ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sannnnnnn

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by Sannnnnnn » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:14 pm

Hi, can somebody pls clarify what documents do you need to submit if you was applying as a carer. I have heard if you are are a carer you do not need to meet the £18600 threshold is that correct

Asim khan

Post by Asim khan » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:53 pm

Yea i got a call of Gerrys to come n collect.i wasnt even expecting that as i applied in August thinking ohhh they replied within a month but When i went there it was this ..lol

rudey786

Post by rudey786 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:01 pm

Asim khan wrote:Yea i got a call of Gerrys to come n collect.i wasnt even expecting that as i applied in August thinking ohhh they replied within a month but When i went there it was this ..lol
Awww good luck brother. In Sha Allah will be positive!
its so wierd it doesn't seem like they are looking at cases in any order!
Online Form: 14 Nov 14
Documents & bio: 21 Nov 14
Requested to send additional docs: 2 Feb 15
Concluded email received: 4 Feb 15
Visa collected: 6 Feb 15 :-D
Cat A - Mirpur

May Allah (swt) grant everyone success with their Visas In Sha Allah.

muskaan1987

Post by muskaan1987 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:44 am

Hi ais is possible to spply my husband settlment visa from uk

Or does he have to submit in pk plus how much it cost

N u live near Manchester can u submit there or do i have to go London?

Plus will it be quicket if we suvmit in uk ir pk?

Thanks

cruiser2014
Newly Registered

Post by cruiser2014 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:17 am

muskaan1987 wrote:Hi ais is possible to spply my husband settlment visa from uk

Or does he have to submit in pk plus how much it cost

N u live near Manchester can u submit there or do i have to go London?

Plus will it be quicket if we suvmit in uk ir pk?

Thanks
Incountry applications can only be submmitted if your husband currrently reside in the UK. If he resides in Pak, then you have to submit the application via BHC in islamabad, Pak. Guidance on this is available via UKVI webpage. (If your husband is in the UK, then you don't necessarily need to go to London... You/He can apply for his settlement visa either by post or via the UKVI's Public Enquiry Office(PEO). PEO appointment costs are higher(around £1450 approx). There are PEOs in liverpool, sheffield, london... so choose whichever is convenient for you. search the web for more info on postal & PEO applications from within UK).

Please note that the postal applications even from within the UK can take upto 6months or even longer for decisions. The PEO submitted applications can be decided within 1 day(or sometimes in few days) if you provide all necessary evidence and there are no mistakes or ambiguities in your application.
The cost for settlement visa in Pak is around £900.00(thats a rounded figure.. and not exact).. check the latest fee on UKVI website( ie http://www.gov.uk)

Hope it helps and all the Best!

cruiser2014
Newly Registered

Post by cruiser2014 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:30 am

muskaan1987

Post by muskaan1987 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:35 am

Thankyou

umeraali

Post by umeraali » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:13 am

Rudey 786 - Hi , I used Fedex they were really good and efficient with online tracking!

I did not send whole of my paperwork I only sent 1 bank statement by them which was £50.00 so I assume weight of your whole bundle will be much more. But at the time I sent the demonstrations of Imran khan were bad in Islamabad and they had advised it would delivered in 5 working days to be safe but I think it was delivered in 4.

cruiser2014
Newly Registered

Post by cruiser2014 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:22 am

ALHUMDULILLAH, My wife received her Passport back today with the VISA stamped!

Posting our Final Timeline:-

Application Type: Spouse/settlement Visa
Sponsor Income Category: Cat-F
Application Date & Centre: 20th Feb-2014 (Islamabad)
Forwarded to BHC: 28th Feb-2014
Email from BHC: 15th Oct-2014 (Application processed)
Collected from Gerry’s Islamabad: 20th Oct-2014 (Gerry’s even didn’t bother to tell us that our documents are ready for collection) Disappointed with extremely poor service and attitude by Gerrys.
Email reply from UKVI International-faq(20-10-14): Application still in process and is in a queue to be seen by an ECO. (Seriously? This service is a complete JOKE!)

INFO:
1. It took over 36 weeks for BHC/UKVI to decide our application which is a poor service on a colossal scale and sets extremely poor service standards by BHC.
2. Several emails and UKVI international-faq enquiries were sent to ascertain the status of application. This UKVI’s international-faq service only gave vague answers and was & is a complete waste of time. I came to know that this service is run by a third party(UKVI’s external contract service) who operate their centres from London, Abu Dhabi, India and Hong Kong. Therefore they never have any real time info on the status of your application. (received email today from them that our application is in a queue to be seen by an ECO…what a joke and idiots)
3. Do sent complaint emails to UKVI…. These useless individuals in UKVI must know that they’re causing an agonising pain to people who have been waiting for so long even when they meet all requirements. It does go in the statistics.. so anyone gone over 12 weeks and then again over 24weeks must file a complaint.
4. Enquiries with the local MP were totally useless…He asked UKVI for an update but got a standard reply that most applications from Islamabad are delayed because of high volume of applications and high court’s decision. (They forgot to tell the real reason of laziness, beloved and discrimination by BHC in Islamabad and by the UK gov in general… Indian Colleague got visa for his wife in 2 weeks!.. no delays in india where applications are at a proportionate level to Pakistan)
5. Finally.. The whole experience was a real pain and wish and pray that things do improve for Pakistan applicants & for Pakistan. The Government in Pakistan is equally responsible for this disgraceful treatment. 1 or 2 years ago delays were encountered in india too and BHC in india wanted to process indian applications in Abu-Dhabi but then Indian Government stepped in and they stopped BHC from sending passports of their citizens outside india..they also complained on the delays & poor service in india when Mr Cameron visited there. This dramatically improved the service there (as per my indian colleague) and now its very rarely that Indians have any issues.. all thanks to their government.. but look at the idiots who are in government in pakistan.. obviously such disgraceful treatment will continue until such as*h**es are in power in Pakistan who don’t give a dame to the common public and their rights. I just want to say ’GO NAWAZ GO’, Go GANJAY GO’ (as you & idiots like you are the real culprits who have ruined the dignity & self-respect of our country and countrymen)

At the end, I Wish & pray that all those waiting for their visas get a positive response Inn’Shaa’ALLAH.
Have TAWAQUL on ALLAH & ALLAH Alone and Inn’Shaa’Allah you’ll be successful in whatever is good for you by the decree of ALLAH Subhanotallah.
BarakAllah FiKum

kehkashan

Post by kehkashan » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:35 am

cruiser2014 wrote:ALHUMDULILLAH, My wife received her Passport back today with the VISA stamped!

Collected from Gerry’s Islamabad: 20th Oct-2014 (Gerry’s even didn’t bother to tell us that our documents are ready for collection) Disappointed with extremely poor service and attitude by Gerrys.
Email reply from UKVI International-faq(20-10-14): Application still in process and is in a queue to be seen by an ECO. (Seriously? This service is a complete JOKE!)

INFO:
1. It took over 36 weeks for BHC/UKVI to decide our application which is a poor service on a colossal scale and sets extremely poor service standards by BHC.
2. Several emails and UKVI international-faq enquiries were sent to ascertain the status of application. This UKVI’s international-faq service only gave vague answers and was & is a complete waste of time. I came to know that this service is run by a third party(UKVI’s external contract service) who operate their centres from London, Abu Dhabi, India and Hong Kong. Therefore they never have any real time info on the status of your application. (received email today from them that our application is in a queue to be seen by an ECO…what a joke and idiots)
3. Do sent complaint emails to UKVI…. These useless individuals in UKVI must know that they’re causing an agonising pain to people who have been waiting for so long even when they meet all requirements. It does go in the statistics.. so anyone gone over 12 weeks and then again over 24weeks must file a complaint.
4. Enquiries with the local MP were totally useless…He asked UKVI for an update but got a standard reply that most applications from Islamabad are delayed because of high volume of applications and high court’s decision. (They forgot to tell the real reason of laziness, beloved and discrimination by BHC in Islamabad and by the UK gov in general… Indian Colleague got visa for his wife in 2 weeks!.. no delays in india where applications are at a proportionate level to Pakistan)
5. Finally.. The whole experience was a real pain and wish and pray that things do improve for Pakistan applicants & for Pakistan. The Government in Pakistan is equally responsible for this disgraceful treatment. 1 or 2 years ago delays were encountered in india too and BHC in india wanted to process indian applications in Abu-Dhabi but then Indian Government stepped in and they stopped BHC from sending passports of their citizens outside india..they also complained on the delays & poor service in india when Mr Cameron visited there. This dramatically improved the service there (as per my indian colleague) and now its very rarely that Indians have any issues.. all thanks to their government.. but look at the idiots who are in government in pakistan.. obviously such disgraceful treatment will continue until such as*h**es are in power in Pakistan who don’t give a dame to the common public and their rights. I just want to say ’GO NAWAZ GO’, Go GANJAY GO’ (as you & idiots like you are the real culprits who have ruined the dignity & self-respect of our country and countrymen)

At the end, I Wish & pray that all those waiting for their visas get a positive response Inn’Shaa’ALLAH.
Have TAWAQUL on ALLAH & ALLAH Alone and Inn’Shaa’Allah you’ll be successful in whatever is good for you by the decree of ALLAH Subhanotallah.
BarakAllah FiKum
Congratulatns bro :) thts a relief that they have reachd till 20th feb :) u r right..they jst play wd our emotions wdout gvng a single thought that it might hurt us..
I applied on 27th feb.waitng for ref..INSHALLAH will hear soon
have a blessed life..pray fr me..pray fr evryone
Can u share the list of documents
INSHALLAH ds tym it will b a positive outcme for all of us

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:43 am

khan2013 wrote:
tallojani wrote:hadz7

Please read page 34 on this link https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rement.pdf
it says (c) Personal bank statements corresponding to the same period(s) as the payslips at paragraph 2(a), showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.

also read page 4 and 6 on the following link
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _FM_SE.pdf

(l) Where this Appendix requires the applicant to provide specified evidence relating to a period which ends with the date of application, that evidence, or the most recently dated part of it, must be dated no earlier than 28 days before the date of application.

These guide lines are issued by UKVI not by king2be. Common sense is what you are lacking, how can a 6 weeks old bank statement going to show your latest pay in? just answer that if you can please.
If the visa has been rejected on the basis of 28 days rule,then what are the chances of the successful review after supplying the required pay slips or bank statements. Also can they ask for the required documents while considering the application.
The guideline states "It depends on individual ECO to ask for required documents", but he/she is not obliged to do so. Who knows what could be the chances of a successful review, 28 days is a rule, ECM might agree on the ground of refusal and might refuse the review to backup the decision made by its ECO.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

cruiser2014
Newly Registered

Post by cruiser2014 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:47 am

kehkashan wrote:
cruiser2014 wrote:ALHUMDULILLAH, My wife received her Passport back today with the VISA stamped!

INFO:

BarakAllah FiKum
Congratulatns bro :) thts a relief that they have reachd till 20th feb :) u r right..they jst play wd our emotions wdout gvng a single thought that it might hurt us..
I applied on 27th feb.waitng for ref..INSHALLAH will hear soon
have a blessed life..pray fr me..pray fr evryone
Can u share the list of documents
INSHALLAH ds tym it will b a positive outcme for all of us
Jazak'allah Khair and yes Inn'Shaa'Allah you'll hear something vvery soon.
Inn'Shaa'Allah i'll upload the compelte document list shortly.. after work Inn'Shaa'Allah.

Beena

Post by Beena » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:47 am

INFO:

BarakAllah FiKum

Congratulations bro! May Allah swt bless your marriage and give you so much happiness ameen.

Its a relief and also so nerve racking that they have started on february applicants, i applied on the 19th of feb in Mirpur.. please pray for me!

phaara
Member of Standing

Post by phaara » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:05 am

Asim khan wrote:My application got refused in feburay ..did appeal the same month ..one copy to the Tribunal one to bhc pakistan.which they reviwed,got an answer of them last month ..refused again..so they took abt 6months ..i have applied for a new case in August already ..been Two months ..best thing is to review it and apply for a new case st the same time If ur not too positive abt the review ..

Brother.. Can u pls share wat was ur refusal reason if dont mind..
Jazakallah
online app 29/1/2014
Biometric 31/1/2014
Forwarded to Isb OC on 3/2/2014
RFC 2/10/2014

haseb
Newly Registered

Post by haseb » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:27 am

INFO:

BarakAllah FiKum
Assalam alykom

Mashallah very happy for you cruiser2014.
I applied on the 27th of March and got email on the 16th of this month (a day after you got email), confirming my wife's visa application had been processed, at the moment I am waiting for a call from Islamabad when documents are ready to collect.
The customer service is a disgrace and they BHC do not know anything about ethics. We have all paid the same fees as any other Arab or Indian etc for our applications to be processed, yet we wait for months while applicants of India as you have mentioned get it response in few weeks.
anyway there is not much we can do but hope and pray for the best.
I kindly request you all to keep me in your duas as I have kept you all. Inshallah, Allah will reunite us with our loved ones.

khan2013

Post by khan2013 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:46 am

tallojani wrote:
khan2013 wrote:
tallojani wrote:hadz7

Please read page 34 on this link https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rement.pdf
it says (c) Personal bank statements corresponding to the same period(s) as the payslips at paragraph 2(a), showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.

also read page 4 and 6 on the following link
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _FM_SE.pdf

(l) Where this Appendix requires the applicant to provide specified evidence relating to a period which ends with the date of application, that evidence, or the most recently dated part of it, must be dated no earlier than 28 days before the date of application.
Thank you.

These guide lines are issued by UKVI not by king2be. Common sense is what you are lacking, how can a 6 weeks old bank statement going to show your latest pay in? just answer that if you can please.
If the visa has been rejected on the basis of 28 days rule,then what are the chances of the successful review after supplying the required pay slips or bank statements. Also can they ask for the required documents while considering the application.
The guideline states "It depends on individual ECO to ask for required documents", but he/she is not obliged to do so. Who knows what could be the chances of a successful review, 28 days is a rule, ECM might agree on the ground of refusal and might refuse the review to backup the decision made by its ECO.
Thank you

blumango

Post by blumango » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:29 am

salam all

finally wife arrived to the uk yesterday.

the tb is only required for the purpose of obtaining visa. as part of imigration rules you must provide a tb certificate dated no older than 6months with your visa application. when a visa is granted you don not need a tb cert to enter the uk. this has already been verifiedas part of the visa application.

when my wife arrived in the uk, boarder control did not ask to see tb cert. she was asked about 15 questions in english about purpose of entry, date of marriage, spouse employment status, plans in the uk etc

n.b as stated above tb cert not required to enter uk. however, the issue is with leaving pakistan.

the big problem is every pakistani and his goat think they are ukba. straightaway the first problem my wife faced is when she went to a travel agents in mirpur to book flights. "no! no! no! ticket your tb not valid" come back with valid tb.

wtf? so took her over a week to get tb appointment. tb centres can no longer be contacted directly anymore. then she had to do polio thats more rupees.

at the islamabad airport nothing was checked, the airport staff were more concerned about charging "custom" on items in luggage. wtf? thought custom charge applies when entering a country not leaving.

thankfully nightmare of dealing with pakistan is over and my prays and thoughts are with those bros n sis going through this joke of a system.
Applied in Mirpur: 07/02/2014
Spouse Called for Interview: 02/07/2014
RFC: 10/10/2014 VISA GRANTED

haseb
Newly Registered

Post by haseb » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:38 am

blumango wrote:salam all

the tb is only required for the purpose of obtaining visa. as part of imigration rules you must provide a tb certificate dated no older than 6months with your visa application. when a visa is granted you don not need a tb cert to enter the uk. this has already been verifiedas part of the visa application.

when my wife arrived in the uk, boarder control did not ask to see tb cert. she was asked about 15 questions in english about purpose of entry, date of marriage, spouse employment status, plans in the uk etc

n.b as stated above tb cert not required to enter uk. however, the issue is with leaving pakistan.

the big problem is every pakistani and his goat think they are ukba. straightaway the first problem my wife faced is when she went to a travel agents in mirpur to book flights. "no! no! no! ticket your tb not valid" come back with valid tb.

wtf? so took her over a week to get tb appointment. tb centres can no longer be contacted directly anymore. then she had to do polio thats more rupees.

at the islamabad airport nothing was checked, the airport staff were more concerned about charging "custom" on items in luggage. wtf? thought custom charge applies when entering a country not leaving.

thankfully nightmare of dealing with pakistan is over and my prays and thoughts are with those bros n sis going through this joke of a system.
walykum salam blumango,

Alhamdulilallah, I wish you both a happy, prosperous and blessed life ahead inshallah.
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I have a quick question regarding UKBA, if you dont mind me asking, what airport did your wife arrive at in the UK, and would you be able to list the questions UKBA asked your wife.

BarakAllah fikum

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:03 pm

haseb wrote:

walykum salam blumango,

Alhamdulilallah, I wish you both a happy, prosperous and blessed life ahead inshallah.
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I have a quick question regarding UKBA, if you dont mind me asking, what airport did your wife arrive at in the UK, and would you be able to list the questions UKBA asked your wife.

BarakAllah fikum
Blumango, have a happy blessed life.
Haseb, I know you asked the question to blumango but I thought I should share my experience too, it may help.
My wife arrived Heathrow in April, they did check her TB certificate but didn't make any comments on the fact that it was expiring on the day.
Wife was asked the followings: Have you travelled to uk before? Where does husband work? Where does he live? Who does he live with? when did you get married? that's all.

haseb
Newly Registered

Post by haseb » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:12 pm

tallojani wrote:
haseb wrote:

walykum salam blumango,

BarakAllah fikum
Haseb, I know you asked the question to blumango but I thought I should share my experience too, it may help.
My wife arrived Heathrow in April, they did check her TB certificate but didn't make any comments on the fact that it was expiring on the day.
Wife was asked the followings: Have you travelled to uk before? Where does husband work? Where does he live? Who does he live with? when did you get married? that's all.

Assalam alykom tallojani,

Thats very kind of you and i would like to thank you for sharing your experience with me and everyone here.
I will keep in mind and make sure that I get my wife a new TB certificate to be on the safe side, and will make note of the questions you have posted. I would like to you wish you and your wife a successful and happy life full of joy.

Kind regards

Haseb

Moa7

Post by Moa7 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:39 pm

A very big congrats to all those you recently got their visas and are finally united with their spouses :D

A question for you all: were you all able to bring your spouses to the uk around the 'intended date of travel' as you all wrote in your applications?

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:05 pm

Wife was asked the followings: Have you travelled to uk before? Where does husband work? Where does he live? Who does he live with? when did you get married? that's all.[/quote]

Congratulation to everyone who received their visas recently. Had a question regarding when arriving to the UK. Would you ukbA still ask all the questions at the airport even when travelling with spouse or is it only when husband/ wife travel alone? And when questioning the spouse are both husband and wife present at the same time?

rudey786

Post by rudey786 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:21 pm

MashaAllah. .. Congrats Cruiser2014!!

Best wishes to all In Sha Allah
Cat A - Mirpur

rudey786

Post by rudey786 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:23 pm

umeraali wrote:Rudey 786 - Hi , I used Fedex they were really good and efficient with online tracking!

I did not send whole of my paperwork I only sent 1 bank statement by them which was £50.00 so I assume weight of your whole bundle will be much more. But at the time I sent the demonstrations of Imran khan were bad in Islamabad and they had advised it would delivered in 5 working days to be safe but I think it was delivered in 4.
Thank you!
Cat A - Mirpur

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:25 pm

Moa7 wrote:A very big congrats to all those you recently got their visas and are finally united with their spouses :D

A question for you all: were you all able to bring your spouses to the uk around the 'intended date of travel' as you all wrote in your applications?
Nope, my wife applied three times and each time decision came way passed the intended date of travel.