appendix as well as pay for your new application.Is there any grounds for making the appeal.

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:28 am

hadz7 wrote:
Aww my god REALLY!!!!! I understand the 28 day rule for the payslips but even my bank statement, house inspection report and letter from employer needs to be in 28 day rules that's just really difficult. Can you pls show me where U got this information from.[/quote wrote:

I don't know how I'm gona manage this. Surely the house inspection report can be older right??? Please help :(
u dont need to panic i m sure they understand that it takes a while to get bank statements to get pakistan and inshAllah if ur statements are within 6 weeks it shd be fine .
and housing report is not a requirement by law which most of people dont know but its always gd to give em proof as much as u got i have seen loads of people gettin visas without providing housing report . p.s if ur housing report is 6 to 7 weeks old it shdnt be a prob cos like i said its not mentioned anywhere on ukba site that housing report is must . a letter from ur parents incase if u living wiv ur parents in mortgage house or letter from landlord incase u r renting the house wud do the job .

just sit back and relax cos we all have done our best , now wt is better for us Allah knows the rest
I am sorry to say it but what a ridiculous advice you have given.
Come on guys I know its hard and stressful applying for a spouse visa but with a bit of planning and research its actually not that hard to get things RIGHT.
If your bank statement is 6 weeks old as suggested by hadz7 then straightaway your could be looking for a refusal. How is your 6 weeks old bank statement going to show your latest pay in? Its common sense that we all are lacking and hence huge number of refusals.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:42 am

Tazmaniaa wrote:
hadz7 wrote:
Sannnnnnn wrote:Another thing that's bothering me is about showing communication with my husband. We use watsapp so if I was to screen shot maybe 2 or 3 conversations per month is that ok. Maybe 1 screen shot per week is that going to be sufficient. I have been married 3 years lol x :(
lol hi5 i been married for 3 years too it was our 3rd wedding anniversary 1 week ago . and yeah they just want to see that couple is in touch all this time so if u r going to send year''s record then 1 screenshot is enough per week as long as it shows the dates on that screenshot cos they gonna check dates so thats the only thing u gotta make sure that weekly screenshot shd hv dates mentioned .
Hey quick question I've been married for 3 years nearly too and it will be my third application.. But my problem is from my three years I've got 7 months communication missing.. Can any 1 advice me what to do please ?
I was engaged in 2008, married in 2012 applied third time on October 2013 and visa issued on march 2014. I stated in my application the engagement date without realising I will have to provide evidence. Anyway I had 11 months of communication missing from engagement to wedding date (the era of calling cards) and 5 months missing from wedding to time of third application. Alhudmulilah visa was granted maybe because of the way I explained things.

For you my suggestion is submit what you have in a presentable manner, write a letter explaining why you don't have evidence for that 7 months. Remember honesty is the best policy and in my case I explained that I was using Skype on a laptop and that laptop broke therefore evidence for that period is unobtainable.

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:48 am

Sannnnnnn wrote:
Sannnnnnn wrote: Aww my God just 1 thing. If they accept screenshots Im just thinking that on the screenshot ofcourse there will be the date n my husbands name on top saying he is online or whatever, my point is that in the screen shot is just mine right not my husbands too from his fone. Do u get what I mean x this is soooooo confusing. Suddenly it's just come in my head that we could be doing a screen shot of conversation with anyone but with name saved as my husband x lol pls tell me im thinking tooooooooo much
[/quote]

I think you've got to calm down, rushing things will not do you good. You don't need to provide communication evidence from both ends, just your whatsapp chats would be fine.
One suggestion, make sure you put a screen shot of your husband's whatsapp profile aswel as yours, ask him to write a letter to confirm his mobile number which will obviously match with the screen shot that you will provide.

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:51 am

I've been married over three years lol
I won't be giving in past phone call records just the past 6 months and past 6 months of skype. Only giving some old cards/photos since they never returned any of my documents Lol

City and guilds test has no expiry date according to gov site and if anyone else hasn't received their papers back, you can get a replacement certificate online http://www.cityandguild.com/replacement.... That's just for those that did city and guild eng test! But it costs!!!

28 day rule applys for housing inspection report too?!? Lol might as well get everything ready in the last few weeks!

yes they need to be stamped and signed by bank manager along with a letter from them stating your account number, name, address and current balance.

hadz7

Post by hadz7 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:08 am

tallojani wrote:
hadz7 wrote:
t[/quote wrote:
Come on guys I know its hard and stressful applying for a spouse visa but with a bit of planning and research its actually not that hard to get things RIGHT.
If your bank statement is 6 weeks old as suggested by hadz7 then straightaway your could be looking for a refusal. How is your 6 weeks old bank statement going to show your latest pay in? Its common sense that we all are lacking and hence huge number of refusals.
Thnx for ur kind words tallojani but i did mention this thing from a link and i posted that too here which u failed to look before commenting here , read king2be98 who is guru on this forum wrote that from his personal experiance . yes its best to have bank statement as latest as u can but those who have applied already and they submitted statements which were older than 4 weeks but not older than 6 weeks hopefully they shd be fine as most of times it depends on ECO who is dealing with ur case .
here is the link
http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 57903.html

Asim khan

Post by Asim khan » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:42 am

They dont return ur application form and appendix ..as Long as u got everything else back ..Sorry to Hear abt ur rejection .. what was the reason for rejection ..?

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:21 pm

hadz7 wrote:
tallojani wrote:
hadz7 wrote:
t[/quote wrote:
Thnx for ur kind words tallojani but i did mention this thing from a link and i posted that too here which u failed to look before commenting here , read king2be98 who is guru on this forum wrote that from his personal experiance . yes its best to have bank statement as latest as u can but those who have applied already and they submitted statements which were older than 4 weeks but not older than 6 weeks hopefully they shd be fine as most of times it depends on ECO who is dealing with ur case .
here is the link
http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 57903.html
yes you did post the link on a separate comment and rest assured I did look at the link. I can still say that your suggestion was wrong. The link from king2be's comment refers to additional documents sent after submission and you advised that to a person who is planning to put in a fresh application. No offence but you failed to read twice.

hadz7

Post by hadz7 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:05 pm

tallojani wrote:
yes you did post the link on a separate comment and rest assured I did look at the link. I can still say that your suggestion was wrong. The link from king2be's comment refers to additional documents sent after submission and you advised that to a person who is planning to put in a fresh application. No offence but you failed to read twice.[/quote]

Thats what the question was asked by fn286

Dear All,

I need an urgent advice and help from all who have applied for spouse/settlement visa from Pakistan. I'm not a British citizenship but I have permanent residency in UK (Indefinite leave to remain, also called ILR). I'm a working professional and will apply for the settlement visa for my wife.

1) There is a requirement for bank statements on letterheaded paper with stamps. But banks in UK doesn't issue statements on letterheaded (coloured) papers, but rather black and white printed letterhead and statements on plain paper with bank stamp on each page. I have requested by bank but this is what they are offering, will that be accetable? I know banks in Pakistan issue statements in coloured letterheaded paper.

2) Also, banks in UK takes 2 weeks in sending statements and then its take at least 5 days to courier documents to Paksitan. How old should be the statement? I've heard it should be a month old from the application date. But there is good chance that a statement will be older than a month at the time of applicaion. will it be acceptable if its older than a month but less than 2 months?

3) Whether whats app and/or viber chats are acceptable? I know these cannot be printed but can be shown on a mobile.

4) Does anyone had problems with visa if conversations were held over skype and viber instead of a phone? What if there is no evidence of mobile calls?

5) Does wife's qualification certificate (degree or transcript) is necessary to submit with the application. My wife is waiting for the degree to be awarded.

6) How long it takes to get the spouse visa these days? and what is the waiting time for visa appointment at centre when you call gerrys?

Please I really need urgent help. Appreciate replies for each queston from experienced people.

Thanks a lot.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

king2be98 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:29 pm

1) Just print off the latest statements from your online banking or request the latest ones from your account, most bank statements now are plain. It takes about a week for them to arrive. It doesn't have to be colour.

2) They understand it takes time to courier, provided the statements are not over 6 weeks, you'll be fine. Most of my statements were over 4 weeks old when we applied.

3) Find a way to prove your convo, be it transferring the conversation or taking a picture of the conversations and printing them. Without proof you'll not meet the subsisting criteria.

4) Does anyone had problems with visa if conversations were held over skype and viber instead of a phone? What if there is no evidence of mobile calls?

If you are appling a long time after your wedding, then you need to show communication history. If you are applying soon after your wedding, it's not essential. I met my wife for the first time after the wedding, no communication was show, but they accepted as they understand the local traditions.

5) You need to get your wife to do the English Test. The A1 test can be taken in most major cities in Pakistan.

6) It takes about 4 months, on average, last year it was taking up to and over 6 months.

AND THATS WHAT THE ANSWER WAS GIVEN BY KINGS2BE98, AND NO U ARE WRONG !!! HE SUGGESTED IT TO FN286 WHO WAS GOING TO APPLY FOR SETTLEMENT VISA IN FUTURE !! THERE WAS NOTHING ABOUT SENDING ADDITIONAL DOCS AFTER THE APPLICATION MENTIONED IN BOTH QUESTIONS OR ANSWER !!!!!

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:23 pm

hadz7

Please read page 34 on this link https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rement.pdf
it says (c) Personal bank statements corresponding to the same period(s) as the payslips at paragraph 2(a), showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.

also read page 4 and 6 on the following link
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _FM_SE.pdf

(l) Where this Appendix requires the applicant to provide specified evidence relating to a period which ends with the date of application, that evidence, or the most recently dated part of it, must be dated no earlier than 28 days before the date of application.

These guide lines are issued by UKVI not by king2be. Common sense is what you are lacking, how can a 6 weeks old bank statement going to show your latest pay in? just answer that if you can please.

Laiba1234

Post by Laiba1234 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:41 pm

What do they mean but this you case was already escalated?

Regarding your situation and following the specifications provided,  your
case was already escalated, the contact number is: xxxxxx
We hope to have an accurate answer regarding this matter in around 05
working days although we depend on other department's reply to be able to
resolve this matter. Escalations not replied within this time frame are
still waiting for a reply.
Online Submission 13/08/14
Submitted papers 15/09/14
Processed 30/12/14
Collected-Refused 14/01/15
Appeal submitted 06/02/15
Visa Granted 28/04/15

pind_da_munda_786

Post by pind_da_munda_786 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:35 pm

What does this mean?

"Initial Checks completed.
Application in queue to be assessed by Entry Clearance Officer". Means visa is about to be granted?

khan2013

Post by khan2013 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:19 pm

tallojani wrote:hadz7

Please read page 34 on this link https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rement.pdf
it says (c) Personal bank statements corresponding to the same period(s) as the payslips at paragraph 2(a), showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.

also read page 4 and 6 on the following link
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _FM_SE.pdf

(l) Where this Appendix requires the applicant to provide specified evidence relating to a period which ends with the date of application, that evidence, or the most recently dated part of it, must be dated no earlier than 28 days before the date of application.

These guide lines are issued by UKVI not by king2be. Common sense is what you are lacking, how can a 6 weeks old bank statement going to show your latest pay in? just answer that if you can please.
If the visa has been rejected on the basis of 28 days rule,then what are the chances of the successful review after supplying the required pay slips or bank statements. Also can they ask for the required documents while considering the application.

nouge63
Newly Registered

Post by nouge63 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:50 pm

Salam Guys, really hope someone can help. I want to reapply in december but have just realised my hubby did the toeic test which is no longer aceptable!

Does anyone know which ones are aceptable and If there are any test centres in/ around Mirpur AJK?

umeraali

Post by umeraali » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:59 pm

HI

If anyone can confirm this URGENTLY would be of great help.

I know someone who has been granted spouse visa, if they travel with a TB certificate that expired 2 months ago whats the worst that will happen??

appreciate a quick response if anyone has had previous experience please say

omarinbox

Post by omarinbox » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:24 pm

umeraali wrote:HI

If anyone can confirm this URGENTLY would be of great help.

I know someone who has been granted spouse visa, if they travel with a TB certificate that expired 2 months ago whats the worst that will happen??

appreciate a quick response if anyone has had previous experience please say
No previous experience except with relatives who have travelled between Pakistan and UK before.

The TB Test certificate is for the visa application.

If that has been processed, a visa has been granted and is on the passport there will not be any urgent need to show the TB Test certificate at the UK Border entry.

If there is it is most likely to verify the identity of the person.

The visa application process is where the TB test certificate's validity applies.

If you have the visa in the passport that shows you have passed entry requirements.

Sofroon
Newly Registered

Post by Sofroon » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:08 pm

Hi all hubby got a call from islamabad they did telephone interview quick questions than said you will recive a call to collect papers soon.

Applied lahore 12/02/2014

Anyone know how long could this take?

Sofroon
Newly Registered

Post by Sofroon » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:10 pm

Sorry not 12/02/2014 applied 19/02/2014 i think im going crasy lol...
Last edited by Sofroon on Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sofroon
Newly Registered

Post by Sofroon » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:12 pm

Sorry for my miss typing my phones playing up!!! :evil: