ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right of access to child questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dime6
Newly Registered

Post by dime6 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:35 am

I am an asian I am married to an asian wife she's a british citizen by naturalization. We have a 7month child and I am on a 10 year spouse visa. I would like to know if we get separated and I am due to renew my spouse visa before 2 1/2 years and wife doesnt help me renew my spouse visa.

Can I renew spouse visa without my wife?

If wife doest want to help in renewing spouse visa, can I directly apply for Right of access to child as a father?

Is it applicable to apply right of access to child as a father if we get separated but still married? Or maybe it is only applicable for a divorce couple?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Right of access to child questions

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:13 am

Whether you separate or divorce, if the relationship is broken your leave as a partner will no longer be valid. In such circumstances you must change your leave to child access. This can be done inside the UK.

dime6
Newly Registered

Post by dime6 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:35 am

Thank you for the reply Lucapooka. I would like to know if right of access to child is the only best way for me? Is there any application that is applicable for me on my situation? If someone can help me.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:42 pm

Has your relationship broken down.

What could be a better application than applying on the basis of your child.

Or is it your intention not to have anything to do with the child after the divorce or seperation.

The visa may not be invalid, but it may be curtailed, if the authorities found out.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

dime6
Newly Registered

family life as a partner 10 year to parent route (5 or 10yr)

Post by dime6 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:56 am

Is it possible to switch from family life as a partner visa(10 year route) to family life as a parent visa(5 or 10 years route)if relationship ends that both spouse/partner and child are British citizens?

aakkoo
Pakistan

Re: family life as a partner 10 year to parent route (5 or 1

Post by aakkoo » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:41 am

Is it possible to switch from family life as a partner visa(10 year route) to settlement on SET (M) or FLR(M) as a dependent. The main applicant is on ILR.
"Pray before you are Prayed upon"

dime6
Newly Registered

Post by dime6 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:36 am

Need help please. Is it possible to switch from family life as a partner visa(10 year route) to family life as a parent visa(5 or 10 years route) if relationship ends that both spouse and child are British citizens? The main applicant is holding leave to remain only his 2nd year family life as partner that will last the visa for 10 years time. not yet an ILR holder.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:14 pm

dime6 wrote:Need help please. Is it possible to switch from family life as a partner visa(10 year route) to family life as a parent visa(5 or 10 years route) if relationship ends that both spouse and child are British citizens? The main applicant is holding leave to remain only his 2nd year family life as partner that will last the visa for 10 years time. not yet an ILR holder.

It is possible but slightly complex.

You could qualify under the parent route if there is a relationship with the British Child, and provided you are in employment and pass the English language test, you may qualify under the 5 years parent route, if the relationship with the British Citizen comes to an end.

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:52 am

Obie wrote: You could qualify under the parent route if there is a relationship with the British Child, and provided you are in employment and pass the English language test, you may qualify under the 5 years parent route, if the relationship with the British Citizen comes to an end.
Can you please put some light on my case. thanks
"Pray before you are Prayed upon"

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:05 am

Possible to switch to FLR(M) 5 years route if your spouse meets the financial requirement.