ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bristish Citizenship from Tier 1

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

a.agrawal
Newly Registered

Bristish Citizenship from Tier 1

Post by a.agrawal » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:11 pm

Hi Guys,

I am currently on ILR through Tier 1 General 5 Year route, my wife joined me 2 year back on Tier 1 Dependent, last year due to falling short on 5 Years we went for Tier 1 extension and then in March 2014 I got my ILR but since my wife was falling short of 2 Year rule she is still on Tier 1 Dependent visa. Her visa is valid till 2016.

Next Year in March 2015 I will be eligible for PR/Citizenship and will be going for that, my question is whether I need to get my wife on ILR or shall I wait till next year and get a Citizenship and then apply for her citizenship based on my status, can I ignore the step of getting her onto ILR all together.

One of the concern I had was meanwhile if rules get change for Tier 1 Dependent but since my wife is eligible for ILR I can go for it as soon as its been announced.

Any advice?

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: Bristish Citizenship from Tier 1

Post by milan69 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:26 pm

She has to have ILR and have been UK resident for the last years if applying as a spouse of BC.
I am sometimes wrong.

a.agrawal
Newly Registered

Re: Bristish Citizenship from Tier 1

Post by a.agrawal » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:26 pm

Thanks Milan for ur reply... i will get her ilr first then...