ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

flozo64
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by flozo64 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:35 pm

Ma logo wrote:
flozo64 wrote:
Ma logo wrote:Hello everyone, congratulations to everyone who has been given and anyone who hasn't, continue the fight. We applied on 28/07/14 based on British wife and British child. Today l received a letter from the Home office to send more documents. 1. Documentary evidence that my child resides at the same address as me. 2. Evidence that l play an active role in my child's life. My question is will a letter from my wife stating how l play a role in our child's life be taken as Evidence?

OOOh your timeline is like ours! I hope we get news soon :D

When did you get your confirmation letter?

But from this group I see asking for more evidence is good news, you should get it soon after sending the evidence.

Send photos? Doctors letter? Nursery letter etc etc

I know of someone asked for more evidence that there partner is living with them but he had no letters, wasn't on any bills or anything. Anyway they received the visa not long after. Good luck and keep us updated :D :D :D :D

Yes it is. Confirmation letter was dated 30/7/14. Photos is a good idea. God has already done it for us. Amen
Don't worry I am sure it will be back very soon. Best of luck. Just give anything you have related to the child. The more evidence the better :wink:
Flr(fp) application.

Applied - 29/07-14
HO Received - 31/07/14
Biometrics done - 12/08/14
Decision - Granted - 10/10/2014

Ems1927

Post by Ems1927 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:43 pm

satsug wrote:
Ems1927 wrote:Can anyone tell me, if an appeal is allowed and you receive written confirmation of this, can the appellant begin to look for work straight away? Or is it forbidden until the visa is actually in hand?

Hi @Ems1927,

I think Your existing status continues until you issued visa by home office..
Anyways hope for the best..
R u received your determination??

Thanks for the reply. Still no news, close to 5 weeks since the appeal now.

flozo64
United Kingdom

Post by flozo64 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:33 pm

Alhamdulilah. 2 years and 2 months after originally applying my husband finally has a visa. The solicitor called today and our documents are on the way. Best of luck to you all. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Flr(fp) application.

Applied - 29/07-14
HO Received - 31/07/14
Biometrics done - 12/08/14
Decision - Granted - 10/10/2014

Ma logo
Newly Registered

Post by Ma logo » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:32 pm

flozo64 wrote:Alhamdulilah. 2 years and 2 months after originally applying my husband finally has a visa. The solicitor called today and our documents are on the way. Best of luck to you all. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Congratulations to you n ur family. God is sure doing amazing things. I know mine is on the way too.

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:07 pm

flozo64 wrote:Alhamdulilah. 2 years and 2 months after originally applying my husband finally has a visa. The solicitor called today and our documents are on the way. Best of luck to you all. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Congratulations
Your expectation will manifest very soon

baker
Newly Registered

Post by baker » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:41 pm

Congratulations floz 64 us we are still waiting.

aamir26
Newly Registered

Post by aamir26 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:07 am

Previous Visa: Extension of Discretionary Leave to Remain Under Article 8 FLRO
Granted: 10-10 -2011
Visa expires: 10-10-2014
Applied: 12-09-2014
Acknowledgement : 16-09-2014
Bio letter received: 26-09-2014
Bio done: 26-092014
Decision Waiting

Inshallah they will decide ours soon.

iHope

Post by iHope » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:06 pm

@ kukuWife, Belive, dapsonlee and October
thank you so much for your kind words
@October! I sent everything with my application even Life in UK pass certificate at time of application knowing that I will get through 10 years during process and explained every thing in a statement along with my application. Did not apply for ILR separately and the Judge had read everything.
The Judge granted me ILR my family 30 months leave

laseye
Newly Registered

Post by laseye » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:02 pm

Hello all, i have submitted DNA to case worker as requested and its been received almost 10 days now yet have not heard from them , am agitated now and need the number to call SHEFFIELD UKBA NOW , KINDLY HELP IF YOU HAVE THE NUMBER.. UKVI SHEFFIELD ... ITS TAKING TOO LONG THINK MY CASE WORKER IS JUST THE MEAN ONE, AFTER ALL DOCUMENTS, BIRTH CERT OD BRITISH CHILD, BRIT PASS, PARTNERS PASSPORT WITH PR, ALL DOCUMENTS, CHILD'S RED BOOK, ALMOST 2 YEARS OF LIVING TOG, YET ASKED FOR DNA AND NOW GOT IT WHAT ELSE DOES SHE WANT?

KINDLY HELP WITH SHEFFIELD NUMBER PLS.

Rubablu
United Kingdom

Post by Rubablu » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:21 pm

Rubablu wrote:Hello everyone

Congratulations to all those who got their stay and praying for them who are still fighting. I applied last month FLR(FP) on 7 year rules and I would like to share my time line -
Applied for FLR(FP) - 25/07/2014
Acknowledgement dated - 30/07/2014
Biometric letter dated - 08/08/2014(received 20/08/2014)
Biometric done - 20/08/2014
Additional dox requested - not yet
Decision made - not yet
Dox received - not yet
BRP received - not yet

My short story is- we came uk on student visa in 2007. Extended student visa up to 30/7/2014. I have a child who came with me in 2007. Applied for FLR(FP) on 7 year rules. Really worried about live to remain.thanks.
Applied for FLR(FP) on 7 year rules and refused on 30/09/2014 -
Decision made - Refused on 30/09/2014 (received on 2/10/2014)

Appel have been submitted 09/10/2014 and waiting for court date. I do not know how long it will take.

lucky007

Post by lucky007 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:22 pm

Rubablu wrote:
Rubablu wrote:Hello everyone

Congratulations to all those who got their stay and praying for them who are still fighting. I applied last month FLR(FP) on 7 year rules and I would like to share my time line -
Additional dox requested - not yet
Decision made - not yet
Dox received - not yet
BRP received - not yet

My short story is- we came uk on student visa in 2007. Extended student visa up to 30/7/2014. I have a child who came with me in 2007. Applied for FLR(FP) on 7 year rules. Really worried about live to remain.thanks.
Applied for FLR(FP) on 7 year rules and refused on 30/09/2014 -
Decision made - Refused on 30/09/2014 (received on 2/10/2014)

Appel have been submitted 09/10/2014 and waiting for court date. I do not know how long it will take.

Hey Rubablu,

Thanks for sharing your story. i just want to inform u that my case is similar with u. We came uk on student visa in 2006 and applied under seven yrs child policy and refused. our hiring in FTT on October 24 next Friday and worried about that what will be happen that day.

Where do u apply for hieing and what was ur solicitor said abt ur case.

looking forward here from u soon.

preciosa022
Newly Registered

Post by preciosa022 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:10 pm

Hello

I have been following this forum for a while and I must say there are still some genuinely nice people out there. All of you spending your time to assist others.You are all so too kind and have changed lives for the the better for most people by your selflessness! I thought I could commend you as it is well deserved.

I need urgent help if you can. I have just had my reconsideration request refused with no right of apeal after I withdrew my JR for a reconsideration. What is the next step for me?I apllied flr o as I am married to my uk husband.Please I need help as I dont know what the next step is. I am still waiting to hear from the solicitor about our options but what do you think? Has anyone had a similiar story? I would appreciate your opinions please.

I came as a minor visiting my student father in 2004. His visa got refused in 2006 and we became overstayers. In 2009 I applied COA and a human rights DLR at the same time, to marry my uk citizen husband. COA approved.Married in 2010. DLR was refused asked for reconsideration with updated info abt our marriage sent to them as well. H.O never replied until we decided fresh application last year.

appl. Flr o oct 2013
bio. Dec 2013
ref. Jan 2014
Jr. March 2014
Withdrawn. June 2014
Reconsid ref. Oct 2014

Ems1927

Post by Ems1927 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:53 pm

To be honest guys from what I'm reading in many different places, now is not a good time to be applying for a visa especially in a category like this where it's all discretion based. I think they're currently refusing way more because of the election situation and general panic about immigration levels.. They want to keep the numbers as low as possible :(

It's been 6 weeks almost since our court date and still no response.. The waiting has gotta be the worst part.

Rubablu
United Kingdom

Post by Rubablu » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:58 pm

lucky007 wrote:
Rubablu wrote:
Rubablu wrote:
Hey Rubablu,

Thanks for sharing your story. i just want to inform u that my case is similar with u. We came uk on student visa in 2006 and applied under seven yrs child policy and refused. our hiring in FTT on October 24 next Friday and worried about that what will be happen that day.

Where do u apply for hieing and what was ur solicitor said abt ur case.

looking forward here from u soon.
Hi lucky007
Thanks for letting us know that you have same situation.Can you please let me know when you applied and when they refused you ?

My solicitor applied and i do not know where he applied.Solicitor said it depends on judge, some judges are very strict they never give you whatever the situation.

izhar
Newly Registered

Post by izhar » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:59 pm

HELLO EVER BODY .. I M TOTALLY NEW HERE . ACTUALLY I WANT TO SHARE MY STORY WITH U .actually i came in uk 2012 on student visa ( no work) . my visa was expired on 15/4/2014 but i made new application to extend my student visa on 4/4/2014 after a week i received letter from ho for bio ,done it after 2 weeks i got letter from ho by sayin that i will be given decision on 9 july 2014 but immigration enforcement team raid my house ... actually I GOT got married with my partner in march 2014 in registry office. they have been complained about my marriage that its not genuine .. in actual it is genuine got marriage certificate . they arrested me on the suspicion that i work after searching my home.they detained me . they refused my application of tier4 i had not any other option i met with solicitor in detention he advised me to put application in on the behalf of my wife who is British. i put my application in flr (fp) article 8 on 25/7/2014 on 10 year route. after 2 weeks i have been released. going to reporting center for signing. i received my acknowledgement letter and bio metric . i missed first the bio metric letter . then after 1 week they sent me bio metric letter again . i done my bio 2days before the date as mentioned on letter. and i lodged my jr for my student visa as jr was the cause of cancellation of my removal direction .which is still out standing... solicitor by ho advised me by sending the letter that i should withdraw my jr as is last remedy... .. what do u all suggest for me .. how much chances for me ? reply will be appreciated thanks

john108

Post by john108 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:54 pm

Bio metrics done late, done after 2 weeks of receiving the Bio Metric letter. Will it delay the process FLR(FP)?

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:27 pm

iHope

Please guide what should I do

My appeal is pending and hearing date is in Feb 2015, 10 years finish in Dec 2014.

My wife is with me as dependent and her appeal is too with me but separate..

Please guide me what should I do..

I too submitted my LIUK test with application but dont know what my Solicitor wrote in support of my application

Plus my wife still have not done english test.. and now she cant do as passport is with HO..

Please guide me what should I do..so that I may be too lucky God willing like you and get my ILR in 2 months from Feb 2015

do I have to show all income requirement ???
please guide me friend please

iHope wrote:@ kukuWife, Belive, dapsonlee and October
thank you so much for your kind words
@October! I sent everything with my application even Life in UK pass certificate at time of application knowing that I will get through 10 years during process and explained every thing in a statement along with my application. Did not apply for ILR separately and the Judge had read everything.
The Judge granted me ILR my family 30 months leave

satsug
Newly Registered

Post by satsug » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:02 am

Hai All..

All the best to everyone!!!!!!Any one please answer my question..

while appeal in process some peoples are withdrawing appeal and put another fresh application..My question is" Can we get another appeal rights if Homeoffice refuse the fresh application????????????

winners

Post by winners » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:51 am

satsug wrote:Hai All..

while appeal in process some peoples are withdrawing appeal and put another fresh application..My question is" Can we get another appeal rights if Homeoffice refuse the fresh application????????????
You may read this guildance:

If a person has made an application to enter or remain in the United Kingdom
(UK), has made a protection claim, or a human rights claim, or a decision to
remove or deport has been made, the person may be served a “one stop
notice” under section 120 of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002
(as amended by the 2014 Act). This notice places an ongoing duty on a
person to raise any additional reasons or grounds (other than those in the
application) that would permit him/her to remain in the UK. The purpose of
this notice is to require a person to raise reasons and grounds at an early
stage and to prevent matters being raised at the last minute. If no response is
made to the notice but the person makes a late claim, if refused, the claim can
be certified under section 96 of the 2002 Act, such that there will not be a right
of appeal if the claim could have been raised earlier (and there is no
satisfactory reason for that matter not having been raised in a statement made
in response to that notice, s96(2)(c)). Section 7 of the Asylum Policy
Instruction, ‘Further Submissions’ sets out certification under section 96 and
can be accessed at:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ubmissions
No Man on Earth should glorified Himself
All Glory Must be to thy Lord

Bobby2000
Newly Registered

Post by Bobby2000 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:50 pm

winners wrote:
satsug wrote:Hai All..

You may read this guildance:

If a person has made an application to enter or remain in the United Kingdom
(UK), has made a protection claim, or a human rights claim, or a decision to
remove or deport has been made, the person may be served a “one stop
notice” under section 120 of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002
(as amended by the 2014 Act). This notice places an ongoing duty on a
person to raise any additional reasons or grounds (other than those in the
application) that would permit him/her to remain in the UK. The purpose of
this notice is to require a person to raise reasons and grounds at an early
stage and to prevent matters being raised at the last minute. If no response is
made to the notice but the person makes a late claim, if refused, the claim can
be certified under section 96 of the 2002 Act, such that there will not be a right
of appeal if the claim could have been raised earlier (and there is no
satisfactory reason for that matter not having been raised in a statement made
in response to that notice, s96(2)(c)). Section 7 of the Asylum Policy
Instruction, ‘Further Submissions’ sets out certification under section 96 and
can be accessed at:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ubmissions

Satsug while you have an application under appeal, you can't make a fresh application.

Ma logo
Newly Registered

Post by Ma logo » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:33 am

Good morning everyone. 10 days after being asked for more documents, my application was approved yesterday. This forum has been a rock for me. Good luck everyone.

Application:28/07/14
More docs :10/10/14
Approved 20/10/14

pink124
Newly Registered

Post by pink124 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:26 am

Congratulations!!!

Please, what other documents did u submit for the requested documentary evidence?

rosazeet
Newly Registered

Post by rosazeet » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:17 pm

i m new to this forum. i m applying FLR(fp) next month, with 2 children. one born in uk and one in pakistan. my husband is applying ILR on 10 years basis. in my last extension i applied FLR for both children as i need to go pakistan. so both children visa are expiring same time. my question is that should i apply uk born child this time with our application or should we leave him this time and wait for husband ILR and then apply MN1. if we do not apply his visa this time with us, is there any problem for him as his visa expiring with us as well. thanks

newgirl123
Newly Registered

Post by newgirl123 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:42 pm

Hi

I wanted to know when the best time is to sent the bundle because in the letter it says 3 weeks before the hearing.
Is it ok to send 3 weeks before or should we do it before that?

winners

Post by winners » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:56 pm

newgirl123 wrote:Hi

I wanted to know when the best time is to sent the bundle because in the letter it says 3 weeks before the hearing.
Is it ok to send 3 weeks before or should we do it before that?
You could send the Bundle at any time but atleast 3 weeks before hearing as directed by the Tribunal
No Man on Earth should glorified Himself
All Glory Must be to thy Lord